main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Ep.2 figures...which ones are the hardest to find!?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jawa78, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    So far in my area of Frederick, Md i've been able to find most of the ep.2 figures (I also finally found the Jango Preview figure finally as well)and the Frederick wal-mart has tons of figures (way more than the local toys r us)but there are a few i haven't been able to find. Yoda looks like he may be the hardest of the bunch to find and i have yet to see him anywhere. I've also not been able to locate Zam Wesell, Anakin (hanger duel), or Count Dooku. i've been told by some that he's not out yet and can only be bought as the deluxe figure...can anyone confirm that he IS out there? I've also see 2 Royal Guards and both packages were damged badly (it's amazing that the only two i've seen and one of the few i need had the package damaged when there are tons of other figures in mint condition)and found only 1 clone trooper but i wasn't about to pay $8 for it at kay-bee when they are $2 cheaper at wal-mart. If anyone knows of a place in reasonable driving distance that has any of these figures (mainly yoda and dooku because i have a feeling both will be hard to find while the other I will run into sooner or later)please let me know!

It's also interesting to note that I went to both wal-mart and toys r us and it looks like neither were hit bad by early shoppers because the shelves had tons of figures on them except for the ones mentioned. Also...someone mentioned on another board that they though Plo Koon would be a toughie to find and so far they are right, well sort of. All the wal-marts and toys r us stores around me didn't have any but kay-bee had 3 for $8.

2. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Hay, I have them in my area: the Count, Zam, Yoda, Anakin, Obi-wan almost all of them. Anyone interested in a raid and I get them to you on the 11th at the meeting? I got my Yoda, the only one I wanted. :D

May the Force be with you... always
    Fipe Naz-mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    BALTIMORE MD

3. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    Fipe- Where are you from. I'm in Delaware right now, and I'm not going to be able to get to the meeting. Any way we could work out a way for me to buy them from you and pay for shipping and you can send them to me here?

4. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Chewboxer:
    I'm in Southern MD, St Mary's County. What will be the ones you need?

5. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I need :

-Dooku (x3 if possible)
    -Luminara (x2 if possible)
    -Royal Gaurd.

the multiples are for my roommates. Let me know what we can work out. Thanks.

6. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Chewboxer:
    I'll see what I can do this weekend. I'll be able to give you answer for monday for sure. Is this fine?

May the Force be with you...Always
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    BALTIMORE MD

7. TheBeatlesForce

TheBeatlesForce Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    Is the Hangar Duel Anakin hard to find? I've seen him everywhere. Plus, I've got a horror story for you about Dooku.

I go to pick my bro up at the mall. I grab something to drink and decide to check out Kay-Bee. I look through the figures, and what do I find? Count Dooku!! Well, I find my bro and hit his friends up for some cash as I just spent mine all on Tuesday. I go back, buy the figure, although the bubble is a little screwy, I still gotta have it. Well, I get in the car, and as we're driving away, one of the little bastards somehow sits on the figure, messing up the card and completely screwing me over. I was so pissed!

Sorry about that, but I need a Yoda and Dooku(shut up)

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I cannot find Dooku anywhere. He's the only one I wanted and can't find. I'm not talking the deluxe, just the regular action figure. Can anyone help?

9. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members:
    Here is the sad story for the moment. I went on Wednesday to check the figures. And I bought a Yoda (there were two left). I didn't bought the Count or Mace WIndu, because there were many left. And since I got paid on Friday I coudn't do much. So I went today to buy those for me and for Chewboxer and they were GONE! Not even one. :_| All they have is Jango, Bobba, Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2, the Count figure that jumps (Darth name) plus some other characters. I will keep hunting them down, I promise. And I will try to get them. Anyone interested in Zam the Bounty Hunter, C3PO, Jango Fett?

A note aside, I bought a Post Card book with awesome pictures. You might wanna check it out.

Well, see you soon.
    May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    BALTIMORE MD

10. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Currently there is no regular figure Mace, well there isn't supposed to be anyway. Hasbro site declares that he won't be out until December, along with the OT figures and Gui-Gon...

Note I also live in St. Mary's county and I purchased every single one available (except the lucky streak at K-mart in Salisbury, which I posted earlier).

Oh yeah, and I opened mine.

11. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'll keep my eyes open for more Yodas and Dookus. But Dooku looks impossible to find.

12. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    According to some VERY reliable soources of mine, Belin/Ocean City WalMart still has TONS of Yoda's and Dooku's. So if anybody is heading to the beach this weekend. Stop in and buy up.

13. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I am almost certain I saw a regular Dooku and a Yoda, actually lots in Martinsburg at both K-Bee and Walmart.

14. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I was in the Abingdon Wal Mart and took a peek to see if I could find the tree big ones every one is looking for. Sorry to report that I couldn't find any Luminaria, Dooku, or Yodas. Plenty of R2's, though.

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I checked out TRU in Columbia, and K-Mart and Ames in GB, no hard-to-getters.

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    There are many Yoda's and Luminara's at the Toy Works in the Festival Shopping Center in Bel Air. For directions, let me know.

17. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Well i was at the toys r us in frederick again on saturday and found out some interesting info:

The most interesting...a few toys r us stores in maryland have gotten in different variations of certain figures that they weren't supposed to get. These figures have small cardboard backgrounds inside the packaging and were supposed to be sold in china only but somehow got shipped to the u.s.! The guy who manages the toys r us in frederick told me that they were gonna go fast and get them while i could. At first i thought he was joking but they had a few signs up pointing out that indeed there was a goof up and they got the wrong figures. The ones with the background that they had were the main charchters (anakin, padme, obi-wan, 3po, r2, and jango)i picked up the ones with the background and just to make sure i went to wal-mart and they had all the figures...without the cardboard thingy (toys r us had both versions though)so go to your local toys r us and check on this or make a trip to frederick because they are not supposed to be sold in the u.s. but accidently got shipped here!

The manager also told me that yoda will be tough to find for a while because he comes 1 to a box and sometimes he's nowhere to be foudn when they open a new box. he's supposed to be released with the 2nd wave in the early summer he said so more and more will show up down the road but if you see yoda...BUY HIM! The same goes for count dooku! both the toys r us and wal-mart in frederick both told me that every box that has been opened hasn't had a yoda or count dooku in them since they went on sale on the 23rd and not many of both figures have been made.

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    The only thing I like to collect are the action figures. As we all go to different stores, could we update this periodically with what you found and where you saw it? I'm still looking for Yoda and Dooku. I'm sure there will be restocks closer to the movie and immediately following.

19. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    For those who are interested, I was in the Toys R Us in Bel Air last night and they had 4 new action figures on the shelf: Jango Fett-Final Battle, Mace Windu-Geonosis Rescue, Darth Vader-I Am Your Father, Luke Skywalker-That's Not True. All look very cool. I only picked up Mace.

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    The Mace wasn't a deluxe?

21. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    No, it's a regular figure. It's Mace with his eyes closed, mouth open, and in agonizing pain. His right arm swivels and there's a button on his back that, when depressed, causes him to swing his lightsaber.

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Very cool.

23. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah that Mace. He's one bad mutha...
    Shut your mouth!
    I'm only talking about Windu!
    We can dig it. :D

24. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    How many regular Mace Windu figures are there? Besides the one that comes in the larger packaging with lots of junk. Wasn't there another Mace that came out on April 23rd that is difficult to find?

-Karth

25. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Wouldn't it be funny if when mace says, "This party's over," the Shaft theme music cues in?

Who's the man who kills ten out of ten Geonosians? Mace!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.