main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Ep.2 figures...which ones are the hardest to find!?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jawa78, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Palpy teases me in my dreams. He eludes me.

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I've been dying a little each day since I heard he was released.

3. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
  4. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I feel extremely fortunate I picked up Hangar Duel Anakin when the figures first came out. But I didn't get Dooku and Yoda until May 16th. And that was total luck. And here it looks as if Palps will be rare again. That's what bothers me. I'm mad that Hasbro won't sell direct.

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    One day Sapient, one day, you and I both will come face to painted on face with the elusive Supreme Chancellor. He's a sly one, that Palpatine. Controlling the Republic, secretly a Sith Lord, but the old man can't hide from us forever. One day Sapient, one day...

8-}

6. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Ummmm...you guys are scaring me...

:D

M.M.

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Nothing to fear M.M. Nothing at all. At least for you. My dear Palpatine, on the other hand, should be shaking. Every bit of his 3 3/4 plastic molding should be afraid, very afraid.

8-} (this is all a joke, just so you know)

8. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    A joke? A joke you say? Master Mogook, this is no joke. The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen. Begun this maxing-out-the-credit-card-until-all-toys-are-rightfully-ours obsession has.

:D

Mon "getting jokes is my specialty" Mothma

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    [face_laugh]

I can't think of anything to come back with.

10. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    I know..it's an old Jedi mind trick I trot out from time to time. You may have seen it on Spongebob...the Orb of Confusion.

M.M.

11. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Wow!! Palpy has become frequent here on the shore recently.........I've picked up as many as I can to bring to the next meeting (unfortunately some of my friends have snagged 2 up from me) But I still got ONE left to bring. I hope to find more.

But the day I await for is the day when I can say......"alas, the mighty Chewbacca."

12. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'll be going to the store today so I'll keep an eye out for the walking carpet. On a side note, I was flipping through the channels last night and actually saw a Star Wars action figure commercial. It was for Yoda, Dooku, the acklay, etc... Anyone else see this?

13. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Yes, Sapient. I've seen it about three times (it's on Nickelodeon a lot.)

Son of M.M.

14. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    I finally got a Palptine, and there's no way I'm giving him away. All I need is Yoda.

Son of M.M.

15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Again, Palpatine mocks me. Where did you find him? I know it can't be the White Marsh Walmart. They had about 10 figures on the shelf. It was pathetic.

16. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    I got him on eBay, 'cause I knew he wouldn't be in a store unless I drove for about 1 hour to Ocean City. It was a high shipping cost, but I was desperate!

Son of M.M.

17. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    With shipping and handling, what was the bottom line total cost you paid? If you got him for let's say $0.99 and paid $4 shipping, then that's market price.

18. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    The price was 11.00, but it's probably only a little higher than what you would pay for the toy, tax, and gas mileage. Plus, it might save me hours of aggrivation!

Son of M.M.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't wanna have to resort to ebay, but I might have to. Palpy, where are you!

20. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Tha rarity of certain figures makes me mad. It's the same with Episode I. The hard to get figures were Palps, Sidious, etc... And also R2-B1, R2-Q5. For crying out loud, they're action figures, not rare gems. Why can't Hasbro make them more plentiful?

21. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    In their (Hasbro's) deluded minds, they have to pack "rare" figures one or two per case. Why? In order for them to sell those figures that they over-produced. When a retailer orders a case of figures to get, say a Palpatine, they also have to take 3 Tuskan Females, 3 C-3PO's, and four Padme's!
    (Something which NOBODY needs!) Those reducing Hasbro's warehouse. Kinda crappy, but that's business.

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Figures came out on April 23rd. By the 25th, there were already rare figures (Dooku/Yoda). Something is just wrong about that.

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    By the 25th they were rare? Dooku was rare the day he came out. I was at Walmart at 6am (when they opened) and Dooku was a rarity. I had to open and search through several boxes to get him. I agree Sapient, it's crazy.

24. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I know it sounds silly, but I really wouldn't have minded a Bo Shek when it came out. I saw it one time in the stores and thought it was priced too high and I'd wait. Now it's rare. That's why I want Djas and Palpy so much. It makes me mad.

On a side note, sithspawn35, do you still need Chewy? If so, you may be in luck. Do you still have an extra Palpy? If so, we could both be pretty happy. :)

25. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I finally found a YODA!

though i had to go all the way to New Jersey to do it. (dark helmet, do you still have that extra one? I have a friend in need)

The guy at KB toys told me they only get ONE yoda in every star wars toy shipment! So that explains a little. I've noticed a LOT of Hangar Bay anakins here so if anyone still needs one let me know before the end of the week.

Still no Palpy or Chewie or Han. Argh.

Toodle pip
    Sam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.