main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ep. 2 toys in Ripon

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I don't know if anyone cares to travel to Ripon or not to get them, but if you can't wait 5 days, I found all the AOTC toys up on the shelf already at the Big K-Mart in Ripon, WI today. Just thought I'd let anyone interested know.

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Ripon as in home of Rippin' Good Cookies?

3. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    The same!

4. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    The same Ripon where Harrison Ford dropped out of college when he only needed 2 credits to graduate! WI is full of fun tidbits, isn't it?! :)

5. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Gah.. I thought I was lucky to find the E2 Jedi Cruiser at TRU today as well as a Rebel trooper ( Mind you I had to dig through a zillion Eeth Koth and even odder Zam Wessels ) and Uter (Little German kid from Simpson's no relation to Star wars, but a cool little action figure nonetheless) Would it be worth it to us to drive to Ripon? Or was your post just a way to neener at those of us jonesing for the new figures?

6. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, it's only about a 1.5 - 2 hour drive from Milwaukee (and I'd call ahead to make sure they still have the stuff)... but, Slave I is gorgeous, as is the Jedi fighter (but, you know that now). They also had Dooku's and Anakin's lightsabers which look cool, but are still too expensive for my taste. I didn't buy any of the 3.75" figs, aside from the Deluxe ones, and truth be told - they're all pretty disappointing. Jumpin' Dooku and Obi-Wan rarely land (and the Obi-Wan fig sucks), Dress-up Jango looks funny, and Droid-killin' Mace Windu (while a nice looking figure, IMO) comes with a battle droid that doesn't even stay together.

Is it worth it to drive to Ripon? Nah.

So, Neener.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.