main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Ep.3 Adelaide events.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by evil-incarnate, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Think we should do a biggie on this one as it will probably be the last one.
    Just leave names & maybe ideas of stuff you think that the masses may enjoy.
    If a couple more people are willing to put the effort in we'll get the media on board. They love this stuff.

2. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    You could always come to the Fox Studios premiere in Sydney with us :D

3. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    yeah, nah....I think E-I had stuff in mind that is viable for Adelaide people living on a budget...nice thought, but unfortunately for the average person, impossible....

I was thinking we do the midnight session (as we did last time) at Marion, full costume, maybe hang out there for a few hours prior (of course, best way to get seats). Have a special dinner prior at a restaurant in costume......

we could do a gold class cinema thing, but I'm not sure how Greater Union would go booking an entire cinema out to a bunch of SW fans....from past experience, might be hard to get them to come to the party.

It's hard enough getting tickets booked prior or session times - they don't like to cooperate much that lot.

4. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I wish the big cinema in the Mall didn't close because even though the sound and picture aren't great, I've gone out for a meal and a few drinks with friends before the flick and it's been fun. Last time I bought 40 tickets in the weeks leading up to the midnight premiere and sold them to friends - instant midweek party! FWIW, it wasn't hard to buy tickets in advance, so if Marion/whoever won't get a who cinema for us, we should just buy a stack of tickets.

I then followed it up with Marion the following night both times - much better picture and sound, plus slightly less hype and noise, which allowed better watching of the film.

Anyways, I'm more than happy to do something on the premiere night (dinner/drinks before hand etc) and would personally prefer Marion if it had to be a suburban cinema, although I know that this will be difficult for some people to attend. Is there anywhere in the city that will be doing the midnight session as I think this is the way to go (central, lots of food places etc).

For sure get the media involved, it won't be hard.

However, as mentioned before, my main *hope* is to do something (perhaps at Adelaide High? or elsewhere in town) like the old PARSEC meetings in the weeks/month before the premiere. Advertise the message board, organise some displays, games, movies/doccos on the projector, famouse SW people from SA/Aus etc. I'll put more thought into this in the coming weeks and see who else would be willing to be involved - either post to this thread or pm me if you'd be up for this.

So much to do in the last few weeks of holidays (this, car mods, paving garden, finish TAFE course and set up two new courses at my work)! Oh well, no more sleeping all day :)

5. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Well Milney i am planning on going to Sydney to see premiere in my Stormie but so far Fox havent given us (501st TAG) any info as to what they are doing for premiere and what dates they want us there :( very slack

6. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    As soon as one of my friends gets back to me, I can give you some info TK :D

7. Emm_Dee

Emm_Dee Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    I think Marion, is were I will go, with some mates and a bros. Last time was good there because like you guys not too much hype.

I don't go for costumes and the like, but I am planning on having a very cool t-shirt this year.

Any Who, I'm new so Hello to you all.

Offcourse I'm into the films, but I am also a huge fan of the novels, and games.

So see you around, MD

8. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Hello fellow travelers on the path to Star Wars enlightenment, I'm back! :*
    Well not actually back, I lied, I'm currently in Queensland soaking up some sun, it was a surprise gift from boyf before we head back to USA. Argh! Will I ever see home again?:_|

SR was gorgeous, and I'm so sorry I didn't have the chance to write, there is so much to do it was like being cut off from the world even though there were computers everywhere. I nearly died on the first day, GL was just hanging around the design room with RM :eek:[face_dancing]I acted like a total nerd and boyf was just like so cool about it. I was close to screaming and I have at least five photograph's with the great man himself.
    I promise I'll post them, and even better I met Hayden!=P~Ladies, believe me, he is even better in real life. I was all ready to leave my beloved boyf and go running after him screaming, "take me with you!" :_| :D But we had a great time hanging out around the place, he's a real cutie.
    Nat was busy with a movie, but I also met Ewan, =P~ hot, hot! I love a man with an accent, but he is so sweet and we chatted for ages, he really is a complete gentleman, but Hayden's just nuts. But nuts in a very cute way, he and Ewan were doing a bit of recording dialoge and only stayed a few days.

Anyway, I want to be back to see Episode III in SA, one American's bad enough, I've been surounded by them 24/7. I've had enough of having them make me repeat words, and then asking what language we speak in Australia. o_O

I hope to be back home soon, I've got a whole load of SR mugs and t-shirts, and sooo many stories to dish, plus I've got the answers to your questions. GL laughed at a lot of them, so you should be proud. :)

Anyways, I might see the premiere in California, (or Cali-fore-nee-a as the Governor puts it,) but I'll defintely be home to watch it amoungst sane South Aussies.

Also, I've got an alias for boyf,Nah. It works very well, because that's one of the only words in his vocabulary.

Hugs,Aiel.

9. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Count two more into the group :) My friend and I were planning to go to midnight at Marion anyway :) Dinner beforehand sounds cool. Great idea, Nawara-Ven!

10. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    What about a social gathering before the midnight session??? Maybe a bbq/salads Or pizza's/nibbles and few drinks and maybe watch the Phantom Menace and Attck Of The Clones through a projector the screen size is roughly 3 metres by 1.5 metres. Was thinking we could kick off around 5:30/6:00, would give us plenty of time to catch up have a laugh then make our way to marion. Love to hear any feedback.

11. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Both ideas sound good. Last time we did somewhat of a combination of the two. A bunch of us went out to dinner in town and then went to the Bar on Gouger (ex-owner of the place was a friend) and watched Phantom Poop while having a few drinks. Was an ace evening, specially as I'd bought 30 or so tickets and sold them to friends, so it was kindof cool having a big bunch of friendly people in the cinema. I remember *all* of us laughing/groaning at the Sound of Music scene ;)

The bbq and both films idea sounds good (and cheaper) *except* for the possibility that we could run late if we watch both prequels and that also some people might not be up for watching 3 SW films in a row (I suppose they don't *have* to be watched).

Other than that both ideas sound fine - perhaps if enough people want to 'eat out' at Marion (or wherever the gang wants to go) we could hire/book a venue to eat at.

Whatever the majority want I'm up for it. Just let me know soon cos I'll be buying 30 or 40 tix again :) (although are Marion less likely to be ammenable to this than Hoyts in the city?)

12. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    the only problem I see with doing all that is that some of us have to work during the day and don't knock off til 5-6ish, leaving not a lot of time for getting home, getting changed, etc. Also, those of us with kids can't really just drop them and run. (although sometimes I'm sure we'd love to :p )

Usually we meet up at Spargos and have a bite to eat, then line up for hours and hours on end, which is great fun, you get to meet interesting people, and get to show off your costumes - the best bit!! I dunno, I have so much else to worry about before May!!

I'd have to talk to Fox about the hours on end thing, cos we leave for Melbourne the next morning for the conference.

Marion won't be that easy to talk to until around April or early May anyway, but they're pretty good if you explain that there's a heap of people coming in costume and it'll be good publicity for Greater Union. Of course, we can't EXPECT everything to go our way, we have to come halfway, but hey - isn't that what life is all about? :D

13. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    oops forgot about the weekday thing lol. I dont get home until 6:30 most nights from work. It will be coming out on a wensday at midnight wont it???

14. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    we can only hope, D-D... we can only hope..... [face_laugh]

for AOTC, we went to a 6.30 premiere with the press at Marion on the Wednesday, then hung around for the midnight session, then I think we did another in the early hours of the morning, then we did another on Thursday night, or was that two on Thursday night? I don't remember now....T-K would probably remember, he was there for the whole crazy ride too.....

15. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Spargos and the line party sounds good to me, and if anyone is planning to go a few times over the next few days, I'm in for that too. Did the same with RotK :)

I'm doing temp work at the moment, so I'm not sure what I'll be going in May, and what time I finish. I usually work in the city and finish around 5, but I can take my gear with me, and get changed later on.

16. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Hi all, two fans here in the North of the state, Pt. Augusta/Quorn area (hey, we didn't ask to live here, it's where the work is!).
    We're new to this forum, but happy to be here.
    At least one of us is very keen to see the midnight session. Let us know what happens (yep, I'm taking two days off for this event). We will watch what happens in the forum also. We're trying to make it to future events, but distance can be an issue. Everything can be overcome, though!

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome Toddi!! Seems we are attracting fans from all over the state....and this is good to know. I am sure there will be a midnight viewing.....and details will come out closer to the time... ;)

18. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    Pt. Augusta/Quorn? What do you do for a living?
    My parents lived in Pt. Augusta for a while - hey, Quorn is a nice place to be ....at least you're out of the rat race!! :D (not that I have anything against Pt. Augusta)

Anyway, welcome to our humble boards. It'd be great to have you along to the premiere in May - by then we'll have something ironed out to do, it's just a matter of getting hold of cinema managers etc beforehand. (btw, I found the number for the Marion Greater Union managers office).

Just wondering - probably a rude question, but still - what sort of age range do we have here? I know of the older fans ages (around about), but wondering about the newbies. That may have something to do with what we do before the premiere, is all.....
    :D

hey, I just realised I wrote conference up there! ^ I meant convention! Doh! :p
    yeah, so we'll be leaving for the convention the next morning - 8am flight I think - but then....we can always sleep all day the day before hand. :)

19. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    For the record, I'm 26.

20. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Welcome aboard Toddi and your friend :D

21. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Thank you Adalia and TK for your warm welcome.

I'm sure my friend will emerge in good time. He is somewhat of a padawan, but is almost ready to head out on his own.

For the record ... and our own, we are both 28, male, single ..... hetero ;) and mad SW fans.

While I cannot speak for my friend, I am preparing for Ep. 3 with the full Jedi outfit and hair ... facial too for this great event. I'll definitely be there with you in my Jedi robes (once I make them). It sounds like it will be cool.

To answer you question, Nawara, I am a qualified teacher, as is my friend. I now work in Port Pirie for a welfare organisation, and my friend teaches.

I'm trying to convince him that we must make a fan film up here ... there is some excellent terrain that could be used.

It's great to be here!

22. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    cool!! You secondary or primary teachers? I'm studying my Bachelor of Ed JP/P at the moment, am in third year this year (yeah, apparently the hard work starts here).

You're probably wondering how old we all are? (if you haven't read the boards yet). I'm 38 going on 28 - the reason I asked for everyones age is that if we decide on a licensed venue for dinner/drinks/whatever for EpIII, we have to be aware of those who are underage. That's all....
    :D

23. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005

We're both JP/P trained, we've both taught R-9. My friend is currently.

If we can be any help, just drop a line. And yep, third year was very hard, fourth year seemed a blur to me!! I wonder how much work I actually did in 4th year!!

We may be 28, but we have the minds of an 8 year old!!! Just kidding, we're big kids at heart.

I've been looking around the forums at the pics and people's ages, and also getting hints about costumes. Those photos of Macca's on Anzac Highway are hilarious!! I grew up about 1 km from there and my folks still live there. That's my dwelling when I'm in Adelaide. Ah, good ol' Anzac Highway Macca's, I remember it well!

24. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    Thankyou for the offer of help - I may yet call out for it!! :D

Some might tell you that I have the maturity of an 12 year old at times.... :) I don't care, I'm having fun and I really, really don't want to grow old too quickly.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy. Back to studying for my deferred exam.....oh yay! I-)

25. Dave-Jedi

Dave-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    Heya,
    Personally I think that we will be seing it more times than anyone sane would ever expect in a 24 hr period anyway. I presume everybody will be going to the midnight session at Marion & then again to the 9.30 session the next night like EP 2 yeh ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.