main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Ep.3 Adelaide events.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by evil-incarnate, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    So, now that we all have our tickets, what are we planning to do on the night / afternoon?

I think that nearly all the tickets are sold (yay!), and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a last minute rush and they all suddenly go. Great work Fox! Thanks for all your hard work. You know that we appreciate it :D

Some of you lucky people were talking about arriving at Marion sometime in the afternoon (wish I could join you!)... but I expect most of us can't go until we finish work for the day :( So, what time are we going to meet and where??

There was some talk on Saturday night after bowling about booking a table at Spargos and having tea there before lining up. As we know from our experience on Saturday night, it's the perfect place to hang out and watch for people in costumes... :D Do we all agree, or should we put it to a vote?? I was just thinking about it, and if we end up with a really large group going, we'd better book a table asap. To take into account people coming from work or home and having to get ready first, we should probably book it for sometime after 7pm at least.

I though that I read somewhere that we aren't able to start lining up until 10pm, but I have searched through the last 5 pages and couldn't find anything. We may want to arrange a time and place for those who don't want to come to dinner, or are going to have dinner somewhere else.

Regarding cameras... some of us aren't able to carry cameras (due to our costumes). Does someone want to volunteer to be our official SAFF photographer for the evening?

Is there anything we are going to do while we are lining up, or are we just going to stand there and chat? I've heard of people playing games and stuff while in line, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or ideas of things we could do...

Gosh, not long to go now... only 12 days, 14 hours and 13 minutes left....

2. Paw-of-Arcticfox

Paw-of-Arcticfox Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    actually, the loosely held plan, as talked about on several occasions (last talked about at Skips just prior to Jango destroying our hope in fan filums...lol) was thus:-

Fox, and several others were arriving anywhere between 2 and 4 in the arvo - finding each other being simple......Fox is the one in costume, so is Guri....and Winter...oh, and i believe others might be too.....heh heh

around 6pm, several tables are already booked at Spargos.....numbers of seats for that remains transient, for they like final numbers only 3 days ahead of time - PM Fox for interest in this when he posts closer to the day (Human Lists will not be recognised!...ffftt!)

Fox and any interested will most likely be wandering Marion end to end, perhaps grabbing a coffee here or there - a very relaxed affair!

tickets sales

Ebay sales have dribbled in, Fox thanks all for spreading the word - please feel free to mail bomb it even more so - http://thearcticfox.tripod.com

there are still around 30 odd tickets left.

Fox skulked around Marion today to place some flyers in several key stores, and this week is the final round for Ebay. flyers have also been dropped into The Comic Centre and Movie Maniacs - thanking them, Fox is!

and now for a Cuban.....

3. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm supposed to working until 9 but I'm nicking off at about 7:30. I'm eating at work at 6, but will probably organise a table for myself and some friends for about 8:30 or 9. Is there anyone who'd be interested in late dinner (I'm assuming they do it late)? Let me know.

4. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Im sorry I wont be able to make it as, I dont get home from work until 6:30pm.

Late dinner sounds good skipp, you can add 2 to you list for sure.

5. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I can wonder in at about four, my Tafe teacher won't let me out before then.

But if a late dinner is convinent for all those who work late, I put in a vote for a late one. (Might save some money when it comes to the cost of those pesky Greater Union food. It's far too expensive.)

(PS: Remember to remind Aiel repeatedly, not to order anything that will stain peach-koshibo polyester costume.) :D

6. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I'll eat early or late ... or both!!

7. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    I'm with DD, 6pm dinner is too early for us. First we have to get home, then we have to get ready. Though we can make the later dinner. One of my friends will probably join us too :D

So, make that 3 for the late dinner oz_skipp :D

8. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    so we can count Toddi in to join the early fun and games then??
    We're going to be wandering up and down Marion making complete fools of ourselves, as usual....come, join the frivolties that is a movie premiere...
    :D

9. Paw-of-Arcticfox

Mar 10, 2005
    in the words of the most bodacious Xehra......its all good :D

this whats its all about friends! - relaxed, and of many choices....

the earlier time still stands - for those whom wish it...... a nice pasta might sit heavy as the night wears on, which is why an early seemed apropriate....
    but we will all bumb into each other, im sure!

but this is much the muchness.....

It is the hope of Fox that some of you might try a last push to sell the 30 remaining tickets.....in order to send us into the relam of profit - the Smith Family is indeed a cause to be helped!

so..... the tickets must be sold....buy,sell,email bomb for the charitable cause!

my Paws hurt.....

10. Paw-of-Arcticfox

Mar 10, 2005
  11. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    I'll organise dinner soon. I'll book this weekend. I'll get numbers soon. Can't tonight cos I left the power supply for the laptop at work and only one hour left on the battery :)

12. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    are we there yet??

how about now?

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I won't be able to come to the early dinner; don't finish uni till 7 on Wednesdays.

Later one should be good though.

14. smegtrek2000

smegtrek2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2000

im new to this board as i only discovered it recently

so hello to you all!!

i live in the southern suburbs of Adelaide and will be at the Marion midnight screening with a group of 10 others.

i wouldn't mind being the 'official' photographer for the night if it's still needed, i have a great little 4 megapixel camera.

15. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Welcome smegtrek, and by all means take photos, as long as you post them here for all to see! That would be great!

16. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    smegtrek......
    just read your signature.

ohhhkkkayyyyy ..........

17. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Hi smegtrek, nice to meet you. That would be excellent! :D

18. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    What are your photographic credentials ?

MS will only allow certain angles of him to be photographed

19. smegtrek2000

smegtrek2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2000
    i can make anyone look good in a photo [face_clown]

i was gonna get down to marion at about 10 but can come earlier if so requested

20. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    If you can make MS look good, theres a job awaiting you in the SPFX dept at Lucasfilm.

21. Paw-of-Arcticfox

Mar 10, 2005
    Official Post

most nearly the last!

Fox has the following information to be made public to all Humans....

....there are only 5 tickets left.....(thanks to you ALL for your purchases, and efforts in 'passing on the Word of Fox'....several of you shone in a BIG way - you know who you are......)

....those whom are grabbing tickets, and paying for them (where applicable) on the night - 8PM!......(while Fox will be walking about Marion, and enjoying a coffee at times, from around 2pm -3pm - the OFFICIAL time to see him prior to the movie is around 8pm in the GU foyer.......but feel free to ask nicely anyway - he's sure to be fine with it!)

..... our screening starts at 12.01am, thursday morning.......(while most will reconize that MIDNIGHT is, in fact, at night....some have been confused...silly Humans.....for ease - Fox has arranged for entrance into the cinema at around 11.45pm Wednesday night......expect to exit around 2.45am Thursday MORNING....)

..... I'm hungry, Fox! .......(stiff.......you should have eaten ealier......Fox and Winter are chowing down at 6pm, those interested are welcome to partake of a meal with us!.....we intend to have a light supper around 9pm........which happends to be not dissimilar to plans of others - join them TOO)

....My costume is heavy/hot/cold/burnt by Fox/ falling off to reveal my TRUE self/etc........(again...STIFF.... :D ...as Fox intends to follow the dedication of Brun-Farron, he will be walking around in the aformentioned Costume Prison, for a very early time.....Fox DARES you not to as well!......EXPECT small children, in their hordes, to be wanting your attention...and photograghs......please be patient with EVERYONE - we were kids once too!.....bring duct tape as a fix-up measure....TRUST ME Drink HEAPS of water, and go wee wee as much as you can..... :D ......to sign your name as Qui Gon Jinn, is one of my funniest moments - oh to be young again! (in Steve&Leenies case, they always will be)

....... this list of information is just another one of your self expression things, isnt it Fox...........(duh!)

expect to have soooo much fun, that your dry cleaner gives you an odd look - not because of the Costume, but for reasons more particular to the less spoken of expulsions of Human kind.....

one more for the road....

..... are you exited yet, Fox?......(those whom KNOW me, know better.......a Verpine of my ilk, sets himself a small depression in the snow, and waits for the most appropriate time to POUNCE.....

any questions?

22. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Foxy - I'll be at Spargos between 8:30-9....can I collect the extras then?

Thanks so much....only 5 left? Yikes....no need to post links anymore ;)

23. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    I have a question - What time will we be allowed to start lining up? I know we'll all be hanging around together and we will know, but I need to know what to tell the peoples I sold tickets to.

24. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    just one, are we there yet ??

No, all sounds good Fox cheers.

Oh & E-I ,HEY !! He with the sharpei skin !! You just keep hiding that melon under your cloak o.k ?

Yes....good question S-P. I for one would like to get an excellent seat.

25. Paw-of-Arcticfox

Mar 10, 2005
    Skip - can do, dude....

S-pand Jedi second from left - the Ear-of-Arcticfox says He was told around 2 - 2.5 hours prior to screening.....lines are being held back this time, due to chaos caused durring the last movies screening........

personaly, Fox likes Chaos - makes for more Fur Seal breakfasts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.