main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Ep.3 Adelaide events.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by evil-incarnate, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Now now evil be nice....... ;)

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    How ?
    Also, Chris from Mix rang me on Friday.
    They're keen to jump on board with the frivolities ESPECIALLY if it's got the charity tag. He's personally keen to jump in with whatever we do, but feels anything he says on air will be lampooned as "more Star Wars crap" by the other two, who apparently give him a hard time over his "nerdom".
    We can organise a fundraiser at a later stage, especially with "hopefully" a marathon screening.
    They are also offering a link to our FF site on their site. Do we want the exposure to swell the numbers?

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Our numbers are bound to swell during this year. I expect lots of 'fans' coming out of the woodwork.

I'm all for a fundraiser later in the Year. Actually if we do it in June sometime we can ride on the tails of the movie hype still.

Chris does cop alot from Kym and Alli, I actually listen. But he manages to slip a SW line, character, something in nearly every day. It's quite clever.

Any ideas on the Charity?

Starlight?
    Camp Quality?
    Make a Wish?

4. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    We we're thinking the usuals -
    Womens & Childrens Hospital
    Ronald Mc Donald House
    Canteen
    Variety - Entertaiment ??

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sounds good to me.

6. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    The Smith Family anybody?? Please, please, please go to

www.smithfamily.com.au

to see what we do!!

A very good cause! Australians helping disadvantaged Aussie kids with their education!

7. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    It seems like some stuff is going around in circles here (not that this is necessarily a bad thing) but several things need to be nutted out:

-can we get a cinema at midnight? Articfox?
    -how many? Is 100 the best/only option? Maybe someone should be a point of contact over the next week or two to collate numbers. I've already sent emails to a few friends and will try to confirm numbers this week.
    -do we want to support a charity for the premiere or another tiem (which seems more likely at the moment)? Who'll contact them when/if it's decided? (I've fired off an email to McGuinness/McDermott, so we'll see what comes of that)

I personally believe a meeting over beers rather than coffee would have had it all worked out on the spot :p

And as far as the pre EIII shindig goes, I will confirm the 'minimal' (potentially nothing) fee that my work will charge for the theaterette (projector, BOSE soundsystem etc) this week. It's been tentatively okayed by those that matter. Announcement soon, once I'm back there and free of this damn cold.

8. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm not supposed to be getting involved, but as I'm kinda well on the 'inside' as it were.....I know what's happening, and Fox is not on that often....

Okay. It looks like he's going with the 100 person cinema, that's the only size that Greater Union offer to hire. There will be no 'this person wants to come but isn't sure about it'....he needs defininte numbers and tickets are on a first come first served basis.

I will give him a call today to let him know that you lot are wanting to know what's happening - he's at hockey this morning and got something else on this afternoon. Don't forget - he's a busy fox!

I think it's a great idea to do something later for charity....I think that's what is being said here. Let's do our thing first, then do a charity thing sometime in June if it can be organised. The hype will still be going by then, and if anyone has an affiliation with a charity, by all means, approach them, ask them if they could swing it, and we'll be in it.

Apart from that - the wheels are in motion.

:D

also...take it from one who knows - the Arcticfox doesn't like to be nagged. :)

9. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Sweet, I was just a bit confused with the charity stuff being brought up again.

Anyhoo, I like the way it's coming into place. Tell Fox that if he needs any help toward getting this off the ground to get in touch.

10. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    he's actually had modem trouble for the last 3 or 4 days, which is why he hasn't been emailing or been on here.....yes, I should let him use my internet, but hey...we've got better things to do when we see each other! ;)

I've spoken to him this morning, and he's going to try to get online again.....depends on his modem though.....

11. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Ahh, modem trouble. I had that last week (although it was really the phone company's fault).

Within the next few weeks I'll be jumping from 56k to 1500k ADSL. And then when Internode puts the correct gear at the Unley phone exchange it will be jumping to 12000k ADSL2 :eek:

I think that will do nicely. It should give me at best a 140 to 200 times speed increase. At only $50 or $60 per month. Yes, it will be fine I think :)

12. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    lol.....gotta love phone companies.

Yeah, he's got bigpond broadband, but when you try to ring them to tell them that you're having problems, there's almost always an hour wait to get to someone who seems to think that maybe you've never had this problem before and that you have absolutely no idea what a computer is, let alone that you might be able to tell them that it's actually their end that has the problem!

Thank goodness I'm with Optus. They don't seem to give half the run around that telstra do.

:)

back to EpIII.....it would be great if we could do the pre-EpIII stuff - the getting together with a projector and watch the earlier movies - get into the mood and such. (not that we need it, but you know what I mean).

Which school are you at, Skipp?

13. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Pulteney.

Speaking of which I have to duck into work to pick up some marking, go meet some mates for a bit, clean my car and then do some work.

If I get it all done, I'll post up some 'plans' later tonight, mwahahaha ;)

14. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    Pulteney Grammar? I have a friend at Uni who's daughter goes there! She's in year 4 though...... :D

hmmmmmm......he has me intrigued - has the man pulled some strings? :)

15. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    This sounds awesome. Pity I'm unlikely to be able to go on the Wedensday.

1. School
    2. TAFE Course until 7:30
    3. Parents
    4. Getting to Marion

Are there any plans for one to happen on Friday or Saturday night? I'd sure as hell come to one of them.

16. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    This all sounds good. I'm starting costume work right now, when will the payment for the tickets have to be?

(By the way, I'm just under 5'3, does that make me the shortest? :()

17. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Aiel - Definitely NOT the shortest! There's two of us vying for that title!

18. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    hmmm i can see a few people in jedi robes gettting confused for Jawa's...... lmao ;)

19. menace_1976

menace_1976 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi
    I just signed up here. Is there any plans confirmed for Greater Union Marion for viewing of the Revenge of the Sith? I have a friend who wants to come with me and meet other Star Wars fans for the 12 a.m. session?

20. menace_1976

menace_1976 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi
    If you are planning to buy tickets for the 12 session count me down for 2. The gold cinema would be cool.

21. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Be careful DD or you'll find yourself cut off at the knees by mini Jedi *LOL*

menace - First of all welcome. Secondly, patience ... all will be revealed soon by organisers but yes we are planning to book out a 100 seat cinema for ROTS and sell tickets to interested parties. The more you have the merrier. Tickets around $15. Wait for more info to be posted then we can all start organising friends. Most people here are going in costume ... a handy group to be a part of.

22. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Hey Menace welcome to the boards :)

23. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    With all the midgets around here, we should rename it the Ewok & Jawa boards.

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh Shush up, I may be short, but I still have all my hair!! :p :p [face_devil]

Welcome Menace and as Toddi said, all will be revealed!!!

25. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    I'm no midget.

I'm 6ft 2inch

Go Me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.