main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Ep.3 Spoiler Talk

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    We all knew the Droids would be in all the films, but I never thought Chewy would be used in one of them. Supposedly Chewbacca will appear in EP.3. I wonder what kind of role it will be. A little cameo spot of something more. If its a more important than a cameo type role I wonder what he could be doing? Maybe we will see Kashyyyk in this film. What do you all think about this? What are your thoughts?

2. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    I read that this morning too on starwars.com and I think it's awesome!
    :D

I'd wondered if they'd do something with Chewie because his age does fit in but I wasn't sure...it'll be interesting to see how everything falls into place.

3. DARKSIDER03

DARKSIDER03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, one thing I will say is that there
    have been other "rumors" for quite awhile as well. George Lucas himself said in a couple interviews a year ago- that there will be a very good possibility of not just one more,
    but 2 or more classic characters that may appear in episode-3 in a way that will set-up
    the films ending to blend nicely with the classic trilogy!

Even if it's just Chewbacca, I think that will be just great!!

But here are 2 of the rumors:
    George mentioned that it would not be absolutely needed but he could choose to
    use a "younger Gov. TARKIN" in the film.
    Personally, I think this would look great.
    Especially, after that ep-2 "Death Star"
    sneak-peek thanks to Dooku & Poggle the lesser(Geonosian leader)! The possible young
    Tarkin would be a great way to show "plotting" with Palpatine and maybe Anakin.

The 2nd rumor: believe it or not!!
    young Han Solo ??!!!

Well, it is possible, especially when you
    remember that Han is atleast 5-8 years older that Luke and leia in Ep-4(original) and if we are going to see Luke & leia at newborn age in Ep-3; we could certainly see a child actor play Han in Ep-3 at an age such as: 5-8 years old!! Atleast a possible cameo appearence or hint. Especially if he's seen with a certain "Wookie" taking care of him.

In stories (novels previous to ep-4), It is said that Han was orphaned at a very young age. There are different stories though. The most popular is that Han once saved Chewys life and that is what paired them up forever as friends. Chewbacca considered solo's good deed to him as a "life debt". A subject that was never really addressed in the classic trilogy. But lucas did feature it in Ep-1 between Qui-Gon & Jar Jar. Since the "real movie" stories by George himself- differ atleast slightly from the Novels/Comics; Lucas could change or arrange this story anyway he wants in the films.

Plus think about it, he likes to feature the "kid characters". Example: we start out with 9 year old Anakin in Ep-1. Plus there is the cut-out scene of young Greedo too.
    Then we see classic character Boba Fett at 12 years old in Ep-2! So, there is certainly room for a young Han if he chooses to surprize us. Again, it is NOT needed. But is a cool possibility. It would just tie the 2 trilogies together all the more. The question is how much tieing is needed? Too much could be silly. But then again, you know all the fans would love it !!!

-Darksider

PS. Any thoughts, Anyone????

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well, I love all the tie in stuff and Foreshadowing. One of the Complaints that I remember reading several times from reviewers and stuff about 1 and 2 was that there was to much filling in the blanks and foreshadowing. To me, that's what the Prequels are pretty much for. They are to show us why everything was the way it was in Ep.4, 5 and 6. To show us how. I love seeing how the republic fell, or was dismantled behind the scenes by Palpatine. Its very interesting seeing how everything was planned and how Palpatine were manipulated. Anyway I can see how to much of the tie ins and cameos can make it a little corny, but I think George will know when to draw the line. He knows that if it makes sense then it will not hurt anything, but if they make a big deal out of something and its out of place then it will hurt the flow of the film.

5. palpiscloneofdarth

palpiscloneofdarth Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2003
    I hope Boba kills Mace. If he doesnt I will be kind of pissed, becouse Mace punked Jango Fett.

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    He really didnt even punk him if you think about it. He chopped off his head like it was his daughters first boyfriend who got caught kissing the Jedis baby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.