main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ep.7 = Reboot?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by JoeyArnold, Nov 17, 2012.

1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I think that was meant as sarcasm...

tsunami1138 likes this.
  2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    really?

3. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Really really.

4. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Guys/ girls a reboot of the series by making the first 6 films is an unpopular idea but it's an original one . But I would dislike that as much as I liked them rebooting the new Star Trek film. That's my honest opinion. Joey you have some good ideas but maybe you should refrain from making so many new topics. Your one thread was a hit , I'd wait a bit until you post so many new topic for discussion.

His idea isn't foolish but I'd say it's very unpopular amongst purest fans and well it's kind of too outside the box for me too. I couldn't just have the first 6 films from an alternate universe. It's too outside the box for me .

5. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Some people don't want the six films remade just like some people don't like the young Anakin force ghost replacing the older Anakin force ghost at the end of the Return of the Jedi, right?

6. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    that's not the same.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  7. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012

do you like change?

8. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    For me remaking the entire OT just to satisfy a few people, is not the same as editing in a person to replace someone else.

in other words, remaking the film is a major decision, but the Anakin change is relatively minor.

9. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Hey, while we're at it... let's do a reboot of Mount Rushmore, let's reboot the Mona Lisa... let's reboot the Pyrimads of Giza...

10. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    in other words, change is not always good.

11. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    are there any reboots you do like? like the remakes of batman, superman, spiderman, star trek, etc?

12. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    JoeyArnold Im going to follow you like a stalker! Your threads are entertaining if a little psychotic! Its really what this place needs on occasion.[face_beatup] I cant even keep up with you man!:p

13. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Nolan's batman was amazing!
    The superman reboot... we're about to see it. Singer's Superman Returns was considered a sequel and it sucked.
    The Spiderman reboot was good... was never a Tobey Maguire fan to begin with.
    JJ Abram's Star Trek was amazing!

All of that is moot though... as Star Wars stands as a revoultionary work of art. The OT has proven itself timeless already... sure the original artist felt it was incomplete and dabbled with it a bit more... but it is something that is to be left alone.

The closest thing you will get to a reboot with Star Wars is Lucas Film jumping to a completely different era within the universe - either hundreds/thousands of years into the future or past etc. The OT will never be "rebooted".

14. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I liked the rebooted Star Trek movie, it doesn't diminish anything about TOS, TOS films, nor TNG or DS9, and breathes fresh air into a dying franchise. It leaves me with a better taste in my mouth than I had after VOY and Enterprise. Rick Berman may have enjoyed success in running the franchise, but it was short-lived and at what cost?

As for a rebooted SW, nothing before the 50th anniversary should happen in that regard, however one day in the distant future, perhaps.

15. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    The Christopher Nolan Batman's were really good. Star Trek remake was really good. Spiderman remake after those atrocious Tobey Maguire ones *shudder* was actually more entertaining and superman has a lot to live up too, so will need to wait until next year to see if it is any good.

That said, they are not Star Wars.

you want to ruin the concept of Star Wars with a remake, ruin my damn childhood..

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Star Trek is a de facto reboot in a sense but is not truly a reboot. It is set in an alternate universe branching off from the Prime and features several characters who are refugees from the original timeline.

17. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I love how his threads still manage to draw people in to a 10 page conversation about absolutely nothing. I would use the ignore function, but I'm finding it to be perversely fascinating.

The_Hellhammer and Darth_Kiryan like this.
  18. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    i know. Fantastic isn't it!

lord_eidolon likes this.
  19. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Trolly McTroll
    I want no part in this conspiracy.

20. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A reboot could still be an original story.

22. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    If it was a reboot it would not be called episode 7. Its more of a relaunch

23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Here's another no.

24. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    so in other words it will be Episode VII: Return of A New Hope

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I hope its a reboot with totally new characters, its such a big universe & the Paltine story is over. Hopefully they will do the right think & give new actors the chance to shine & make a movie for the kids & not for adults. Star Wars is for the kids.