tsunami1138 likes this.
  2. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    really?
  3. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
  4. Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master

star 2
    Guys/ girls a reboot of the series by making the first 6 films is an unpopular idea but it's an original one . But I would dislike that as much as I liked them rebooting the new Star Trek film. That's my honest opinion. Joey you have some good ideas but maybe you should refrain from making so many new topics. Your one thread was a hit , I'd wait a bit until you post so many new topic for discussion.

His idea isn't foolish but I'd say it's very unpopular amongst purest fans and well it's kind of too outside the box for me too. I couldn't just have the first 6 films from an alternate universe. It's too outside the box for me .
  5. JoeyArnold Jedi Knight

star 3
    Some people don't want the six films remade just like some people don't like the young Anakin force ghost replacing the older Anakin force ghost at the end of the Return of the Jedi, right?
    Last edited by JoeyArnold, Nov 17, 2012
  6. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    that's not the same.
    EviL_eLF likes this.
  7. JoeyArnold Jedi Knight

star 3

do you like change?
  8. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    For me remaking the entire OT just to satisfy a few people, is not the same as editing in a person to replace someone else.

in other words, remaking the film is a major decision, but the Anakin change is relatively minor.
  9. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, while we're at it... let's do a reboot of Mount Rushmore, let's reboot the Mona Lisa... let's reboot the Pyrimads of Giza...
  10. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    in other words, change is not always good.
  11. JoeyArnold Jedi Knight

star 3
    are there any reboots you do like? like the remakes of batman, superman, spiderman, star trek, etc?
  12. aguywithabiggun Force Ghost

star 4
    JoeyArnold Im going to follow you like a stalker! Your threads are entertaining if a little psychotic! Its really what this place needs on occasion.[face_beatup] I cant even keep up with you man!:p
  13. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    Nolan's batman was amazing!
    The superman reboot... we're about to see it. Singer's Superman Returns was considered a sequel and it sucked.
    The Spiderman reboot was good... was never a Tobey Maguire fan to begin with.
    JJ Abram's Star Trek was amazing!

All of that is moot though... as Star Wars stands as a revoultionary work of art. The OT has proven itself timeless already... sure the original artist felt it was incomplete and dabbled with it a bit more... but it is something that is to be left alone.

The closest thing you will get to a reboot with Star Wars is Lucas Film jumping to a completely different era within the universe - either hundreds/thousands of years into the future or past etc. The OT will never be "rebooted".
  14. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I liked the rebooted Star Trek movie, it doesn't diminish anything about TOS, TOS films, nor TNG or DS9, and breathes fresh air into a dying franchise. It leaves me with a better taste in my mouth than I had after VOY and Enterprise. Rick Berman may have enjoyed success in running the franchise, but it was short-lived and at what cost?

As for a rebooted SW, nothing before the 50th anniversary should happen in that regard, however one day in the distant future, perhaps.
  15. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    The Christopher Nolan Batman's were really good. Star Trek remake was really good. Spiderman remake after those atrocious Tobey Maguire ones *shudder* was actually more entertaining and superman has a lot to live up too, so will need to wait until next year to see if it is any good.

That said, they are not Star Wars.

you want to ruin the concept of Star Wars with a remake, ruin my damn childhood..
    Last edited by Darth_Kiryan, Nov 17, 2012
  16. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Star Trek is a de facto reboot in a sense but is not truly a reboot. It is set in an alternate universe branching off from the Prime and features several characters who are refugees from the original timeline.
  17. lord_eidolon Force Ghost

star 3
    I love how his threads still manage to draw people in to a 10 page conversation about absolutely nothing. I would use the ignore function, but I'm finding it to be perversely fascinating.
    The_Hellhammer and Darth_Kiryan like this.
  18. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    i know. Fantastic isn't it!
    lord_eidolon likes this.
  19. the_sinister_hologram Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Trolly McTroll
    I want no part in this conspiracy.
  20. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  21. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    A reboot could still be an original story.
  22. Skaddix Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    If it was a reboot it would not be called episode 7. Its more of a relaunch
  23. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
  24. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    so in other words it will be Episode VII: Return of A New Hope
  25. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope its a reboot with totally new characters, its such a big universe & the Paltine story is over. Hopefully they will do the right think & give new actors the chance to shine & make a movie for the kids & not for adults. Star Wars is for the kids.