main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ep. I end celebration music theme... Significant or just a inside nod to the originals?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by dartharseneau, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dartharseneau

dartharseneau Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I'm just wondering if the End Celebration Music in Episode I has some greater meaning than just a play on the original version?
    *for those who don't know, The end Music is a faster more happy version of the emperors theme*

2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I find the end of TPM to be ironic. The heroes are cheering, and they have no idea how bad they've been cheated...

3. Jedicro

Jedicro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    ok, i always thought the emperors theme was very similar to the imperial march. just with a few different chords and riffs. and if that is so, i cant hear that in the TPM celebration music. and i know that song by heart. please tell waht part of ESB or ROTJ that i could the part of the emperors theme taht sounds like that. ive heard this before, but i dont hear it.

4. dartharseneau

dartharseneau Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    The emperors theme is the chanting voices heard best at the end of Return of the Jedi.

5. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    It's very appropriate. Of course Palpatine is the one secretly celebrating the most, he just took over the galaxy and nobody recognizes the truth. Just as most of the audience doesn't recognize the theme right away. It's as though the true menace appears only as a phantom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.