main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ep.II DVD party & Lubbock fan Force meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by IB420, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    Hey all-

Don't ask how, but I managed to get a copy of EpII on DVD more than 10 days before it's official release date. Is anyone interested in having a viewing party/Lubbock FanForce event?
    I may even be able to hook us up with a video projector and a cool venue if I get enough interest!

Hopefully there are still some folks who want to be involved in Lubbock fan Force- if we don't get some more activity, The Jedi Council will axe our board to clear up space and bandwidth! As much fun as I had in Dallas last weekend, I really don't want to have to drive up there for Star Wars events. I'd like to welcome anyone in the area who wishes to join- we'll discuss making it the Panhandle Plains fan Force or something similar if that will help- it's not all about Lubbock.

If you live in Lubbock or the panhandle area and are interested in Star Wars, please be sure to post here every once in a while!

Jedi Master Ed, Dolf, Joanzia, and others I've seen posting here, if you are reading this PLEASE post here or PM me with your thoughts on Lubbock FF. We've got support from our Nabooty Call, our RSA, we just need to be more active around here!

2. Glitterstim

Glitterstim Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Hi all!!

I've finally gotten around to posting here -- while my boss isn't looking! ;o)

IB420 -- what should I call you here?

I see mention of Dolf -- hiya Dolf! How's that padawan? (I'm the one from the writer's group, with Howard. Thanks for bringing Hardware Wars over that time!)

I'm spreading the word to a couple of people I know, so maybe we can get some good action going here.

Take care!
    [face_clown] "Glitter" a/k/a Kris

3. Glitterstim

Nov 5, 2002
    OOPS....I forgot to say -- YES! I'd be intersted in a viewing party!

Thanks!

4. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    So everyone knows...

I've changed my user name here to the one you see to the left. I don't like the old name, long story, and this new name is my proper 501st Legion ID number anyway.

I hope to see more of us here and am glad Kr.., I mean, er, Glitterstim is aboard! ;)

5. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Wow, it's so quiet around here. Good luck building your FF!!! :)

(sorry, I would come, but seeing as I'm in Arizona, that would be kind of a problem getting to meetings. ;) )

6. TX_Knight

TX_Knight Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Count me in! I'll try to make it, best I can.

7. Glitterstim

Nov 5, 2002
    Any news on when we can do this?

Thanks!
    Kris

8. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Well, this weekend is out for me, but I was hoping some of us could get together either the weekend before or after Thanksgiving.

Planning a couple weeks out will give us time to notify our Mid-South admins so we'll be back on as an active group.

We may also want to just go ahead and make the first meeting in December so anyone who wants to go will have plenty of notice.

Please submit your preferred dates and venues for a meeting/DVD viewing here and we'll work on getting this going. Or, you can email me directly at:

bullseyetie@yahoo.com

Thanks for your input and I'm looking forward to meeting with everyone!

9. Glitterstim

Nov 5, 2002
    For December, my schedule is open right now. Friday nights are best for me, though.

Thanks!
    Kris

10. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    How does Friday December the 13th sound for everyone?

We don't have to only watch the DVD; we could maybe have a pod-race, collector's swap meet, and/or prop-building and costume making discussion.

I'm working on nailing down a place, but this date looks pretty clear for most. Get the owrd out, and please feel free to bring as many Star Wars-loving friends as you can!

11. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    I had another thought for a meeting, and that is getting some of us together for the opening of Two Towers on Dec 19th.

Any feedback or ideas for the meeting will be appreciated! PM me or post here with ideas and suggestions...

12. Glitterstim

Nov 5, 2002
    Sounds good, on Dec. 19th. I'll have to double-check, but right now it looks good.

Having said that I'm okay for Fridays, it figures that I'd have a problem with Dec. 13th -- my employer is having the company Christmas party that night. So, I could only make it late on that night. I think. And I'd be horribly over-dressed ;o)

SO, just keep posting those plans and I'll see what I can do!!

Thanks!!!

13. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    OK We look good for Two Towers on the 19th. I'll check showtimes as I buy tickets online and post 'em here.

I'm thinking the 7 or 8ish show is best; this way, we can go out for drinks and discussion after the show and not be up too late!

I'll cancel the thing for Friday the 13th due to lack of participants (guess it's a 13 thing), but am planning more ahead for January.

14. Glitterstim

Nov 5, 2002
    What time are you looking at? I'm hoping to go Friday night with my son - if he's totally over the flu by then.

15. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Glitter, my little sis called today and told me that she already bought tix for all of us to go Thursday night; I thought we had agreed on Friday, but I guess that's what I get for sending her to get them.
    It should be fun; I think it's the only movie my mom, dad, sis, future bro-in-law, and wife can all enjoy.

As for Lubbock FF meetings, let's declare tomorrow's lunch to be such!

Anyone interested in joining up with us for lunch, or if you would like to meet to discuss the next Lubbock FF meeting, please email me at <bullseyetie@yahoo.com> or post here. We'd love to have you join us!

16. Glitterstim

Nov 5, 2002
    Turned out that my son wasn't totally well anyhow! I still haven't seen that movie!

I watched the AotC DVD with my Mom the other night and she was TOTALLY blown away by it! She loved it -- of course :)

Lunch was great fun -- remember, I owe you a Christmas present! Thanks :)

So, when can we organize a meeting, do you think?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.