main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Ep. II DVD revelation

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by RedneckJedi, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    I don't know if it was ever confirmed or not, but my thought about who Yoda heard during his meditation after Anakin slaughters the Tusken camp turns out to be true.

I turned on the subtitles during this scene, and sure enough, the following appeared:

[Qui-Gon Jinn's voice]
    Anakin! Anakin! Nooooooo!

Why do you suppose this happens?

I would say it's the Spirit of Qui-Gon expressing his anguish over Anakin's brief "turn" to the Dark side.

However, there's all that business about Qui-Gon not "becoming one with the Force" when his body doesn't fade away when he dies.

So, what do you think?

2. Starfig873

Starfig873 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    On the commentary Georgie says it's Yoda connecting with the departed, so it is that. I don't know if that necessarily means he's with the force, if uh..he's not..with the force..

That's confusing.

Also, it might just be me, but does Anakin's last slash through the Tusken Raider before the wipe last longer? I never remembered seeing that much of the Tusken get slashed in half before the wipe.

3. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    I do have one problem with one thing in the movie. Maybe someone can come up with a good explanation.

Why does the Galactic Republic have gunships and troop carriers (the SD-like ships seen on Geonosis and at the end). Quote:
    There hasn't been a full-scale war since the creation of the Republic.
    and Quote:
    I will create a grand army of the Republic

?????

One can prolly justify the gunships under the guise of protection. But the troop transports? What's the need? There isn't an army--that would preclude the need for Jar Jar (dammit, missed that one by thatmuch!).

The arguement that it's all part of Palpatine's grand plan is all well and good, but wouldn't the council be just a tad suspicious of all these ships all the sudden? 'Course they swallowed the whole clone army thing. Someone needs to tell Yoda that things are happening on a time scale that is more than just convienent or coincedental.

The other arguement is that the Kaminos made/had the ships---that doesn't work though---they are Republic gunships. So if the Kaminos did make them, did they have ready-made logos to stick on them ?

It's basically a continuitiy problem. The gunships I could maybe understand, but the troop transports?

I'm verklempt--discuss amonst yourselves...

4. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    The Kaminoans made them, and put the logos on them. They knew all along, for 10 years, that this army was for the Republic, as Lama Su said. Therefore they pasted the Republic logo on everything, simple as that.
    And yeah, I noticed that Qui-Gon thing too with the subtitles. I guess that'll finally make some doubters shut up about it, now if only there was a way to make the "Palpatine is a clone of Sidious" people shut up. ;)

5. Silent_Jedi

Sep 2, 2001
    So the Kaminos are ship builders AND cloners?

I didn't see any ship building facilities on Kamino, but then again, we only saw a couple of clusters of "buildings".

We observed platforms big enough to hold Slave 1 and a Jedi Starfighter, but nothing large enough to house troop transports. But then again, unless the clones are damn good swimmers, they gotta get out of the cloning facility somehow and off of Kamino.

I still say it's a continuity problem.

I guess we can always go with the convenient answer of when Sifo-Dyas placed the order for the clones, it's possible he placed an order for the ships. Though I don't believe it was through the Kaminos, but rather some other race on some other planet, TBD!

6. mgoforth

mgoforth Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2002
    From StarWars.com:

While the Kaminoans labored to perfect an indomitable clone army, the neighboring shipyards of Rothana were subcontracted to develop the hardware, armor and transports for the new infantry. The bold lines and stark silhouettes of the resulting craft were departures from the polished craftsmanship of personalized styles that marked the final Republic era.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/republicassaultship/index.html

7. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Just as a follow-up, I think it only makes sense that if they're going to create an army as large as requested, then there would have to be transport ships for them. Otherwise, they'd be stuck on Kamino.

What I think a major problem is where did the funds come from to create the army and the hardware? Did the Kaminoans just take it on faith that the Republic would pay for them on delivery? Dexter Jettster mentioned that being gracious and having money was all the Kaminoans understood. You'd think they'd want their payment up front. If so, where did they "fix the books" to hide that little purchase?

8. Starfig873

Jun 17, 2002
    I'd assume that Mr. Sifo Diyas or (if it wasn't him) the one posing as him funded everything.

9. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I wouldn't think that they take Republic Credits though.

10. Starfig873

Jun 17, 2002
    Well maaaaaaaaaaybe he just exchanged the credits for something they WOULD take. :p

Such as, cheese. Everyone likes cheese.

11. Silent_Jedi

Sep 2, 2001
    I don't know Starfig, the Kaminos don't look like they are big on dairy products! :p

As far as funds go, I'm almost convinced that one could slip anything by the Jedi. Lets' count it up---that's 1 clone army, 1 Sith lord controlling the Senate, 1 Death Star (plans), and hardware to outfit said army, not to mention orchastrating a galactic war.

Hell, Sifo-Dyas could have used the "hey look over there" trick to slip funds by!!

"The darkside clouds everything" Yoda *sigh* (If only they'd listen to you)

12. Starfig873

Jun 17, 2002
    I swear I heard this, but, right after you hear Qui-Gon's little "Anakin! Anakin! Nooo!" you can hear a slowed down bit of Vader's breathing! It's like a long "Kooooooo.......Haaaaaaaah"

Unless it's my overactive imagination or something, I thinks it's there! :)
    I wonder how I missed it in the theater...heh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.