main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ep II Stories

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by allenj456, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    This is for any of you who have interesing comments/stories about your first viewing...Did you dress up? Who did you go with ect...

2. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Well, all-in-all it was a great experience.

1. Skipping an AP Test was rather liberating
    2. "Studying" in line (started at 3:30)
    3. Phone tag with a friend trying to get to the theater
    4. Making fun of Larry H. Miller
    5. Getting a great seat
    6. Making fun of the guys making fools of themselves
    7. My friend inciting a game of Red Rover by screaming "Red Rover (expletive)" (If anyone was at JC Auditorium 14, that was all my friend's fault, we had fun...)
    8. Naturally, the movie
    9. A drunk guy in line for the 3 AM movie
    10. Waking up tired as I'll get out and taking an AP Test

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    going down to Orem dressed up as Bespin Leia got me many strange looks from passers by. Winning a Trivia prize, winning a costume prize and making fun of a guy who looke like Clark Kent. Okay I wasn't really making fun of him but he never told me his name so I called him Clark, nothing wrong with that now is there? Cheering with the everyone in the theater and getting home around 4 and sleeping till about noon. It was a great day. :D

4. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Getting there an hour before show time, walking straight into the theater and getting a great seat. That movie was freaking spectaular. I loved every stinkin' minute of it.

5. Darth Blob

Darth Blob Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 1999
    TremontiFan23, I was also at Jordan Commons, theater 14. We were on the first row of the upper section, right in the middle. Sweet posistion. We were there for the whole thing...

The line outside,
    the line inside,
    loony toons on the screen,
    the beachballs (darn cranky old man),
    lightsaber battles,
    the handstand contest,
    more lightsaber battles,
    red rover,
    the theater staff coming in with light-sticks,
    applauding the trailers,
    people going nuts for the Matrix trailer,

*THE MOVIE*

the parking mess getting out

it was a blast...

6. Count_Saruman

Count_Saruman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    Went to 12:01 AM showing at Gateway. It was a blast. Highlights:

1. Laughing our selves silly at Darth Tapeworm: The Toothless Wonder. (AKA the KISN 97 tent resident Jedi)

2. Having a "Pie" Pizza while in line.

3. Having the owner of 'LovSac' hook my group up with their biggest LovSac "bean bag" for the line AND for the showing. THEN getting a coupon from Nate (owner) for 1/2 off of my own LovSac.

4. Being interviewed by KSL before and after the movie. Then having friends say "hey I saw your ugly mug on TV talking about SW..."

5. While in the theatre the Gateway managers held a trivia contest for all of us. The audience was to make up questions. I stumped 2 people with some RANDOM questions:
    1. Who played the chief Jawa in ANH? (from SW trivial pursuit)
    2. Name Lando's cyborg helper. (EASY IMO)

7. Cheering during the Matrix Trailer, the Minority Report trailer, the 20th century fox logo, the lucasfilm logo, the 'a galaxy far far....' tag, the Star Wars insignia, the....

6. Of course: Watching the best Star Wars movie since ESB. Or as I like to call it "Star Wars: Return of the Franchise".

7. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Most of the morning i was waiting I was busy practicing my chip shot with my sand wedge in the grass beside the theatre :)

8. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Darth Blob, I was in the very same theater, were you one of those annoying teenagers playing red rover, or one of the nerds that got mad at them? I was in the upper middle-left near a isle.

Edit: It seems theater 14 was quite the place to be, I was glad I was there. It was rather funny. I was sitting near the people that got pissed at the beach balls because some guy tried to hit it and spilled his drink. Also, the people dressed up going and trying to get the red rover people was quite funny. I was the one that yelled: Get the Droids! because they were overwhelmed and the teenagers got them. I thought it was a pretty clever reference to AOTC, but as nobody had seen the movie they wouldn't have known.

9. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    That was my theater, my friend initiated that by screaming at them... that was fun.

10. Pichilingi

Pichilingi Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I saw it at Hollywood connection. Kinda disappointing because the theatre didn't do anything special except line us up like cattle. Was rather stuffy too until they opened the doors.

My personal highlight though was kicking off the applause for Yoda when he steps in to save the day at the end. Started clapping as soon as they showed him in shadow and got the whole theater applauding and cheering.

11. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I was at the Scera and the moment you could hear Yoda, everyone started to cheer and applaude. It was great, the second time I went no one even laughed at the jokes. I guess they are only funny after only 2 hours of sleep and waiting 3 years for the movie. I could be wrong of course.

12. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Was all psyched about the movie, got my figures from toy maniacs that day. Waited in-line for an hour at the Hollywood Connections. Played with Lightsabers getting ready to go in. Also ate PEZ from My r2d2, clone trooper, and jango fett dispencers.

Loved the movie, however I felt a little sleepy during the begining. Was excited to see yoda kick some... Have New respect for Darth Tyranus.Was semi-dissapointed in Jango Fett. Was very impressed with the Clone Troopers, and Jedi. Was dissapointed no other padawans (like Bariss Offee), Thank the Maker for very Little Jar Jar, and More c-3po and R2D2.

Phew.

Over All: VEY EXCELLENT!

TOAD

13. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    <<< PUSH TO THE TOP >>>

I went and saw it again today, I by not paying attention to direct scene but the forground I noticed al0ot of jedi from the Jedi Council, and Bariss Ofee my Fav Padawan

TOAD

14. YodasLightSaber23

YodasLightSaber23 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I went with my good friend Derick, or SithSlayer99. He is the man. We got in line at about say 4 o'clock, and my other friend david was there. We ordered pizza and after that was gone I got really bored so I wrote "Will strip for SW Tickets" on the lid and went marching around. Found it hard to believe, but noone would take my offer, good thing I already had tickets or I would have been in trouble. Saw a lot of guys dressed up as characters such as hmmm..Jedi, and a storm trooper. Oh yeah, and one of the guys in line was 59,he won the oldest person there award.

15. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    My experience was great. I got a week and a half off work to camp out for tickets, just to find out that they went on sale the same day I started my vacation. I ordered my tickets online for the 12:01am screening at jordan landing. I got in line at about 6:40pm and read about 2/3 of the first book of the new jedi order-VECTOR PRIME. The manager of cinemark 24 held a trivia contest. While we were in line. (I won a free pass for answering the question "What title from GL's first movie appears in all of his other films?" (duh, THX 1138) I scalped about 8 of the ten tickets I had bought (made $30). I was joined by my friend at about 11:00. Thorougly enjoyed the movie. Great film. (I aggree to "The Return of the Franchise")
    Had a lightsaber fight with the guy sitting next to me. Got to sleep about 3:00am, woke up at 11:00am and went again at 12:55pm. I again saw it saturday morn. I laughed at all the jokes all three times Marold.

(maybe I am just wierd that way. Of course I loved the joke when C-3PO says, as R2-D2 is pulling his head up next to him, "I'm quite beside myself!" -lol)

I did this whole trip by the seat of my pants. I spent two days with one uncle, two days with another, 3 days with my grandparents, and by Sunday I didn't have a ride home. Luckly, yet another uncle was headed home from provo. I made it home just in time for dinner. I hated to go to work after a whole week and a half off. But I have to pay for this thing somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.