main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Ep II..Where, and When?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SeaTrooper, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    AOTC is going to be playing here at the beach. Since they are like the only theater in town not advance selling there mah be plenty of seating there on opening night. Sadly there will be no 12:01 showing.
    What is everyones plans?
    Buzz

2. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Hi,

I just wanted to let you know of the opening weekend activities at my theatre. First, do you costume? If you do, I am extending an invitation to come see the movie the afternoon or early evening of Wed. the 15th before any 12:01 shows, before any crowds or lines or pushing. That's if your into the costuming and can come out for at least one of the four opening weekend days to help us work the crowd, give away prizes, etc. Now, if you don't, do you know others that do? Maybe we can work something out.

I know what you're saying to yourself... "Port Orange Six?"

Well, bigger doesn't always mean better, and as far as Regal and AMC are concerned, Regal 12 has Stadium seating, yes, but they don't have an 8 track digital decoder for their auditoriums. When we had TPM playing during the pod racing sequence the walls were shaking behind the concession stand. And as far as AMC 8, I'll just leave it at that...

Not only are we going to have the movie with a great sound system, I have been working night and day on outfitting all the employees with costumes. I should have on hand a Anakin, Padme (Battle Arena), Mace, Obi-Wan, Beru, and Barriss Offee to name a few. Everyone else is either dressing as Jedi, Sith, or some other type of Star Wars character. I am setting up an interactive junkyard complete with a life-size Watto with pit droid hat! His junkyard should have about 3-4 different sized TV?s in different states of disarray playing the Trailers, Commercials, TPM, and the Original Trilogy. I have had such a positive response of folks coming forward who are willing to donate various decorations such as the OT and the Special Edition framed posters for the lobby. Toys-R-Us has donated several lightsabers, figures and a Slave I that we will be giving away to customers in the auditoriums before the 7:00 shows on Thursday, Friday & Saturday night. And I will be giving away either the Teaser or Original One-Sheet to some luck bastard.

As a company EFC (Eastern Federal Corporation) really encourages promotions, so in the past 3 years of working for them I have done several that have been really successful. The Mummy Returns, Pearl Harbor, Harry Potter, and LOTR's to name a few. Each time I had tie-ins with Barnes & Noble, fast food chain restaurants and various businesses around the area. For Pearl Harbor I was able to bring up about 35 members of the Space Shuttle Chapter of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association for the opening weekend. I was able to generate local print and television news, as I hope with this Star Wars Opening Weekend Push

As a side note, we?re in talks with getting two prints of the film. Twice the Jango for your Bang-o

If you want to reach me by email... horsedreamerfilms@hotmail.com is the way to go, or you can reach me at the theatre @ (386) 788-6941

So let me know if you and your friends, and family are willing to come to a grand celebration of Star Wars, and I promise there will be no Ewoks banging on Stormtrooper helmets at this party. Well, unless it gets totally out of hand.

MTFBWY

3. Live Fast...Dianoga

Live Fast...Dianoga Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2000
    just got my ticket to the 12:01 at regency. god, i love jacksonville being a strong 'walk-up' town and never buying tix in advance. :D

4. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Thanlk you for your invitation.
    I'll let you know. If I can find a place to crash while I am there then I might.
    I'm not driving back to Jacksonville at 3 in the morning.
    Buzz

5. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey Buzz,

Thanks for being the only person in the entire Florida Fan Force to respond to my shout out.

That's not sarcasum either, I really mean it.

I'd love to have ya, cause i guess no one else likes a good time. Go figure?

Jason

6. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Well Jason... It's a busy time of year, with Star Wars Celebration, the Spiderman Premeir, schools starting up again, and of course EpII. Not to mention people are scattered. For the most part Orland Fanforce has had quite a lot of Ep II plans in the work for a while. They put a lot of work into it. They went and solicited the theaters instead of visa-versa.
    Now my suggestion is get a Chapter going in Daytona. First thing is get a forum going and to do that we need you and everyone else there to start posting on the thread in the Southern Region forums. Then A FF Administrtor will start a Daytona page.
    Would you be willing to let folks meet at your theater for monthly meetings?
    Have a little patience. I dream of starting a group up here in Jacksonville, and after I see Ep II a hundred times or so I am going to set up a meeting place and post big invitations.
    Hang in there.
    Buzz
    Buzz

7. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks for the encouragement. It the shot in the arm I need right now.

I know that some people won't be out at PL, or Universal all 4 days, so I was trying to grab them for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

I can still dream.

As far as the Daytona fourm, I really want to see it come about. I believe it will. And yes, I would be willing to have meeting at the theatre. Heck, I'll host one for Orlando if they want it.

Over and Out

8. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Roger that! Okay Datonians... we have a meeting place. After the dust settles from the premire let's put something together.

9. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I can't believe not on person has hit my thread on the Orlando fourm, not even one person to tell me I'm an idiot.

???

<crazed look crawls across the face>

Not one.

10. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Sir,
    Those people in Orlando happen to be freinds of mine. It is unfair to assume the reasons why they did not respond to your post but that is their choice.
    If you look at the other posts they have placed on the board they have a few irons in the fire already and were initiated prior to your offer. DO NOT make any kind of deriding comments or intimidations about them not wanting to play with you. That is not a good way to conduct business if you wish to have any dealings with them or those connected with them in the future.
    As for my part, I will not be making the jaunt to your theater for the opening night event. I am required to stay here in Jacksonville that night.
    Good luck to you and your future endevours.
    Buzz

11. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I got midnight tickets on opening day, and then I saw it right away after school. It was tight. Though, I did not dress up.

I am going to dress up when I go to Dragon Con.

12. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I caught it at the Pablo 9 at Jax Beach. I absolutly loved it!!!! I too did not go in costume because....well I weened.... None the less It was an utterly increadeble film.
    I loved it!!!!!!
    Buzz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.