main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Ep III DVD party / November meeting?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthIshyZ, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I note on Star Wars Shop that the Ep III DVD will ship on 11/1. Will anyone be buying this yet? Should we have a meeting / viewing of it?

2. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I beleive we've discussed having a 2-day 6-movie (plus possibly the clone wars) screening. November 18-19. I was going to do one of those days. And we were actually going to show all the movies in order.

3. OpieOneKenobi

OpieOneKenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah, yeah, I know. Where have I been? Long story short....Army. Anyway, I'm totally game for the 18th and 19th! So, here's the big question. What version of the origional triology are we going to watch? OK, now fight amongst yourselves!

Erik

p.s. Twilight's bringing the vadar cake again!! Thanks's for volunteering!

4. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    Well I'm happy with any version of the OT. So I defer to someone pickier :p

5. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    p.s. Twilight's bringing the vadar cake again!! Thanks's for volunteering!
    [/quote]

[face_laugh]

I could bring Vader, I'm thinking on another shape as well. But I have to experiment with that one. Either way, if you all wish, I'll bring a SW cake, LOL.

Wendy, you coming down for this one?

6. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    No fight about it. Obviously we must watch the original version without the two dimensional explosion shock wave.

Edit: are we sure that (a) they won't go backorder and (b) we'll have the DVD by that point?

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I can't make it for that sorry Chrissy, I'm saving my next trip down to invade for your Holiday party. *hint*

Now about someone having DVD's........ Chrissy, I think you may know where a copy of the holy trinty might be floating around, right!?! ;)

8. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I'll try and make it to this. I should have the ROTS DVD on the 1st, so I'll bring my copy with me just in case, especially since I'll be buying the Wal*Mart exclusive edition that has an extra disc with it containing an extra behind-the-scenes doc available nowhere else! :D

9. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    I'll have the DVD by then, too. I'm also getting the Wal-Mart version (although I might do the Best Buy midnight thing if they're doing that again like they did for the OT, and I'll just get Battlefront II while I'm there). BTW, do we want to do the Clone Wars cartoon, or just the six movies (viewing Clone Wars is pretty much like watching a 7th movie since parts 1 & 2 are 2 hours combined)?

10. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Charles, I can tell you this much in a public forum about Best Buy and the ROTS DVD release, it's up to each store if they will be doing it at midnight or not. Last year LFL & Best Buy got together with the 501st and did the midnight release of OT on DVD. It's not really happening this time around since I will be at my Best Buy at 9:30am on Nov. 1st not at midnight.

11. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    While watching Clone Wars is a good idea, you should know that the DVD of Vol. 2 will not be hitting stores until December 6th. :(

And yes, I know that you probably have it recorded off of Cartoon Network. ;)

12. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I want to know why WalMart gets an extra disc! I HATE WalMart. They are the reason so many shops and other smaller stores are going out of business. ugh. Well, I guess I am going to do without the extra disc.

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    WalMart gets the extra disk for the same reason Target gets excluive figures...

It's all big business. These huge retailers can make sweet deals that the flanneled one can't refuse.

I'll be heading to Walmart to get my DVD, after I do my 501st duty at Best Buy! [face_laugh]

14. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm game. I'll even buy this one. And I'm sure someone can come up with the OT in it's proper form. You know, on "videotape" or something (says the IP lawyer).....

And, hey, Drew - did I leave my clone wars tape at your house on Derby Day? I can't find it.

And, hey, Chrissy - maybe you'll have your baking sheet back by then....

15. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I believe you did. Of course you probably intended to retrieve it when I opened the door again. I realized a few days later that everyone leaving was probably that "throwing the group out" thing. I've never really understood that. I guess it showed. :) Sorry all!

16. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    No worries - I'll pick it up sometime. We live sooooo far apart.

17. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Yoohooo, let's discuss this more. I think Chas had a couple of ideas about that weekend. Take it away Chas?

Anyway, are we going to watch all the episodes in one day? If so, when should it start? And if so, we'll probably need board games or other activities to do as well. (I could bring some cross stitch for those who want to learn a little, Steph I'll bring some linen for ya :) ) Oh and the cake. I'm thinking chocolate instead of black icing. What do you all think?

Ok, discuss, 'cause it'll be here before you know it.

18. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    If I could make it, I would bring down the sequel to Troops...

IMPS: The Relentless

If you thought Troops was good, boy you haven't seen anything yet.

Have fun at your party. :D

19. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Saturday seems the prime day to do it - Friday nights seem to fall apart on account of jobs and what not.

And I'll need something else to do while Attack of the Clones is on, so a cross stitch refresher would be grand!

And, hey, a meeting might not be a bad idea to break things up.

20. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    We can just do all day Saturday at my place. I fairly certain my vacation days cover Nov. 19th. I'm still waiting to hear back from HR to confirm that, but I'm 80% certain.

If we do it that way, though, we're going to have to start early. By my estimates, if we wanted to be finished by midnight, we'd have to start at like 10am. And that's if we don't show the Clone Wars cartoon. I can do like a breakfast thing and maybe have some French Toast and/or cereal or something (sausage biscuits are starting to sound good) to start with. Chrissy's bringing a cake and if everyone else brought something. Between that the frozen hamburgers and veggie lasagna still in there and maybe ordering a pizza, we should be good with food (heh, sounds like we're hunkering down for a storm).

How does everyone feel about that?

21. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    If the all-day thing is too much, we could break it up a bit and make it two days. Friday does generally suck, but we could start noonish on Saturday, go until we drop, then pick up Sunday morning. I can offer guest rooms to people who want to spend the night. Stallion and I could split days or something. I live about 10-15 minutes away from him, so it works out.

We should definitely include a meeting, as much as we ever do. Games are always good. Ack, linen! I'll have to get my ass back into crafting (too busy playing video games). Chocolate frosting is okay with me. And I'll vote for any weekend in November that isn't the 1st weekend and isn't Thanksgiving weekend. I think that leaves 2 weekends open. For Eugenia's sake, I'll push to move it to the 3rd weekend in November :p

22. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    So we're doing this on the 19th? That would be fine with me, but I'll need to know soon so that I can make some weekend travel plans finalized.

Sounds like a fun plan! :)

23. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    oooh I might actually be able to come to this one!

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I can also volunteer my house for some Saturday fun.

Maybe split the movies up on Friday and Saturday?

It's all good with me.

25. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    However we do it, I'm much more inclined to do a Friday-Saturday rather than a Saturday-Sunday thing since I have to be at work that Sunday (I asked work about Sunday off, it's already booked).

So, is it going to be Saturday at Eugenia's then? If we do Friday, who's going to do that? I know Minxy's said she'd do her place, and I can still do mine. I'll have off that whole day, so it might be work out better that way. Is there someone with a more central location interested in volunteering their property? :) Friday night shouldn't be too difficult if we start at like 8ish. We can decide as we go if we want to do Clone Wars that night, Saturday or just skip it altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.