main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Ep III DVD party / November meeting?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthIshyZ, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I'd love to have you guys come to our place but unfortunately,

I'LL BE BUSY PERFORMING IN MY NEW PLAY 'HAPGOOD' WITH THE WASHINGTON SHAKESPEARE COMPANY. You know, the one that starts preview showings on OCTOBER 27TH AND OFFICIALLY OPENS ON NOVEMBER 1ST AND RUNS UNTIL DECEMBER 4TH.

And by God, if you guys don't come to see me in this show I'll...I'll...

...beg you to see me in the next one.

2. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey, does anyone have a portable DVD player? Maybe we can see Bruce's show AND do the marathon at the same time. [face_laugh]

3. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    Well, if we're doing Clone Wars at all, I imagine we won't get to it on Friday night. I mean, we are doing all 6 movies in chronological order, right? So I'm not thinking we can get through 3 movies on Friday night, let alone 4 (counting the Clone Wars as a movie because, well, they are).

4. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    I thought we were doing 1-2 on Friday, and 3-6 on Saturday. Clone Wars could work as an option depending on how we feel.

5. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    It just sounded like you were planning on watching Clone Wars on Friday. We'll see what time we get started on Saturday. So, if we're doing this at Ken & Eugenia's, is it still a 2-night thing? Do they have room for all of us to spend the night? Because frankly, I'm not looking forward to making that drive twice.

6. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    I'll probably be attending the Saturday showing. At least that's when the Vader Cake will be making his appearance.

Also, Eugenia, do you have a cross stitch project to work on, or should I bring supplies and some freebie patterns and what not? I will just in case. I have one or two tricks to show the stitchers. Alternate thread starting and easy colonial knots. LOL.

I'll bring a good card game as well. Its a take on scrabble.

7. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    Well if we're bringing games I can offer Twister, Scatergories, Racko (though it's only 4 people so we'd have to team up), Triominoes, Uno, Clue, Clue Master Detective, Monopoly, NHL-Opoly, Star Wars Monopoly, Scrabble, Tri-bond, Battle of the Sexes (really not that great), and Scene It (also not that great). I'm not bringing them all, so if you want something let me know, otherwise I'm not bringing it :p

8. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi everyone,
    is it OK for a newbie to crash this event? I'd love to watch at least some of the films with y'all. I can bring SW Monopoly and/or SW Game of Life, as well as SW (Ep 2) plates (small and large), cups, and napkins (small and large). I'm glad some of you cross stitch too! I haven't picked up mine for a while, but I'd love to get back into it. Do any of you have SW patterns? I'd love to make a Leia-themed cross stitch for my Leia collection.

9. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    Of course you're welcome to join us. And SW Life sounds kinda cool ;)

10. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    Well, as it turns out, being an Event Coordinator includes having to coordinate events like these. So, here's the plan:

Friday night (Nov 18) will be at my place in Reston. We'll start at around 8 (or when most everyone shows up) and show Episodes 1-2 with an option for Clone Wars. As far as games go, I have SW Monopoly and a really fun non-SW game called Apples 2 Apples. If you've never played it, you don't know what you're missing out on. Anyone coming Friday who needs directions, PM me.

Saturday (Nov 19 - around noonish, Eugenia?) will be at Eugenia's in Alexandria where we'll show 3-6 and have a meeting somewhere in there. Anyone coming Saturday who needs directions, please PM Cinnea.

This way, we figure most everyone should have at least one day that doesn't consist of a long drive.

Food and/or drink to either event would be appriciated. And my dog will be making an appearance at both events. He's very friendly, but if you're allergic, you've been given fair warning. :)

11. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Saturday at my house. Excellent.

I also have that SW lightsaber game. For when we need excercise.

We can fit a fair amount in my living room - as we are all friends, there may be coziness - on game days we fit easily 8 with no one on the floor. That said, feel free to bring bean bag chairs, beach chairs, whatever.

Chrissy, I do have some cross stitch things from when I got all obsessed with it and then had no time to actually get any good at it. Maybe they're hard - I'll let you be the judge. Just say, "Eugenia, you dope. You don't know how to do this, why on earth did you pick this project?" I can take it.

12. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    LOL aw well I'll take a look at them. I'm sure they are simple enough, you just need to look at them again and they'll make sense. I'm in a teachy mood, I just taught a jewelry class today. I feel like superwoman!

I might be bringing a friend to this, and no not as in vader cake, though he'll be making it as well. She's a cross stitch learner too. Hmmm, does this mean then that I'm the master? Just don't kill me when we get to be older ;), though if you strike me down I shall become......blah blah blah.

13. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Gosh, it sounds like you guys are gonna' have tons o' fun this weekend watching the movies and cross stitching and stuff. I sure wish I could be a part of it but I'm afraid I'll be too busy (here it comes)...

...PERFORMING IN MY NEW SHOW 'HAPGOOD' WITH THE WASHINGTON SHAKESPEARE COMPANY!

If I wasn't PERFORMING IN MY NEW SHOW 'HAPGOOD' WITH THE WASHINGTON SHAKESPEARE COMPANY, I'd love to come by.

Say, maybe I can stop by after THE PERFORMANCE. We get out at around 10:30 or so. How long do you guys think this shindig will last?

14. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey just to let you all know, on Friday, we're starting the movies at 8, but feel free to come on over any time after 6.

That'll give people time to hang out and socialize, unlike when the movies are playing and we're all engrossed in Phantom Menace and Attack of the...

*snort* *chuckle*

I'm sorry, I can't even type that with a straight face.

Anyway, party's at 6; movies at 8. :)

15. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I am going to do my best to make it on Saturday. I can't do both nights.

16. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    The more you guys ignore my rantings about the play I'm working on, the more I'm going to promote it. So here we go again...

I'm performing in the Cold War spy thriller 'HAPGOOD' with the Washington Shakespeare Company from November 1st until December...

Ok, now I'M getting bored with it.

Maybe I'll just bow out of the play this Saturday and hook up with you guys instead. Ok,so I'll never work in this town again if I do that, but if there's a chance I can hang with my Star Wars pals, it'll be worth it!!!

(That should get them lining up to see me. The ol' complementary ploy never fails!)

P.S. If you get this far down into the body of my message, could you not read the line above this one? Thanks.

17. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I can't bear to watch this anymore...

Bruce, pm me details about your play. I can't make any promises but I will look into a early trip to DC to see you on stage. :)

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm sure we'll still be deeply engrossed in SW filmdom by 10:30 on Saturday, Bruce - come on over!!

And I fully intend to come see you - so long as my going to your play doesn't put Ken in the hospital again. E-mail me the details on where it is. We'll work something out!

19. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi everybody, I won't be able to make Friday night's festivities after all, I forgot about a previous committment, but I will be there on Saturday and I look forward to meeting you all then!

20. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    Okay, so who's coming Friday, and who's coming Saturday? Eugenia, about what time will we be starting on Sat?

21. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    I'll be there on Saturday. :)

22. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I'll be there both days in spirit... ;)

23. KYJellico

KYJellico Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    Will be there Friday as long as I can stay awake.
    Will be there Saturday as long as we are able, its B.G.'s Birthday and her parents are in town so we need to attend her party.

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    We'll try for Friday, and obviously be there Saturday

I figure, a noon start for Saturday.

My suggestion: bring whatever food you'd like, and we'll make it a pot luck snack fest. We also have a good pizza place that delivers. And Safeway is nearby.

25. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Is there a vague headcount for this shindig?

And you should see how clean my house is getting. If I don't die from dust inhalation in the next 12 hours it'll be a miracle.

BTW, if people feel very strongly about watching the "So Called Extra Special" Editions tomorrow, someone will have to bring them. I don't actually own them, because in my house, Han Shot First!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.