main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Ep III findings *******SPOILERS view at your own risk*******

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Kenobi2, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    An interesting pic of Anakin and a change to his appearance for Ep 3!

Can't get the link code to work:

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&obj_id=39668&type_id=270285&cat_id=270338&sub_id=0

2. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Saw that photo yesterday. o_O I absultly love the new look!

Yet for some reason I have a feeling that he need sparkles on.. and go Curt Wild.. :S

Agh... that Ewan! (that was way to strange of a movie...)

3. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Definitley needs Sparkles..and one of those huge headbands with the peace sign on it!

Mwahahha!

This is a good pic :)

Sabrina

4. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    First glance at that pic I could hear Padme singing; \

"He's so fine, that handsome boy over there....the one with the wavy hair....dolang, dolang,...."

;)

Actually, this long haired hippy look keeps pace with the early Obi-Wan; They start with close crop brush cuts and as they evolve they really show their "growth" so to speak.

Caught a great pic of 3P0 in his full gold plating. Get this, he's gold at the beginning of the movie. His transition apparently takes place between films.

5. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Can I make a suggestion. Some people are really picky about the spoiler info...now i am not against discussing them but perhaps you should shorten the title to just EP3 Spoiler because the photo in the title is too much info for some.

I dont mean to nitpick i am just trying to protect those that wish to go spoiler free.

6. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Actually dude it make perfect sense for the Crayon to put "Spoiler" in there. It clearly warns the folks that if they point and click that they might encounter more info then they bargained for.

A lot of the Toronto folk, they don't like spoilers see; I remember this time during the Episode 2 line up, Adam bought an R2 toy with a light up action, and I looked at it and muttered; "Oh, they based this on the scene where the creatures break into Padme's room-"

I swear the guy's eyes lit up. Murderous rage was there!

The lesson learned was not to blatantly expose a spoiler.

Episode 3 is no exception. Its like a violation...

Kinda like the opening crawl of Episode 3 where a joint Jedi/Republic task force lead by General Obi-wan Kenobi and Captain Tarkin burst into the fray to rescue Chancellor Palpatine who was apparently kidnapped by Darth Sidious!

I mean, wouldn't you feel violated?

*Runs for the bunker*

;)

Edit:

Anakin...rescue me!!!

:p

7. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Its not the spoiler i have a problem with...keep that. Its the "photo." SOme people don't even want that. Right now one person who frequents these boards can't even look at them for fear of being spoiled. And he/she is not happy. So please adjust this.

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Guys, Ken put ***SPOILER*** in the title and
    it cool with me. I will make a little bolder in a second but if people do not read titles first before entering they have no one to blame but themselves if they get spoiled...

9. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Again its not the spoiler part I am disputing...it is the photo. People dont want to even know that.

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Ummm....

So James you are saying that some people might be upset that we know we are discussing a photo that is a spoiler?

Sorry that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Its like I made a post saying "Spoiler" and people got upset because I neglected to say the spoiler was using the English language!

Photo describes the medium, and thats all. I don't think it matters if its "Spoiler: Vid clip", "Spoiler: Script excerpt", "Spoiler: New Toy" or Spoiler: Photo".

I respect the people who wish to remain spoiler free, but revealing the medium of what was revealed still reveals nothing.

Now if this thread was titled "Spoiler: New Anakin Photo" then you may have had a point. Even though the name Anakin can not be considered spoilerish, I can see how some people wouldn't want to know there is a something significant about the picture.

Even TheForce.net in reporting the photo didn't feel they had to hide the fact that it was a picture of Anakin, just the details. So using the example above is being even more sensitive than the host of these forums!

As it stands, I feel that Ken's original subject of: "Ep III photo ***spoiler***" was more than enough warning for anyone and that it revealed nothing that people could possibly get upset over.

11. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    For the record: I am ending my argument as it falls once again on deaf ears. But my point is this. Some wish not even to know that a photo has been released. The title suggests just that. While yes it does not reveal anything specific, I do beleive that it is the right of certain people to not want to know even that. Because of similar titles and worse some people can no longer vissit Star Wars news sites like TFN. All I am asking is that the title be amended so that some people are not forced to stay away from discussions with their friends on these boards. There are spoiler discussion threads and forums for this sort of thing.

However this will be my last post in this thread as it seems i am talking to a wall.

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    JAMES, this is the last time I am saying this. If is says ****SPOILERS***** in the thread it means it could be pictures or
    other damning material from EPIII. Please tell your friend or yourself for that matter to PM me if you both have any questions. We are all friends here and lets keep it that way ok :)

EDIT: Thank you for editing your message James ;)

13. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Anyhoo....

That Anakin, he's so dreamy! ;)

14. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Some wish not even to know that a photo has been released. The title suggests just that.

Ok, that's getting a bit far. If they not only not want to take in spoilers, but also wish to not even have knowledge of the EXISTENCE of spoiler material, regardless of the medium, then it's in their own hands. If one finds out the trailer is in theatres, will know that it is out ruin things?

Now I ought to see if the links to the other 5 or 6 pictures still work.

15. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Boy is it going to be a good movie! :D

16. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Its a movie? Shhh! That could be considered a spoiler! :p

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    OK guys lets play nice :)

18. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

This photo is everywhere, and it will be hard to avoid.

Yet I can semi-understand about your friend James...

Play nice you guys.

19. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    You know, personally I have no idea what that hub bub was about.

I didn't even post the pic in the thread!

Are there actually Ssme people are concerned that there are photos out?? There's a whole damn movie out there! With sound and *gasp* moving pictures!

And really, it's only a pic of hair! There are others:

Watch out ********spoilers******

Watch out ******links to spoilers*******

Anakin

3PO

R2

and Palpatine

*******watch out spoiler ends here*******

And sadly - there is nothing worth calling a spoiler in any pic - we all know those figures are in the movie. And the pics show nothing new (sadly)

Only you can control your mouse, we're not here to do it for you - gave you fair warning!

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    If anybody as much as emails me to complain, I will ban you on the spot [face_laugh]

Go ahead make my day...

21. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    And people labeled ME a trouble maker in the Toronto boards!

*Jokeresque laugh*

I guess this would be a bad time to talk of how they got an extra to wear a "rubber mask" to look more like the late Peter Cuching for the role of Captain Tarkin of the Republic Star Destroyer fleet?

;)

22. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I heard they are renting out caves in isolated areas in Nunavut.

23. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    *ahem*

[image=http://theforce.net//episode3/newspics/Tarkin_spy.jpg]

EDIT: You just knew that would get pulled. If you want to see it, just ask.

24. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    *Studies the Tarkin pic*

Impressive...most impressive...

25. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Hmm, won't Jymm_Roquand get a little upset at my new icon? what can I say, it's there in the icon list. Guess you just can't visit a Star Wars based forum or anything remotely related for the next few years!

Ok, I'm done.

Just gonna keep the icon for a bit - but believe me! I'm going back to my nice comfortable R4-P17, or maybe I'll trade him in for a nice shiny new

******Spoilers**********

Coppertop R2!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.