main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ep III is about the merchandise!!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JediKnightOB1, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Star Wars is about the merchandise and Ep III will be no exception to the rule.
    There will be more variations on Darth Vader than Baskin Robbins has Ice Cream flavors.

There will be "Maskless" Darth Vader, "Bionic" Darth Vader, "Pre-burnt" Darth Vader, "Post-burnt" Darth Vader, "Acne-faced-young adult" Darth Vader, "Angst" Darth Vader, "PO'd" Darth Vader, "Postal" Darth Vader, the "Torso w/ life support kit" of Darth Vader, "Leggless" Darth Vader, "Armless" Darth Vader, "Dog collar" Darth Vader comes with Tarkin and leash, and don't forget "Kung Fu Grip (Choke Hold)" Darth Vader.

Then there will be...

Qui-Gon "Ghost"
    Yoda w/ Saber, Yoda w/ Blaster, Obi-Wan w/ Saber, Obi-Wan w/o Saber... Padme "in slave girl outfit."...

What do you think the Ep III action figures will be like?

2. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    a lot like the epiosde II ones.

lots-o-variations, too.

it'll be good, i think.

3. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Pretty much like AOTC, but with more features as each new style of toy comes out day by day.

4. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    *laughs gitily*

JediKnightOB1 Said "Kung Fu"

Hheheheheheehhe

~`KFY`~

5. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Lots of Vader for sure.

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    "Pre-Burnt" Vader...

I love that one.

You forgot...

"Extra Crispy" Vader

7. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I didn't add "Deep fried" Darth Vader!!!

8. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    AND, don't forget- Thin 'n Crispy Anakin Skywalker, with Lightsaber and Removeable Flesh.

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    As much as people complain about over-marketing Star Wars...

I hope they market Ep.III up the wazoo and exploit Darth Vader for all he's worth. :D

He'll be like Yoda was for AOTC... except times a million. :D

10. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    I hope they really go crazy with 3 stuff since they were more low key with AOTC. Strike up a fast-food deal and something with pop but nothing as crazy as the pepsi TPM deal.

11. finster_the_hutt

finster_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2003
    as long as the Chewie is cool, i'm happy!

12. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Darth Vader is going to be everywhere, and I can't wait!

Only problem is he'll be oversaturated in merchandising, and only be in the movie for like 5 minutes. The Maul syndrome I like to call it.

13. Darth_Ravenger

Darth_Ravenger Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    I agree with Ret. I hope the promotion for Episode 3 is very good. I know one thing some people may not care but I want some new cup toppers with Ep. 3 characters. The only complaint I have for movie years of the hasbro toys is that all of the stores like Wal-mart and K-mart order like a gazillion figures of the ones that are released. Then they sit on the shelf for over a year and we never see new figures again like ages. I am so sick of not being able to find 2003 figures in my town and there being like hundreds of AOTC figures still on shelf. The Wal-mart here won't bring in new ones until they've completely sold out. Wal-mart and K-mart are so ridiculous cause they won't put them on clearance either. They wait and do that as well after about a year and a half. Back to the fast food tie-in;I hope we get a couple of the kids meal toys too. Hopefully the new publishing company for the "Insider" can offer up some great promotions in 2005 for fan club members such as first time figures and playsets. I have other ideas for Episode 3. It would be awsome if Lucas could have a trailer preview of the archival edition of the OT before Episode 3. I wish that the trailer and the DVD set for all of the movies could come out that year as a promotion. Another idea I had was if Lucasfilm could offer a unique figure for free when you buy a ticket for the first week of Episode showings. I remember ROTJ:SE and I thought it was great when I got the Luke Jedi. Lucas could do alot of neat things.

14. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    ". I know one thing some people may not care but I want some new cup toppers with Ep. 3 characters."

Please no those things take up way too much room.

15. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    They'd better have model kits this time...

16. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    What do you think the Ep III action figures will be like?

I know one thing for sure,they are to be wickedly cool! :cool:

17. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    JediKnightOB1, thats is the truth. that was hilarious, the funniest truthful statement I read in awhile.

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.