main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Ep III outline

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by yatchie, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Got the idea from the Pittsburgh site.
    What are everyones thoughts on how EP III will play, who kills who, what happens when, how it end and so on. Or if anyone has any other questions about what else will happen in EP III.

2. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    What I'd like to know is how crucial is Anakin's turning to the Empire coming to power? Is his turning to the darkside a key element to the rise of the empire? Is Palpatine able to soldify his power base because of this event, and would Anakin be able to somehow prevent it, by not turning? Or would the Empire have happened anyway, Anakin, or no Anakin? Is Anakin a key factor here? Or is he the icing on Palpy's cake? I'm thinking that he must be a key component, because Lucas recently hinted that Palpy is using Dooku, to get at Anakin, and the what he really should be doing is finding a baby with force potential and raising it (remember, the quick and easy path!). Thoughts?

3. Hunter_Killer_Droid

Hunter_Killer_Droid Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    During the lightsaber battle between Count Dooku and Anakin it seemed as if Dooku's moves against Anakin were very calculated, even restrained. Is there a reason for this? Dooku is obviously more powerful than someone like Darth Maul yet Maul was relentless in his attacks against the Jedi. I think Dooku was aware of Palpatine's interest in Anakin as an ally and did just enough damage to him. Palpatine didn't require Dooku to win the battle on Geonosis - only to start the war. He did exactly what his master wanted. Remember in Empire Strikes Back when Vader mentions that Luke could be an ally to the Emperor? Palpatine then instructs Vader to turn him. Then in Return of the Jedi Palpatine tells Luke to strike down Vader and take his place. Vader was under the impression that he and Luke would both serve the Emperor and because of this (and the fact that Luke is his son) he didn't kill Luke on Bespin. Could the same thing have been going on with Palpatine-Dooku-Anakin? Dooku must have had strict orders not to kill Anakin otherwise why the restraint? Is Palpatine using Dooku as a pawn in his goal of bringing Anakin to the dark side? There is a lot to consider. I'd like to hear what you guys think.

4. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    HKD, according to the book, Anakin was actually giving Dooku a hard time. I got the impression that Dooku couldn't beat Anakin, and that he lopped off his arm as a desperation tactic. I don't see severing someone's arm at the elbow as restrained. The book also implies that Dooku is about to kill Obi-wan and Anakin just as Yoda arrives, and saves the day. But since "Super Editor" cut out a lot of stuff in the duel, the only sign you see of Dooku's fatigue, is the tired llok he has on his mug as Yoda walks in. In some making of footage I saw, Dooku was actually about to kill Obi-wan and Anakin by using 2 sabers, and Yoda pushes one of them out of Dooku's hand! Besides, Dooku tried to recruit Obi-wan, not Anakin. Besides, all Maul wanted to do was kill jedi. He wasn't a tactical, manipulating schemer, the way Sidous and Tyrannus are. I don't think that Tyrannus knew anything about Anakin, or Sidous's interest in him. Sidious doesn't strike me as the type to confide his plans in any of his apprentices. He simply sees them as tools, not as people. Remember, he didn't tell Vader of any of hi plans about Endor. An I also don't agree with the "Vader wanted Luke to serve with him under the emporer" thing. Vader was trying to talk Luke into killing the Emporer, and taking over as the apprentice, at Vader's side. Things began to fall apart for the emporer the moment he began to ignore the rule of two. Also, I think Vader and the Emporer were in competition for Luke's apprentice-ship. The nature of the Sith is to use the weak as your tools, so I doubt that a Sidious/Tyrannus/Anakin-- Emporer/Vader/Luke triumvirate is in anybody's plans

5. yatchie

Jun 7, 2001
    Well Dooku had to know about Sidious's plans for Anikan. At the end of the movie when Dooku meets with Sidious he say's to him "good news master, the boy is on his way", implying that he knew that was the plan. Which leads me to ask does Dooku think that he and Anikan are going to take over, cause why would he is right mind take part in his turn to the dark side to knowingly be killed off by Anikan? I have not read the book but I didn't see anything the would lead me to believe that Dooku plans on taking over. Now does Anikan kill Dooku to make his turn to the dark side complete. I believe that is how Dooku will meet his end.
    There are a ton of other questions about what has to happen in the next movie but I'll go one at a time.

6. Brad Kan Obi So Cool

Brad Kan Obi So Cool Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    Dooku had to know something about Anakin though, at the end of the movie he says to Sidious, "You'll be happy to know that the boy has Begun". This is obviously a reference to Anakin falling to the Dark Side. I think this is why he wasn't as surprised as he could have been when Anaking leaped up after been Lightninged to save Obi-Wan, he didn't have the physical or Force strength to do it, so he summoned his anger and pain to defeat the killer blow to Obi-Wan. Imagine how much anger and agression he had in him at this time. His mother = Dead. Padme just fell off of his ship, he doesn't know if she is dead or alive or hurt or what, he wants to go save her but Obi-Wan won't let him, not to mention that Dooku was the one behind Padme falling out and Anakin damn well knows it. I think that since Dooku knew that Sidious was interested in Anakin (The whole, "The boy has begun" thing), he wanted to perhaps kill Obi-Wan and maim Anakin so that Anakin could 'see' that the Dark Side could defeat the Light Side of the Force.

7. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Actually, what Tyranus says is "The war has begun." "The boy has begun" doesn't make any sense. Begun what? Washing his face? College? Piano lessons? Puberty? I know the SW films are full or goofy dialogue, but not that goofy.

I think the Empire would've risen regardless of Anakin's involvement. If not Anakin, someone else would've been Palpatine's personal enforcer. Anakin happened to be in the right place at the right time for Palpatine's needs. Obviously, Palpy knew how strong Anakin was in the Force- most likely thru his own Force abilities but probably also from the Jedi. When the right events transpired, it made it that much easier for Palpy to convert Anakin. I'm sure Palpy helps some of these events along to a certain degree. We'll have to wait for Episode 3 to find out for sure. Anakin himself says Obi-Wan is holding him back and jealous of his natural abilities. I'm sure Palpy helps these feelings along. we've already seen hints at Palpatine's manipulations, specifically when he tells Anakin he foresees him becoming the greatest of all the Jedi.

As far as Anakin becoming Palp's right hand man, I think Anakin gets duped into destroying Dooku. I doubt Dooku had any idea of Palp's plans for Anakin. Dooku came into the picture 10 years prior, well before Anakin was really of any consequence. Once Anakin had grown and studied the Force, Palp saw a better tool and decided to trade up. He sees that Anakin will be of more use than Dooku and figures if he can get rid Dooku in just the right way, he can lock Anakin into is plans.

8. Hunter_Killer_Droid

Hunter_Killer_Droid Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    There have been a lot of good points made about the palpy-anakin-dooku plotline. Yoda said it himself, "hard to see the darkside is". Palpatine is manipulating many people at the same time, which a giant departure from past Sith Lords who were the equivalent of barbarians (see Tales of the Jedi, Jedi vs. Sith, etc). Palpy is a different breed of Sith Lord, much like Darth Bane (founder of the modern-age Sith). In the end, Palpatine is looking out for just one person, himself. Apprentices and pawns come and go but Palpatine's obsession with total power over the galaxy eclipses rules, loyalty as well as right and wrong. Vracer pointed out that the book's duel between Obi, Anakin and Dooku was different than what played out in the movie. Maybe it was just me but Dooku looked sort of sad/disappointed/tired toward the Jedi laying half-dead at his feet. Ah well, I am going to see it for the second time (finally) tonight, maybe I'll be able to pick something up from it this time.

9. yatchie

Jun 7, 2001
    Now onto another part.
    At what part of the movie are the twins born?
    We know that they already filmed the scenes of Obi delivering Luke. It seemes like it was when Luke was still a baby. Also from the sound of it, it doesn't look like there is alot of footage shot. If we remember back to ANH, Owen doesn't care too much for Obi and knows that Anakin is up to no good. So are they going to show that back story?
    Also from ROTJ Luke ask his sister if he remembered her mother, she said she had mostly remembered images, which leads to believe that she at least had to be around 5-6 years of age. And will the show the passing of Padme?

Thoughts?

10. Brad Kan Obi So Cool

Brad Kan Obi So Cool Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    There was a recent article about getting to see Padme's belly-button in AOTC, and she said something to the nature of, "You guys better have enjoyed it this time, because next movie I'll be with children (Luke and Leia), George already has me trying out different ensembles." SOOOO, clearly we see her pregnant for much of the movie, but we've gotta see her die. And George has to connect Leia's words about Padme as well. So, if the twins are born in the movie, Padme has to be alive long enough for Leia to remember her mother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.