main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Ep. III premiere ideas

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Raptor, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Lets toss around some ideas for the midnight showing of ROTS. Lets think about this a few ways.

Ideas for just our group if we don't host anything.

Ideas if we get to host some activities at either the mall or Tygart Valley (and your preference between the two). Remember that the mall is indoors so we might be able to do more, and the Tygart Valley location we might get radio coverage on WCLG.

As far as tickets go, I'm always at work when they go on sell, but that hasnt been a problem in the past. However this year I have way more going on at work than any previous year, so I may need someone to pickup my midnight show tickets for me!

I'm still in contact with both places, but getting close to the point where I need ideas of what we may want to do to present to them.

Post your thoughts!

Rap

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    You folks are always welcome to join us. We're having a big shin-dig.

Two contest (Trivia and Costume).

I'm getting interview by FOX television for the premiere.

We're raising money for Charity. (I'll be seeing the movie 20 times in a row, with money raised going to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. Alos at the last viewing, I'll be shaving my head and donating my hair to Locks for Love- a charitable rganization that makes wigs out of human donated hair for kids with Alopecia.)

There will most likely be a buffet included with ticket price as well.

Let me know if you are interested. (I can understand if not though due to distance.)

Hope you will though,
    -Sal

3. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    how much will the tickets costs does anybody know?

And if i can ill get there to help out...if not ill be at meadowbrook during the day to see it......so yeah.....but id love to be at a midnight showing....I think the costume contest and trivia one is a good idea....we could even have a certain seat in the theater that has an envelope taped to it somewhere and give away a few prizes tot hose who have envelopes....just a thought...

oh and btw have msuch fun at Celebration III id love to go but god its too expensive and i dont got a way there...and yeah....bring back lots of pictures for your website.....Someday i will get to go to a starwars convention....someday......

4. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Sal, I want a pic of your head shaved btw. I just can't imangine that!!!

5. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Ok, so far it looks like Carmike in the mall is going to have the best deal for us. Free promotion for events at the theater plus we can hang posters/banners to advertise the events.

Carmike will donate free movie passes as prizes.

Very possible things that are not yet a done deal:

Fox46 TV coverage of events and advertisement before.
    WFBY coverage of events and advertisement before.
    Dinner coupons as prizes from Garfields.

We need to look at getting stuff printed out to drop off various places to advertise, and also look at getting a poster or our chapter banner done. If we all donate I think we can get the banner.

So keep posting ideas for what kind of activites we can do as well as any ideas/comments you have. I think this deal has come together well so far!

Rap

6. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Is someone getting all our tickets at once? It will be very hard for me to snag one on my own, what with school and the lack of internet purchasing abilities... I will be happy to fork over the necessary money in advance if someone is going to order/pick up the tickets all at once... :)

7. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    with this deal, anyone from our group who works the events we would host gets their tickets before they go on sale to the public, so that would make ticket buying easier.

8. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    you dtill ahvent said what the price of the tickets will be Rap.....my family is being financial strapped since my dad is on unemploymewnt....so i need to know prices weeks in advance....also i need to know for sure if it is carmike where we are going....cause i have to arrange a ridfe to and from and alll that good sttuff....sorry if i sound sotrof like an ass...im really not...just need to be able to plan ones life...especially since money is a big issue......

thnak you all...Zan out

9. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Zan,

I don't have the ticket prices. What I'm trying to do is to get as much information to you guys as I can when I get it, and I have posted all the information that I have atm. The regular ticket price for a movie at Carmike is Matine $5.00, Evening $7.50, which I just got from looking up our Bridgeport theater on carmike.com

Which theater we go to is totally up to everyone here. Again I'm just passing out the information as I get it so that everyone knows as much as I do so they can help make the decisions.

Group,

If you all would like, Ithorian and myself can just make the plans (such as which theater and what we will do there), and just post here once everything is setup and finaliazed. I was just trying to have everyone involved as much as possible in the decision making process.

Rap

10. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Rap, you'll get a pic of my shaven head when the time comes...

Good luck with your plannign folks, most of all HAVE FUN!!!!

11. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    I prefer Carmike.....but its up to the rest of you....though i need to know by the middle fo april what the plans are so i can be there.....and ill help any way i can.....oh and thanks for the prices Rap......i didnt know what normal prices are..but im thinking prices may rise due to this being a starwars film and it being the last of them..or so they say..lol....

12. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Personally, I prefer Carmike as well. Tygart Vally is a poor excuse for a theater... They might as well hang a sheet on the wall and set up some folding chairs... LOL!!! :p

13. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    The big advantage of Carmike over Tygart Valley is the fact that it's indoors, which is a plus if there would happen to be bad weather.

Anyway, we're working on some stuff. :D

(Ithorian is giddy with excitement)

14. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Can you tell us the ideas you and Raptor are tossing around? I'm curious...

15. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    SO....Hoe goes the planning, any new info that we should know?

16. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Just that we should have a meeting with the cinema folks this Friday. Won't know anything new till after that :)

Rap

17. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    What did you find out when you talked to the cinema people?

18. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    UPDATE

Ithorian and myself had a meeting at Carmike in the mall Friday. We have secured that is the theater that we will be using. We also now have 3 set activites that will be going on. A costume contest, Trivia contest, and prize raffle. The date will be the night of the midnight showing, May 18th. Before the event, ads for our events before the show will air on radio (WRLF, WFBY, etc.) and TV (WVFX)

I will post more information as I have it.

Please note we DO NOT know the following details as they are being tended to by Carmike:

Dates of when radio and TV aids will air
    Date/time tickets go on sale for the midnight showing
    Exact start time of the event
    If we will have a mall stage setup

I know it's not a lot of new details, but I just wanted to keep everyone updated on the progress so far. Once we get closer to the event and have all the info we need, we will print and hang our advertisements and I will update the website.

I'm excited!!!

Rap

19. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Sounds GREAT!!!

*jumps about excitedly*

:D

20. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    I just found out that I probably won't make the midnight showing. But I will be there during the day of the 19th. *sighs* I may never get to meet you guys.

21. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Sorry to hear that you wont be able to make it :( Fear not, we shall meet.....it is your destiny

22. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Latest Updates:

The Mall, who provides a mall stage for just about every idiot with an idea, has decided that we cannot use one. So we will just have to rope off an area to use, and they are fine with that. Our best guess is it's because this event will happen after regular mall hours.

106.5 is already starting to mention that we will be having activities on the air on their Friday morning show, but it's random as to when they mention it. Some TV mentions should start soon.

Media coverage for the event will include live remotes by WDTV Channel 5 and Magic 106.5. We are still waiting for a return call from Fox 46.

Our Triva wheel is now complete thanks to Fettish's father.

Our list of prizes for the trivia contest, costume contest, and raffle has grown alot. We will have a CIII vader as well as many other Star Wars items. Non SW items include dinners donated by The Outback, Garfield's, and Texas Roadhouse. Before the event Ithorian and myself will create a full prize list for each activity.

Looks like the start time should be around 9:30 or 10PM. We should have flyers and signs up at the theater very soon!

These are all the details that I have atm.

Rap

23. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    WOW! This is gonna be so cool! :D

*is all excited*

Are we going to be in costume or club T-Shirts?

24. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Also..Do we yet know the Cost of tickets?

Has Carmike began selling tickets for Episode III yet?

25. Wraith_wolf

Wraith_wolf Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    Hey guys! WAASSSUPPP?!?!?

(sorry, had to) Anyways, I heard a rumor that there may not be any midnight showings for the Episode 3??? I heard this may have been announced a couple of days ago, but havent been able to find anything yet. Anyone know for sure if true/false? I heard that Lucas is only going to let them release the movie the next morning. Again, just rumors, but I was wondering if someone here might know a bit more than me on the subject.

Oh, and I will definately be there for this event! Been too long since I seen most o you people. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.