Ep. III reaction thread

Discussion in 'Clarksburg/Bridgeport, WV' started by Darth_Raptor, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3

WOW.

Finally.

...maybe I'll be less in awe and able to write more than one word at a time after I see it again.

Rap
  2. YT_Sno Jedi Padawan

The opening space battle and for the most part all of the battles are just amazing, in the first movie i became bored during the fighting, not in this movie, congrats to George on that one, he did a wonderful job getting the scope and pace of the battles perfect. however, Grevious was tacked on, and discarded almost as an afterthought, the story really didnt need him, the battle on kashyyyk wasnt fleshed out either, couldve done alot more with that, but it was just that there was too much going on for just one movie. the transformation from anakin to vader was done pretty well, i found it, for the most part, believable, and i was happy with it. the conversation during the final battle between anakin and obi-wan couldve been realized a little better, but overall, i was happy with it, the saga is finally concluded.... or is it ?
  3. YT_Sno Jedi Padawan

Oh, and congrats to the people here who did the raffle/trivia contest/costume contest, it was good for what you guys had to work with, and i won a free book in the raffle, and got free tickets courtesy of channel 5, you guys made it a fun night, nice to meet you all.
  4. Dotanis Jedi Knight

star 1
    I enjoyed it though the lack of sleep at work was kicking me today =)

-Dot
  5. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    *is still sitting with stunned, awe-struck expression on face*

:p

6. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey YT_Sno, I didn't get a chance to meet you! :(

7. Haddenewall Jedi Padawan

I am thrilled and amazed. Im going back to see it again today and sunday.

Way to go George!
  8. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
  9. Wraith_wolf Jedi Padawan

Wow.....just.....wow....

I have to admit, going in, I was scared there w as no way they could cover all the ground they needed to cover adequately without it feeling rushed...but they did it. And did it well.

There were some sad scenes, some scenes hard to watch, but the action was second to none, and the story was well done. If this is to be the final chapter in the Star Wars legacy, then I felt it certainly went out with a roar.

However....here's hoping for 3 more..... ;)
  10. TieDyeWookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I loved it. So did my Mom who tagged along with me. She wanted to see this one even though she's a Trekkie and not that much into Star Wars. She was amazed. And for me the film exceeded my expectations.

I think the ending felt a little rushed. Maybe the last 10 minutes. And the Darth Vader, "NNoooooooooo!!!!" was a bit cliche. But overall, I loved the thing. I plan to see it again this week if I can make it out there.

My mom told me today that on opening day it raked in something like $50 million. I think Episode II did like $80 million for the WEEKEND.

But now that I've seen the film in theaters I'll be counting the days until the DVD comes out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.