main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Ep III release - what will you be doing?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    hey, just trying to get some conversation going, and I'm also curious to know what others are doing.

I'm going to Toronto Monday morning after work, and I'm going to hang out with the Long Line people until the release.

Back when I was 18, I was very envious of the people in Toronto that I saw on E-Now, like Deb, and I wished I could go too, but I lived in a small town, and I didn't drive, so that couldn't happen. Plus Star Wars was VERY uncool at my school, so no one would admit that they liked the movies. (you should have heard my class when I used the Star Wars saga for my prime example of a Machiavellian character in my oral presantation in English class...)

Three years later, I was living here in London, but again, I didn't know anyone who liked Star Wars, and I had an unstable job (that I lost two weeks later) and no car, so again, I couldn't participate in anything.

This year though, I have a lot of friends from these boards, and I'm very excited to have that week off work (it inlcudes the long weekend a few days after Star Wars is released), and a car so I can drive where I want.

I'm very, very excited. Can you tell?

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Zee line, of course :)

Though I have to scoot back to London on the Saturday for a concert.

3. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm debating whether or not I'll come back to London for that Friday night or not, since I'm heading to Goderich area that night already.

4. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I'll be in the line. ;)

5. MagnusX67

MagnusX67 Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Hey ya'll. I haven't been able to find anything about midnight showings in London. Am I missing something or am I just ***?

I'm from the States and have only been here about a year or so. I'm not really up to speed on Canada and all of it's differences yet, but it seems like everybody and their grandmother has a midnight showing in the US and I can't find a thing up here.

Any help you can throw my way is appreciated.

gracias...

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    If there is anything, it will be at Silver City in Masonville, probably. That's where the LOTR stuff was. I know there's stuff going on in TO though, which is why I'm going there.

7. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    1 week to the release!!!! I'm getting very excited, anyone else?

8. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    we had midnight screenings down here in Sarnia - one at 12:01 and the other at 12:10. first one sold out, but there were still seats for the second one, no line and no waiting. im anxious to hear folks' thoughts on things once everyone has seen the film. it should make for some interesting debates/discussions!

9. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I got to see it again on Friday, at 4pm. No wait, no lineup, and the theatre was only half full. When we left though, the lineup was out the door and around the corner of the theatre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.