main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Ep. III Thread (SPOILERS ALLOWED and limited to this thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Okay, I'm starting this thread because there are tidbits floating about Ep III already and some people just don't wanna know. SO, if you want to discuss spoliers about Ep III, do it here and ONLY here. Merci buckets!

2. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm glad I started this thread; I didn't realize how many spoilers there have been in the past few days.

The Chewie thing is kinda weird. I can't see Peter Mayhew giving something that seems so significant away like that. But who knows...?

And the movie is only going to run 2 hours? Hmmm. Interesting.

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, there's going to be expansions and contractions before th movie's finally released, so it still has possibilities of being long. Lucas won't go for the 3-hour mark, but 2.5-2.75 might be do-able.

It would be interesting to see Chewie have more important role to the saga. But something that significant to the story, you would think that he'd have been introduced earlier in the PT than this. I mean as far as continuity and leading into the OT, it seems strange for Chewie to have this important of a role and only show up at the end of the Pre-trilogy.

I can definitely see Lucas playing the Ben-Chewie relationship, seeing as it does seem like they are familiar to one another in the Cantina. Almost as if Ben purposely went to Mos Eisley looking for Chewie.

Which also reminds me of the speculation made awhile ago that the Millenium Falcon would reappear in EIII and have a significant role in the saga.

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    There just better be a good reason for Chewie to be there other than to throw him in for the heck of it.

And an EU character will be in Ep 3... Hmm, wonder who it is?

5. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well according to the spoiler, Chewie delivers the children to Obi-Wan. Assuming that's true, that would be an important role with significant screen time. I would tend to think that delivering the twins would be much more difficult than your run-of-the-mill delivery, especially since he must keep it secret from everyone in the galaxy. I just wonder why Lucas would wait so late in the story to introduce him.

P.S. The EU character, I don't know. I would guess it would have to one that was a favorite of George, however we all know George doesn't pay attention to the EU. So whoever it ends up being, George will surely alter their character versus what you read in the EU.

6. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    But see, it seems a bit forced to have Chewie all of a sudden around and doing something so important. It's like it was supposed to be a new character and George (or whoever) said "OOH! Let's put in Chewie instead! He's old so we can find a way to explain it!" I mean, they already forced Boba Fett into the Prequels (I'm not complaining) which really wasn't necessary either. Although the fact that Boba is a clone is interesting and now seems like more than "Let's put Boba in for the heck of it!" I just hope the Chewie connection is like that: interesting, not just putting him in for the heck of it.

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    "But see, it seems a bit forced to have Chewie all of a sudden around and doing something so important."

My thoughts exactly. Here he's involved in one of the most pivotal points of the saga, and as a character, he shows up at the last minute to carry out the events. [Yoda]Rushed, it is[/Yoda].

8. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I'm of mixed emotions.

It would be strange to have Chewbacca there and not either a Solo or a Calrissian (not necessarily Han or Lando, but possibly a father or uncle or older brother)

On the other hand, it is rumored in the EU that Han rescued Chewie from slavery and therefore the loyalty. How would that work into the picture? Is Chewie free and then enslaved by Anakin / Vader therefore showing his evilness? or is he in slavery and saved by a 12 to 15 y.o. Han?

There's more to these questions, but that's for later.

9. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well Han isn't even born yet in this timeframe, or at the very least he is a small child, depending on what you believe to be Han's official age in ANH (There are differing opinions on his age). So I don't see how Han or Lando will work into the picture.

10. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Posted on TFN today:

Click here to discuss these stories in our Jedi Council forums.

In the Official Site's Hyperspace Webcam section, late night owls got a special treat. At 17:41:20 on 6/30/03, the web cam was turned on a monitor. On the monitor you can clearly see Anakin Skywalker with (spoiler fans highlight) what appears to be shoulder length hair. On his right hand is what looks like a black glove very reminiscent of Darth Vader's. Was this a test shot or the first actual footage filmed? I'm sure we'll get an official update soon. Anyone wanting to see the image can look in the webcam archives if you're a paying customer.

Shoulder-length hair? I'm afraid... I wonder if this will make Lizzie like him more or less. *snicker*

11. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Its more for her to grab onto when he gets out of line, or when he pretends to at least [face_devil]

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I haven't seen it because I don't get the Insider, but TF.N reports the following Episode III highlights from the latest issue:

George Lucas' first draft of the Episode III script was 102 pages long. Major changes are expected on following drafts. The major focus is the breakdown in friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin.
    Color and darkness will be emphasized in the film. Rick McCallum says it will mimic paintings by Mark Rothko.

Nick Gillard was, as of May 2003, hitting local fight clubs to find fighters for the new movie.

Anakin Skywalker won't have a beard in Episode III.

Yoda's homeworld or species will not be revealed.

No rematch between Yoda and Dooku though both will have their own fights.

Temuera Morrison won't be seen as a clone trooper.

There is no location shooting for EP 3.

No extra shots of Natalie Portman will be put in the classic trilogy.

Some of these seem redundant. Do we really need to see Temeura Morrison as a Clone trooper? What use would inserting shots of Natalie into the Holy Trilogy prove? She belongs in the New Testament and that's it. And, it doesn't really matter where Yoda came from, in fact it would probably tarnish his mystique.

If Nick Gillard is going to Fight Clubs looking for fighters, does that mean Ed Norton and Brad Pitt will be in the movie? Furthermore, would he be able to tell anyone where he found them (What's the first rule in Fight Club)?

Lastly, why does Anakin have to have a beard, just because he becomes a Knight? That is assuming he becomes one during the Clone Wars.

13. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well most of that info came from a "Putting the rumors to rest" Q&A of sorts. A lot of those were questions/rumors that have been floating around for some time and Rick McCallum thought it was time to officially end them, I guess.

The only thing of note is that he says that based on his reading of the script, it seems as though this will definitely be the shortest SW movie at about 2 hours. Of course that could change because of rewrites, etc but I found that interesting. It also says there is some relationship stuff with Ani/Padme, but the focal point is the deterioration of the Obi/Ani relationship.

14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Dooku is getting bumped off in the first 10 minutes of Ep. III. Hmmm.

15. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    And Chewie is going to be Padme's midwife.

Hope he washes those paws first!

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    LOL, yeah! Ahhh, I wish I didn't know all this stuff but I can't help reading the spoilers.

17. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    OMG, spoilers ahoy on TFN!

I wonder if they are true...

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm not understanding the whole Padme dies giving birth thing. TFN is passing it off as being Queen of Alderaan being the "mother" that Leia speaks of.

But in ROTJ, when Luke is trying to tell Leia about their family he says:

"Tell me. What do you remember about your mother. Your real mother"

Okay, so maybe thats not the exact quote, but he does ask her in that manner.

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I don't know about her dying while giving birth, but I do believe she dies in Ep 3. It's just too much of a dangling plot between 3 and 4. (What happened to Padme?) There's no way they would leave something that juicy to the EU.

I like the bit about Palpy giving the clones orders to kill their Jedi masters. I love Palpy.

20. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    How about the rumors that Palpatine has his own lightsaber?

I think its messed up...

21. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    AGHHHHH my eyes! My eyes! I read the spoilers. They prolly feel like anakins after that bolt of electricity.
    I totally ruined my eyes! PURE evil.. wow.

22. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I know.... it's like I don't WANT to read them, but I just can't help it.

I didn't see one about Palpy having a lightsaber... but I did read about him kicking some major butt. I can't wait! :D

23. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Clones turning on the Jedi is going to rock.

But Mace better not get beat like that. :p

24. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Its sounding like everyone (except obvious exceptions) get beat like that. They turn on Yoda, but he supposedly waves his hands and does a "away with your weapons, I mean you no harm". And Obi-wan supposedly kills a be-friended clone who turns on him. My question is, how would you know which clone you are talking to at any given time?

25. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    I was sorta confused, and well, they might end up changing it, but does she die having the kids, or does she die getting strangled by her loving and astranged husband (Duh george, i can love him and squeeze him and hold him..duh wabbit)

Yeh, i don't understand knowing which clone is which, it's like having problems with the doublemint twins, although, I thought they said somethin in the ep2 where they are a tad different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.