main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ep.III tie-in books to be released 04/02/05

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Idgie, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    starwars.com has updated with the release date for the Ep.III books as well as a good rundown of what's coming out.No matter,since I'm sure that we're all going to be good little boys and girls and wait until after the movie comes out before we go and buy all those spoiler-iffic books,right?? [face_mischief] Still,that date is somewhat odd,given that it falls on a Saturday and new releases usually come out on Tuesdays.

2. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    I think I would like to read the tie-in novel which is titled Labyrinth of Evil. I didn't read The Approaching Storm til after the last movie and I feel that if I had read it prior to the movie that I wouldn't in any way have felt like it had spoiled me.

Side Note- I'm reading Dark Rendezvous. IT'S AWESOME SO FAR. It would definitely warrant a discussion if anyone else is interested either at our meeting or on the boards or both.

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I've been interested in Prequel EU in general,and Clone Wars EU in particular,so DR sounded like it could be interesting,and so far,it is.I'm a little surprised that it's taken them this long to write a Yoda-focused book,but the biggest surprise was that Padme actually makes an appearance.I know that she(along with Palpatine)was off-limits for EU writers in the past,so maybe that Ep.III is pretty much wrappped(and her fate's decided),some of those earlier restrictions can be lifted.Maybe Yoda was one of those off-limit characters.

I also found it interesting to hear Yoda's thoughts on why the Jedi Temple should NOT be on Coruscant and where he would move it to if it were up to him.I'm also hoping that this book may answer some questions that I have,namely,what are Yoda's impressions of Palpatine and does he suspect treachery at this point.

I wasn't too sure what to make of Dooku's apparent confusion/change of heart near the beginning.Honestly,the whole 'morally ambiguous' thing was played out in AOTC and I wish they would either make him completely Dark Side or just get rid of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.