Ep. III: Who will be the first to utter the words, "Darth Vader"?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Hatter, Mar 3, 2002.

?

Ep. III: Who will be the first to utter the words, "Darth Vader"?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
Palpatine 158 vote(s) 81.4%
Anakin/Vader 20 vote(s) 10.3%
Other 16 vote(s) 8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingjim Jedi Knight

star 1
    Probably Padme. Probably just before Darth Vader kills her...... :eek:

Don't worry, I just made that up. :)
  2. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Luke_Clone Jedi Master

star 4
    It will be Palpatine addressing Vader as "Lord Vader" like Palpy/Sidious does in Episode 1 to "Lord Maul" and Episode 2 to "Lord Tyranus."

Gotta be consistent you know. I hope Lucas doesn't just throw the name "Darth Vader" out there... Lord Vader would be more subtle, refined, classy, elegant! :)
  4. starkillah Jedi Knight

star 1
  5. Double_Sting Jedi Master

star 4
    Padme [face_devil]

How ironic and tragic would that be.
  6. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus/2014 Celebrity Deadpool Winner

Game Winner
    star 6
    You truly can't believe someone other than Anakin or Palpatine will say it first.

A hero naming him would be ridiculous. Mainly because you can't become a Sith unless Palpatine decrees you one. And Palpatine wouldn't send an apprentice out to battle without giving him a name to call him by. So either Palpatine or Anakin chooses then name. But my bet is on Palpatine.

Why?

Mainly because of Maul. Lucas said that Palpatine trained Maul from birth. And to be a Sith, you must forget all about your past life. So Palpatine probably called the Zabrak Maul since the boy could remember. And to win over Dooku's confidence, he probably named him Tyranus. To make him think he's a true Sith. So I should expect the Anakin situation to be no different.
  7. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Palpatine will "knight" him Darth Vader ;)

Its the ultimate crowning glory for his defet of Dooku ;)
  8. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    On second thoughts, maybe we won't hear the name till ANH?
  9. There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think it will make more of an impact if a jedi-to-die sees him and cries out his name in fear and recognition.
    "Darth Vader!!"
    maybe Mace who knows.. by the time his name still echoes he could already be fighting or killing a Jedi. Wouldn't it be great???
  10. Jabachile Jedi Master

star 4
    I can picture Palpy saying:

"Come, now you will take your place by my side, young Lord Vader."
  11. StormHawke Jedi Padawan

I always figured someone would go to confront Palpatine--the chronologically first "direct" confrontation of Palpatine between the two trilogies. In my mind, whoever confronted Palpatine in EpIII would then be introduced to "My new apprentice...Darth Vader"

Just a thought...
  12. There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Knight

star 2
  13. StormHawke Jedi Padawan

It would also be interesting if the person introduced to "the new apprentice" was the one who killed the old one (Dooku)... very transitional and symbolic.
  14. cratylus Jedi Knight

star 2
    How about Leia in episode 4?
  15. Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Master

star 3
    How about it showing up as an echo of AOTC:

Scene of ruins of Jedi Temple full of the corpses of younglings, padawans, and knights. Obi-Wans arrives after the fact, checking the pulses, again.

Vader entering Sidious' lair on the outskirts of Coursant:

Vader (in JEJ voice):
    "Master, the Jedi Temple is no more"

Sidious: "Excellent, you have done well. Welcome, Lord Vader."

[Remember, "Not just the men, but the women, and the children too." We were shown women and children Jedi for a reason. Plus, we have to believe that Vader would be a mortal threat to his own infant children.]
  16. Jabachile Jedi Master

star 4
    I pictured Obi-Wan and Palpatine meeting on a Coruscant landing platform, Obi-Wan ready to fight, Palpy just standing smiling, speaking in his sarcastic tone:

Obi-Wan: I know it was you Palpatine. You've tricked many, but all the Jedi know now.

Palpatine: Master Kenobi, you are mistaken. I will not fight you for something I have not done.

Obi-Wan: You are Darth Sidious. You and Dooku are behind this. Where is he?

Palpatine (mock concern): Why, Master Kenobi, haven't you heard? Master Dooku has passed.

Obi-Wan: And you probably killed him.

Palpatine: I am shocked. I truly am...(evil look) Obi-Wan. Might I introduce a new student of mine?

A hooded figure walks out of the building.

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/anakin/g-59.jpg]

Palpatine: Obi-Wan Kenobi...(motions with hand to figure). My apprentice, Darth Vader.

Anakin reveals himself with a resentfull look at Obi-Wan.

TO BE CONTINUED....

;)
  17. obianikdart Jedi Master

star 4
    How could palpentine say : Lord Vader ?
    it doesnt make sense
    Its more like LORD VADER !
  18. Matthew_Wolverine Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Lucas may have given him the name Vader as a subtle hint to his true identity.

And I think the line could be spoken by anybody if it's spoken at all.
  19. Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I honestly can't see a one-on-one conversation between Palpatine and Obi-Wan. I just can't see how Obi-Wan would survive it one-on-one, unless he's got big-time backup.
  20. whenisit2005 Jedi Knight

i was reading MayimMaar's post and really couldn't find the spoiler part that you were talking about. all she did was post three names that we know are in star wars at some point and wanted to know the significance of the name "Vader". to me that's not a spoiler at all, it's a simple question.
  21. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think Palpatine will.
  22. Cow_Girl Chapter Rep Niagara ON, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    No doubt in my mind that it will be Palpy.
  23. CrazyB Jedi Knight

star 1
    Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't think the name Darth Vader will be used in Ep3. While we all know that Vader is Luke's father, if they come out and say that Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader, it kind of takes away the "I am your father" scene in ESB. If they do use the name Darth Vader, I believe that Anakin and Vader will be two seperate identities. Kind of like a Jekel & Hyde thing. After all Obi-Wan tells Luke that Vader betrayed and murdered Anakin. So it stands to reason that both were co-existing for a short time until Vader took over.
  24. Count_DoodooKuku Force Ghost

star 4
    I can just imagine Palpy saying to Anakin after he gets all messed up:

"You know Ani, you body is cinged to a crisp, You're bald as an eagle, your face looks like a bar of Dove went evil on you, and you lost an arm a few years ago to that old man I wiped out a few minutes ago. I don't know what to call you now. You have any ideas?"
  25. SITHlover Jedi Knight

star 2
    Perhaps it will be Vader himself, as in someone (obi-wan) calls him by his "old name" and he corrects him by saying Skywalker is no more, I am DARTH VADER.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.