main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ep VII Shot in Wales and nobody knew.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Sep 26, 2014.

1. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Awesome little update

2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Not Yavin IV. The forest planet and the snow planet are one in the same. The recent concept art that was leaked was this planet.

The rumor of Skellig Michael is its a watery world and the island is one of the only landmasses on it.

3. Nickname320

Nickname320 Jedi Knight

Jun 29, 2014
    Thousands of extras battling in a forest-like environment - instantly reminded me of the Battle of Alderaan 'Hope' CGI trailer from a few years ago. Lovin' the vibes that that backdrop would bring!

Interesting that they would choose a forest to set the battle in though, considering that this is the chronological successor to RotJ (Endor is still fresh on our minds). This might lend credence to the 'snow-forest' rumor, since I'm sure JJ and co. would want to mix things up. Still, the rumored scale of the battle might be enough to do that already. :D

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Thanks for confirming that. Looking forward with curiosity to see how the Welsh Marches appear onscreen as an alien world.

5. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I really, really hope it doesn't start with this.

Every movie has started with a ship flying by above or below. It's gotta start that way or else.

starocean90 likes this.
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I agree and I was just making fun of the hand rumor.;)

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  7. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  8. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    based on pics of Puzzlewood I wondered if it could be Dagobah just a non swampy part lol. I also wondered if Greenham common could be Naboo I doubt it thou and I doubt that it is Yavin IV. I Think it will be a whole new planet , it is a big galaxy after all. I can only see them returning to Tatooine. but I will say that Greenham common and puzzlewood is the same planet

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

yes. doable. done before in the prequels and numerous other shows.

10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Okay. I can see them having done this while shooting EpVII. Supposedly they did some shooting in Iceland during the spring.The majestic mountains and cliffs would be an incredible backdrop to the Skellig Island scenes with the stone huts that could pose as Luke's hideaway or the Sith world.