main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    *Resists urge to make a creeper comment about Rey finding a spare gold bikini at Jabba's abandoned palace and wearing it at some point in the ST*

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    It's because the alternatives involve the knees or hips being exceptionally ball-like to allow for more rotation... Thigh-swivels allow a ball-hinge thigh without making the thighs too bulbous at the top, and let the knees be double-hinged rather than ball-hinged. Hasbro still struggles a bit with the idea; Mattel did pretty well with the thigh-swivels on their DC Universe Classics line, while the MOTUC figures tended towards the ball-hips which limited movement IMO. So far I'm fine with how Hasbro's handled the 6" Black line, tho I only have a couple... They just need to up the accessory count! Han had extra hands, two belts, two blasters, then Jedi Luke only had his saber and a replaceable chest panel (for flap-up duel or flap-down post-lightning action). They could've thrown in extra right hands and soft-goods vest, sash, and cloak, or even Endor helmet, poncho, and removable belt.

Kinda figuring Rey will have a removable hat/hood, maybe even separate goggles, given her slicked hair. Kylo will have a hood, tho not sure if it'd be plastic or cloth (or a whole separate hooded head like Maul had)

3. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Kylo Ren: I think he is a double agent I think he's a well known name within the New Republic or whatever but secretly he's got this weird Sith obsession and is ultimately working for the Empire or the Bigger bad whoever that may be. Kylo Ren may be his real name he probably has a fake name within the New Republic
    I don't think his mask will become iconic like Vader's it's just to hide his identity from the New Republic, I don't think he'll wear it after his identity is revealed. so I don't think it's meant to evoke anything hence why it looks generic...but it does look pretty cool lol

whostheBossk and CarboniteSolo like this.
  4. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    I think Finn's legs are like that so he is easier to sit inside of toy ships perhaps ;)

5. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

With a movie coming out, and Star Wars about to crank back up, it is definitely time for some 6" scale ships. Luke's ANH Landspeeder, an X-Wing and a TIE would be a good start!

6. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    Is it an apple tree

Anyways don't figures have rotating thighs if they don't have rotating knees? Idk kinda stopped getting action figures a while ago

7. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    As amazing as that would be, an X-Wing in scale to these guys would cripple my bank account for sures!

8. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    I might really consider getting that landspeeder. I've always liked the design

I can see a set with Rey and her flash drive speeder maybe even BB-8

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  9. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    Oh wait, why are these such large figures? Will there still be 4 inch figures or are these the new sizes or something?!

10. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002

6 inch scale. The Black Series. Been out a while.

ETA: Yes, the 3.75 inch will continue as always. The 6 inch ones are a premium figure.

11. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    They have a huge Millennium Falcon at my local Wal-Mart it's over 3 Feet I haven't actually looked at it though to get the full dimensions but that's what it says on the box. There's also a pretty big X-Wing too!

12. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Ah, but neither of those are made to work with action figures. Add in working canopies, sturdier construction, opening panels, space for multiple figures (e.g. Luke and R2 in the X-wing), landing gear, missiles, etc would all add to the costs quite a bit. These are just big swooshable toys.

13. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002

The Big Falcon still isn't fully to scale with the 3 inch figs. To be scale to the 6 inch it would have to be the size of a small car. The big X-wing IS to scale, but can't be used with figures... which I don't get. Would an opening canopy have added that much to production costs?

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  14. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Agreed.

15. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    you ever seen what yoda wore under his dirty bathrobe? It was nothing at all like PT Jedi-wear. It was very similar to Luke's ROTJ "uniform".

As for Anakin in ROTJ, as I've said before, i always thought he simply appeared as he would have been if he had stayed on Tatooine and not become Vader. At no point, ever in the prequels did Anakin wear the outfit he had at the end of ROTJ. To me, He and Obi Wan were wearing tatooine outfits.

But... this is the action figure thread. So that will be the last i say of this matter. The argument is going nowhere

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    these are the double size figs though.

17. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Imperial Reject, what if he wears the mask, and doesn't need it, but then something happens to him in the third act and he is forced to wear it forever, after slightly modifying it.[face_thinking]

18. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    It's going no where because you're just making something up and acting like its fact. Why would Anakin be wearing the same robes as Obiwan if he stayed on tatooine? 1st off you didn't know he was from there before the prequels so... Uhm why did George make him wear jedi robes that were apparently worn by like everyone on tattooine? When it wasn't even written that he was from tattooine - even if that did make any sense. I'm pretty sure the point of his outfit was to reinforce and show Anakin as a Jedi so.... Ya I just don't have anything to say about it anymore.

The point of this is that people are saying Rey's clothes don't look anything like jedi robes and others are saying they at least have an influence, and others are saying it's just tattooine standard gear - I mean we don't even know if she's from tattooine or some other planet. So it's quite understanding why people would see some jedi influence. But if one can't tell the differences between obi wans outfit and uncle owens, then I can see those people not seeing the Jedi influence

VMeran likes this.
  19. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    The man becomes the mask

CarboniteSolo likes this.
  20. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    This is a 'preview wave' if i ever saw one. Trailer characters and Chewie (a BS fig this year=repack). I expect to see these on shelves this summer.

Also... as with most of the 'leaks' I think this was intentional.

21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    What you're feeling is called hasbromance

22. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    I guess we are in the territory of The Hidden Fortress again. Or, just like Lucas liked to recycle his script for TPM, these filmmakers like to recycle every old visual concept. Also, Kylo on Mustafar (?) gives once again Hamlet-like vibes of melancholy. Maybe the Sith lord is the ghost of his father.

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The helmet design looks like like a skull and German nazi helmet, much in vein of the Vader and the Stormtroopers. The Finn character looks to be sporting that same Lando ROTJ which was basically Han's outfit

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  24. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Wait, TFA action figures might be out this summer or just official previews?​

25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Kylo Ren's garb in the teaser looked figure hugging and slightly ragged and torn in places. Considering they've managed to perfectly portray the physiques in the other figures (Daisy's in particular) I find it strange as to why Ren's figure looks so bulky and fat? That's not the way he appears in the trailer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.