main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah, but I think they'd probably allow one wave for each new episode. They were talking about lifting the hiatus in 2015 - maybe they've known all along?

Holy crap. How did I not think of this? A million times yes. I still need to pick up an RotJ saber for Luke - I'd MUCH rather get an Episode VII Luke to add to the collection. I pity my wife come Christmastime that year.

LawJedi likes this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    ^ IMO new lightsaber toys are a given, both the toy and high end replica.

3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    So buy her a lightsaber too and if she doesn't like it try a Jedi mind trick :p

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How about an actual working Lightsaber? None of this plastic toy nonsense. The real deal.

Dak Oolron and jedinightwing like this.
  5. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd have to see what they offered, but I'd definitely pick up the "Main" characters from the 3 3/4" inch line which are still my favorite. I have 2 curio cabinets and 2 shelves full of vintage, POTF, and newer Star Wars stuff including games, models, books, etc. so its hard to justify much more. Or at least its hard to justify to my wife. :)

I remember during the prequels I ended up completing the whole set of Episode I figures (including Battledroid variants etc.), buying quite a few Episode II figures that I thought just looked cool, and then with Episode III I started my "primary character only" rule to keep myself and my wallet in check. That's probably how I will approach Episode VII, but I will definitely buy other toys that won't be displayed for me and my son to play with.

whostheBossk and Echo-07 like this.
  6. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I always like a bit of merchandise. Just something to celebrate EP VII. I have a cube from Episode I that when you look at it from one angle shows Vader and from the other angle shows little Ani. The merchandise I like is usually quite practical. Mugs, mousemats etc.
    Also I always get the 'ART OF..." books. I love the concept design phase of SW. So some of those for each episode will be most welcome.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Back to the beginning

8. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Based on the worry mongering mob saying they're so behind with casting/script/etc/etc/etc maybe we'll get one of these again

9. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I'll pick up the "Art Of" conceptual art book, if they follow tradition and release it. And of course the soundtrack (probably will be the first music CD I've purchased since ROTS lol), maybe a framed print if it's nice Drew Strewzan style work and not some Avengers-looking Photoshop job. And of course, the villains, assuming I like them - Sith, Imperials, bounty hunters, things like that. Might get a few core Jedi, probably pass on Artoo and Leia and Han and things like that. This thread takes me back to the good old days of 1999, working second shift at Kinkos in college, getting Darth Maul and Mace Windu Mountain Dew cans out of the machine in the breakroom. Prequel era collecting was so fun.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Struzan is not doing the posters and BLT Communications will indeed be doing them instead. Hopefully they will do something else for the soundtrack.

11. SnaggletoothPaste

SnaggletoothPaste Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm a big fan of the new Saga Legends and Mission Series figures, have every one of them released so far. Not only do they fit in seamlessly with vintage Kenner figures, they also fit in fine with post-1995 modern figures. I would love it if Hasbro's main 3.75" line of Ep.7 figures was done in that style...but on vintage-style cards, and not merely for nostalgia's sake. It was great being a kid and having those large, iconic photos on the cardbacks back in the Kenner days, and it's a perfect and simple way going forward to familiarize kids with a bunch of brand new characters (and old characters in new costumes). Meanwhile, Hasbro could concurrently keep the 6" and super-articulated 3.75" lines going for collectors who prefer those...everybody wins--cheaper figures for kids and carded collectors, premium figures for articulation junkies!

12. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'm looking forward to the Master Luke figures (particularly in the saga legends line so they match the Kenner figures) and all the new prop replicas (lightsabers in particular)

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    This thread reminds me how SW toys are the best toys in existence.

whostheBossk, Echo-07 and T-R- like this.
  14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    The best part about Star Wars toys is the fact that they are literally for all ages.

whostheBossk and Echo-07 like this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Especially the Legos!

J_Girl and TernianVII like this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, this is what I want.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Can't wait.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Unfortunately, home accidents for that would be through the roof.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    whostheBossk likes this.
  20. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    I don't know if this counts but I really hope we get a top-notch DVD/BluRay release. None of this "I have to buy four BluRays at four different stores to get all the special features" crap that we got with ST:ID. I want a proper 2-disc set done in the same style as the PT DVDs. That formula was perfect, so there is no need to change it.

Bob Octa likes this.
  21. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    J_Girl, Dak Oolron and Dewback like this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope we get a Blu-Ray release with a secrete Lightsaber compartment inside.

J_Girl and Dak Oolron like this.
  23. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I just hope I can relate to the action figures again. I couldn't relate to the PT action figures, and it ruined eight years of my life.

24. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I remember when those came out....I got bleach on the one I had somehow (tisk tisk).

jedinightwing likes this.
  25. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm torn between switching to the new 6" scale for the new "Disney" era (resisted so far but they do look great) or sticking with the classic scale. Either way I'll probably pick up the major characters in both. What I'm really dreaming of is Hot Toys Jedi Master Luke Skywalker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.