main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yes, and it's more detailed since it's the real thing, the cutout, you can see it greyed a bit, but they didn't do the full detailing.

I'm sure the one in the video is just as detailed as the one under cover will end up being.

These don't exactly look pristine either, but with the dark shading due to the back lighting, it's difficult to tell if it's full out scorching, though I assume it is.

[​IMG]

JJ is going for the beatup look we had in the OT... you can see plenty of scorching here...
    [​IMG]

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The OT X-Wings had chips, scuffs, oil marks and smoke stains. I'm betting that the blistered paint work near the cockpit on the FFC X-Wing was caused by a flamethrower, probably a warning shot to make the pilot get out.

3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I disagree.... I bet it was from blaster fire. The blackened areas on the OT X-wings are the same thing IMO.

To be honest... I bet a flame thrower wouldn't scare an X-wing pilot at all.. he'd just laugh and take off and then fire his quad blasters at the POS. ;)

4. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    You know it's a slow month when chinese toy factory is the closest comfort we'll ever get.

TK327 likes this.
  5. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

We know the lineup of LEGO's TFA sets. Not completely fruitless.

6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I would´t be too worried. These are the sets for 2015. The ones that will debut a bit earlier than the movie. They will show us very little. Basically what we saw in the teaser. Rey and her speeder bike, Kylo and his ship (probably not too different from a standard TIE), the MF, the TIE, the X-Wing and a Stormtroopers transport.

Wen September comes, we will see a hint of Lego line up for early 2016. And that will surely feature more TFA content. I would expect to see Luke on sets, Serkis, a duel, some of the superweapon stuff, and probably some content involving the ending of the film.

AdamSkywalker likes this.
  7. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

There is a patch of blistered paintwork just behind J.J. in the video, all of the other paintwork on the X-Wings is chipped or scuffed as it would be under normal wear and tear.

What if Poe had to make a forced/crash landing (as is rumoured) and the Stormtroopers got to him quickly? He could not take off if his X-Wing was damaged.

8. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    For 26.99 Euro I would be a bit miffed if all that was in the box was the red speeder and a minifig of her. Anakin's Jedi starfighter goes for the same price as does a three vehicle and five minifig City sets. At a stretch it could be her four engined ship, it's fairly basic after all.

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  10. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Maybe it will also include BB8

11. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

Maybe the flat bed speeder (bigger than the red one), Rey, injured Finn and BB-8? That would be getting there, throw in a probe droid as well...

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  12. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Eaxctly. For that price it won´t be a big ship on the box, that´s for sure. But I agree neither will be just Rey´s figure and a tiny speeder. That would cost less than 20€. The speeder won´t be too basic probably, or it will include some other stuff. But you can see the difference in price with an X-Wing and a TIE Fighter. Whatever it is on that box, it is not a big ship.

13. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I agree. I had never seen that X-Wing picture before. I downloaded all the Greenham Common pics when they first appeared and that wasn't one of them. Are there more of these ThreeDeathstickProblem?

14. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Me neither. What is the source of that pic?

15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

He's a professional photographer I seem to recall, there are more but you have to pay for them. From the thumbnails I would say that they are not as interesting or revealing as the X-Wing pic.

TK327 and ThreeDeathstickProblem like this.
  16. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    CrazyOldJedi and TK327 like this.
  17. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
  18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

He says on that tweet that he saw 'three X-Wings' yet his photo of the whole set only showed two - the ones we have already seen. However, as this appears to be early in the shoot (the Falcon is still in pieces) there is one cut-out visible so I'm presuming that's where he is getting confused.

TK327 and ThreeDeathstickProblem like this.
  19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  20. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Are those booklets with potentially revealing images within?

21. Teaser Day

Teaser Day Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    What is it? A model kit, a catalog or another thing?

22. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Did you get one???

23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

It would be hilarious if it was just a catalog of that generic TFA logo.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Contents inside.
    [​IMG]

25. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    That Revell display is hilarious, it's taking dummy products to the point of pointlessness. What does it tell retailers other than yes we are making TFA model kits...which can be achieved just as easily and less hilariously with a banner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.