main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Solo

Thomas Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    There may be a thread on this and if so, well it is what it is.

I'm in my 40's and was around during the first wave of Star Wars stuffs in the stores. There wasn't much available at the time. I remember the jawas being really REALLY hard to find as far as action figures went, but my mom got me one eventually (I was 7, keep it tight).

I also remember Ep I having way crazy too much merchandise on the shelves. The stuff is worthless now.

My question is this (and I think I know the answer already): Do we think that there will be an Ep VII overload on the shelves of Target? Did Hasbro, et al make out like swarthy bandits enough to justify another Ep I overload?

2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    There will be more toys than ever. Disney is going to milk this thing dry.

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i wish i had money for this stuff.

i have a few figs from all movies (a bunch of kenner from childhood and the main characters from the prequels.) but alas i may not be able to get any this time. sigh.

4. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I would hope Hasbro learned from the Episode 1 toy mistakes. There was just flat-out too much stuff, and much of it was crap.

Keep it simple for the ST. 3 waves of 10-15 figures for each movie, the most-featured small ships, one large ship (The Falcon, duh), a couple of small playsets or two, and one large "environment".

5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Yeah, Disney bought Star Wars knowing it could conceivably gross $1 billion at the box office, and billions more with merchandise.

[​IMG]

Suddenly the $4 billion Disney paid seems like a relative bargain!

TK327, markdeez, Palpatine77 and 8 others like this.
  6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    All I know is collectors such as Obi-wan Ranch are gonna have to buy a new wing for their collections or six wings...

Me, some more bookshelves... and finding a place to put them. [face_worried]

7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, between the old EU and the new books, I too am going to need some more book shelves. Space to put them, and money to buy those and whatever else I want to get.

Also one my biggest wishes to that Disney to realize that girls are Star Wars fans too.

8. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

What's a girl? jk

9. Ekhranomicka

Ekhranomicka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    $12billion, that's like a small stimulus package! And $27 billion...i don't think any franchise has made that much

10. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Honestly, I do not think there can be an overload, as every toy I seen during the prequel trilogy era differed in some way, added in some form and gave a little something new to your collection. I particularly liked the addition of microchips that you plug into some kind of device, and dependent on the movie character you purchased you could here some quotes from the film. That was a nice touch. I always felt like what I seen on shelves I wanted, and I would imagine that for truly ardent collectors it is a case of the more, the merrier.

11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Beings that watch Disney princess movies only?

12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013

This was just posted on jedinews.uk any how I listened to all 45 minutes out of curiosity (being a male who wants more female merchandise since I love it when women love Star Wars too, and if I ever have a daughter Id love for her to have Star Wars toys too) and they said phase one is iconic stuff to start things off, after phase one (never said when that is but one would presume closer to VIIs release) they do plan on Star Wars product aimed at females. ;) Not sure why Leia was included in their list of Iconic characters when Luke and Han where though...:oops:

They started talking about it sometime after the half way point... forget exactly when. It seems though many of the top Disney people making the toys are female, so they get your wishes. They also said they're working directly with LFL on the product to get the feel for each product right.

Dak Oolron and Lurknomore like this.
  13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    at least there's "her universe" now.

14. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

LOL, I know that's not true. My 9yr old hates Disney princesses! She won't wear a dress. We have hockey nets, basketball nets, and baseball equipment in the driveway for her, nothing pink or purple!

Andy Wylde and Iron_lord like this.
  15. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm kind of over toys now, so any EP7 stuff I get will be things like books and keychains, stuff like that.

16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I expect all the toys to have crazy varients with over the top weapons *that never show up in the movie* like this
    [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure those weren't in Captain America: The Winter Soldier [face_laugh]

Bob Octa, Dak Oolron and Darth PJ like this.
  17. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    Be careful what you wish for -- those weapons not seen in the movies may show up if you wait long enough. Remember, Filoni is basing some Rebels designs on OT toys. Thirty years from now when the kids who grew up with the ST first are entertainment decision-makers, we may get a "Rebels" type project that gives Episode VII-era Luke a super-Jedi-suction-cup-rocket-launcher out of nostalgia!

Artoo-Dion and Ryus like this.
  18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm probably more excited to see the episode seven toys than I am to see the movie itself. Ever since 1978, star wars toys have held a huge place in my life.

19. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Speaking of toys. It's another reason I think the lead will be a male. Star Wars is a male toy brand. Not many will buy a female toy. Not saying it's right,but based on demographics most toys will be bought buy boys.

Echo Base and Lurknomore like this.
  20. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    There are still Queen Amidalla dolls from episode One clogging up shelf space at dollar stores and flea markets even today.

Though of course Disney should make female figures and also market some toys to girls, they also need make sure not to overproduce stuff people don't want.

21. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005

I 100% get that you are saying it's not right & you personally don't agree with it so please don't take this as an attack, but you should really look up the #WeWantLeia campaign on Twitter. A TON of people was female Star Wars merch. More than even I, as a female fan, thought. It's big.

Back on topic, no Fast Food toys for Episode 7 because Disney doesn't do them anymore. We will get Subway promotions though. They do backpacks for their kids meals. Not going to lie, they are actually pretty cool. I have a few from Frozen, Maleficent, & Muppets-they hold up pretty well!

Dak Oolron, T-R-, Ryus and 2 others like this.
  22. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Give me my old bearded Luke action figure.

B99, whostheBossk, markdeez and 3 others like this.
  23. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

Well, I guess I'm going to be getting a kids backpack from Subway next year!

Ryus likes this.
  24. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    What about a decent Movie tie-in game? We had supoerbly done star wars games(all retconned out now) but actual movie tie.in games tend to suck.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  25. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Can someone recall whether there was a sneak peek action figure maybe 6 months prior to ROTS? Maybe they'll do the same. Or maybe I'm imagining things.

B99 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.