main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    What are you expecting, and looking forward to?

Will you be getting,any toys, or merchandise for the movie?

Do you think you'll be tempted to?

Are you looking forward to seeing the Falcon back on the shelves, or a new kind of X wing?

How about playsets, or figures?

Dak Oolron and whostheBossk like this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Leia with removable "severed" limbs. Hey... she's due. She comes from a long line of armless people.

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Luke's son with removable head. LOL [face_laugh]

But seriously, I got carried away buying stuff when the PT came. Up until then I really only collected Han Solo stuff. A few years ago I needed money and space and sold everything NOT Han. So, while I expect a ton of cool stuff for E7, I don't know what I will collect -- Han and maybe his offspring the new Solo. I think once I see all those new toys and collectibles I won't be able to control myself and will just buy everything . . . again. :oops:

J_Girl and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Well I have no idea what the new designs will look like but since I am all grown up and have money to spend on myself I want to see them go BIG. I want to see a true 1:18 scale Falcon and if they ever get back to OT stuff an AT-AT.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Dak Oolron like this.
  5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    The Falcon is on my mind too, but I don't see them ever going any bigger than the 2008 Legacy Falcon (which I'm currently staring at from across the room with the same starry eyed look that one reserves for their first crush).

6. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I remember back in the late 90's Toys R Us had Ultimate Millennium Falcons displayed over their SW section. Those were freaking badass and scale versions for the 3 inch figures. I think you could buy them for like a 1000 or something . . . a collector featured in Jedi Junkies had one. I would love one of those! I would love one of those Legacy versions too! Those a freaking sweet as well.

Dak Oolron and newdawn12 like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm first in line for a Darth Plagueis do-it-yourself resurrection kit!

MaggieSolo, jedinightwing and Ryus like this.
  8. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Hmm, I'll have to look up that Ultimate Falcon. There's a chap over on the rebelscum boards who has been working for years on a handmade perfect scale Falcon. It's nuts, and I don't know if he'll ever finish it.

9. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Ryus, Echo-07 and LawJedi like this.
  10. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
  11. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Whatever it is, I'll have two please. Preferably with free Amazon Prime shipping.

Dak Oolron, BigAl6ft6 and Echo-07 like this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I used to have a nice collection but I believe my parents sold them all after I left. They still haven't admitted to it and whenever I bring it up they get all silent and guilty looking. They sometimes even try to convince me that I only had a few things and they got lost (not buying it mom!! :p) Now I'm not that into collecting anymore but I know I'll be buying some of the merchandise for my boy. He's already talking about it and I've had to promise him I won't sell them all when he grows up.

13. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    How many people here had their parent steal their childhood for a few bucks and extra space in the house?

My mother sold my NES Super Star Wars games (and my NES, and about 200 games) to pay for a Nintindo 64... for my brother. Apperently mother logic of two consels in the house was no, so sell mine for new but gift it to my younger brother assuming he'll share... brothers logic was 'MINE'. Worse she signed the gift in her name... when I paid for it.

My dad sold the rest in a yard sale... several times. At least he knew what things where worth though, sadly though the second plus times weren't shame on me for not watching them but him getting into my mothers house and wanting a quick buck. Sometimes I think Vader was a better father, at least he gave his son a cool robotic hand. Id love to play with one of those, talk about best toy ever... besides maybe a lightsaber which have a tendency to yeild robotic hands 30 seconds after opening the package that is.

Still got a ton of micro-machines and SW:CCG cards... though oddly my black boarder Vader went missing the same day my brothers best friend got one. Though his dad swore he bought it for him, but paid in cash and threw out the reciept...

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I hate to be the one top break it to you, man, but . . . your parents . . . kept your stuff. They're closet Star Wars fans. They probably have this really cool SW room hidden in their house loaded with thousands of items, probably puts Steve Sansweet to shame. :p

J_Girl, Redimet, Dak Oolron and 3 others like this.
  15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I was big into the vintage collection (both the recent huge one and the smaller smattering back in 06,) and I'm really hoping they release figures in the same style for each new movie to keep up the completionist in me.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Dammit, I'm now seriously suspicious! Well, I know what I'm getting my parents for Christmas. A cruise so I can ransack their house and find the treasure trove of my cherished childhood memories that they stole from me!! :mad:

Dak Oolron and Echo-07 like this.
  17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    YES! The Vintage Collection is the best collection since the original vintage collection! However, I read on Rebelscum that LFL didn't want Hasbro to offer TVC for very long in order to keep it special. I'm not sure they will do more, but I agree that was great and I would love to see more.

Diggs likes this.
  18. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    We should all pool our resources and hire bounty hunters to find our missing toys. But No Disintagrations!:mad:

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Or just make it easier for ourselves and send them to a retirement home! :p

20. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I meant no disintagrations on the toys, disintagrate the parents. Saves us money for more toys and avoids Imperial entanglements. 8-}

21. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I'm not really a fan of action figures, but collect lovely statues like the Unleashed series. I hope the ST will have some of that too.

22. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Return of the Tie-Die T-shirts!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

23. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I am hugely into the toys and very excited for the possibility of episode seven toys, but not if Hasbro continues their recent backsliding (getting rid of articulation, cutting paint aps, shrinking the vehicles, etc...) Very frustrated with Hasbro lately, but the Black Series (3 3/4" - I'm not into the 6" line, myself) has a few nice figures in it.

I'm hoping E7 reinvigorates the Hasbro line, but I've been hearing some nasty rumors that I'm hoping aren't true and with their Rebels line dropping to 1970's style articulation, there's not a lot of reason to think things are getting better...

NewDawn12 - Where'd you hear the rumor that Episode Seven vehicles were shown?

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    12" Son of Jar Jar.

25. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I ran across this article today which says Star Wars merchandising was worth an astonishing $1.47 billion in the US alone in 2012!

When Episode 7 comes out I imagine this will increase 5 or even 10 fold.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1536691

Disney Princess, Star Wars, Hello Kitty Topped $1B Each In Licensed Merchandise Sales in 2012

34 Properties Sell $100M or More in U.S./Canada; Disney Accounts for 51% Of Total

PR Newswire
    NEW YORK, Oct. 21, 2013

NEW YORK, Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Thirty-four Entertainment/Character properties had retail sales of licensed merchandise of $100 million or more in the U.S. and Canada in 2012, according to The Licensing Letter (TLL), an independent trade publication. Disney Princess, Star Wars, and Hello Kitty top the list at $1.52 billion, $1.47 billion, and $1.08 billion, respectively.
    (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131021/SF01132LOGO)
    (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120402/SF79891LOGO)
    "With its acquisitions in recent years of Marvel and Lucasfilm, Disney now accounts for 51% of The Licensing Letter's estimated retail sales for the $100 million-plus properties," says TLL Publisher Ira Mayer. "With that firepower, Disney dominates retail shelves in many product categories. Its chief rival? Sanrio's Hello Kitty, which is ubiquitous in everything from stationery to microwave ovens, bicycles to soap."
    Average sales per title on the 2012 list were $429 million, up less than 2% compared to 2011.
    Analyzing the rankings:
    • Disney and its Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm divisions accounted for one-third of the titles on the list but more than half the revenue generated.
    • By far the biggest gainer was Rovio's Angry Birds, whose sales of licensed merchandise in the U.S./Canada alone increased 136% between 2011 and 2012, totaling $590 million.
    • New properties making the list for the first time in 2012 include Mattel's Monster High ($225 million); Disney's The Avengers ($201 million); Saban's Power Rangers ($180 million); Disney's Doc McStuffins ($114 million); and Hasbro's My Little Pony ($110 million).
    • Bubbling under: Characters The Licensing Letter expects to see on the next list covering 2013 retail sales include Disney's Sofia the First and other Disney Jr. properties; Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; Universal's Despicable Me; and A&E's Duck Dynasty.
    Note: This list exclusively reflects sales of consumer products that are licensed to third parties for manufacture and distribution, and where the manufacturer is paying a royalty on goods sold. TLL does not tally sales of products created through in-house divisions of the property owners, "content licensing" including mobile apps, web entertainment, and home video; or non-retail products such as events, theme park attractions, cruises, and similar. The retail sales figures do not include "core" merchandise manufactured and sold by the property owner (e.g., Barbie dolls or Transformers toys).
    Estimated Retail Sales of Top 10 Licensed Entertainment/Character Properties, U.S. and Canada, 2012 (Dollars in millions)
    1. Disney Princess, Disney, $1,518
    2. Star Wars & The Clone Wars, Disney/Lucasfilm, $1,467
    3. Hello Kitty, Sanrio, $1,080
    4. Cars, Disney/Pixar, $931
    5. Pooh, Disney, $929
    6. Mickey & Friends, Disney, $774
    7. WWE, WWE, $596
    8. Angry Birds, Rovio, $590
    9. Peanuts, Iconix/Peanuts Worldwide, $542
    10. Toy Story, Disney/Pixar, $530

jedinightwing likes this.
Thread Status: