main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ep1: what if Amidala shot Nute gunray?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by grievious, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    What if Queen Amidala killed Nute Gunray and his compagnon in the battle for the throne room, instead of 'just'arresting him? Would the she be punished from the republic side? And would the Sith be interrested in killing her? Would they still have tied to kill her in
    Episode 2, with the bounty hunters and the arena?

And what would be the consequences for the Prequel Triology, for Padme, and for the Trade Federation?

Please join this discussion, and together we will find the answer!

2. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    As we learn throughout the next few movies, Padme's pretty stupid.

Maybe she didn't truly care for human life, all the people Nute ordered to be killed. Yes, yes, that's it. I think she's a cyborg and was just following her programming rather than acting on emotion.

Imagine if the rebels flew into the death star somehow, got past all the stormtroopers, and tried to arrest tarkin. The man killed billions, it'd be stupid to even bother arresting him right? Just shoot him and call it a day.

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    She would reduce herself to his level.
    Padme represents the good and noble public servent. A woman of ideals, principles and the belief in democracy and justice.
    It would go against her character to shoot him unless it was in self defense.

Padme has conviction that the judicial system will take care of him and see that justice is served.
    That is her character.

-Seldon

4. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Then there would be even more threads about how coldhearted Padme is.

- O_F

5. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    If she actually shot Nute Gunray, Lucas would have to go back 25 years later and edit it, making Nute shoot first.

;)

-Seldon

6. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Seldon has it right, its just not in Padme's character.

7. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    You remember that Padme is a public servant? She couldn't shoot anyone. It's not in her character.

8. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    LOL!!! bacon164 !! good one! hyahyahyahyahya

9. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Bacon164

She's in public service so she doesn't shoot him? He let over a thousands of people die... give me one reason why she didn't shoot him.

10. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I was joking...

11. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    In the original, Lucas had Nute making sweet, sweet love to Padme. The background music was "Evil woman". It was a beautiful moment and I wish Lucas had left it in.

12. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Nute Gunray is far to much of a great character to be killed off in the first episode, I'm glad that he lived until ROTS.

Plus, Padme shooting him would be so out of character it's just not true. She's not Dirty Harry 'ya know? :p

13. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    "He let over a thousands of people die... give me one reason why she didn't shoot him."

Thousands of people? hmmmm.
    By the way she had no idea what the results were from the Gungan battle, that was on going when she confronted him.

She didn't shoot him because of her sense of justice and doing what is right. She is confident that the courts will take care of him. She isn't Anakin, and isn't out for revenge. Padme Amidala is doing what is right for her people and for all people under a democracy.

Once again, that is her character.

-Seldon

14. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    But she shot those poor, poor battle droids.

:(

15. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I think she's a cyborg and was just following her programming rather than acting on emotion.

Wait. So you're saying that Anakin did it with a robot?

[face_worried]

16. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    the correct term is 'fembot', Thrawn. ;)

:p

17. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I never liked Nute Gunray. Padme should have shot him. But maybe she felt that she would be a better person to outsmart him and discuss a 'new' treaty than flat out shoot him.

18. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    There was a scene left out. it was the one where nute said "if u strike me down, i wud become more powerful than u can ever imagine"
    But seriously, even if padme shot nute, another neimodian wud have just took his place. so its rather pointless.

19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well, it didn't seem like Darth Sidious had too much concern for Gunray's well-being, which probably meant he was expendable to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.