main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Ep2 DVD

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SarahSkywalker, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    It's entirely possible I'm the only loser who doesn't have the Ep2 dvd yet, but just wanted to let you know that Blockbuster is now selling it previously viewed for $14.99. I think the vhs is $9.99. For those of you leery of previously viewed, I've bought several from blockbuster and they have always been in excellent condition :)

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    *sigh* I still can't afford that right now... anyway, I'm not supposed to be posting while I'm at work... so I'd better get out of here now...

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Bad Janet. :p

Can't afford AOTC? And you call yourself a fan? SW before bills! Always! That is the Jedi code. ;)

4. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I have had problems with DVD's I've rented from blockbuster being scratched up. Make sure to take a good look at the disc before you buy it... ask for another if it has any visible scratches on the surface... repeat this process until you get one you like.

The poor girl behind the counter must have gone through something like 30 discs looking for a pristine one when Joseph bought Rush Hour 2 there... but in the end he got a good disc.

Oh, and make sure you're getting Widescreen (assuming you want that, and why wouldn't you?) because Blockbuster (at least up in Ottawa) had about half and half WS/P&S discs.

5. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Good point. I should clarify...I've always had good experiences with buying vhs.

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm just hoping that I get the DVD for Christmas... my VCR isn't the best quality.

7. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I got the DVD for Christmas, but I didn't notice till I opened it that it was the fullscreen version, not widescreen. :(

8. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm not sure if it's my dvd player or the DVD itself, but I can't watch half of the special features. :_| I'll have to try it in a different player and see if it works.

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Janet, posting back to back is actually agaisnt the rules of the Jedi Council. We have unlimited edit time here, so just edit your first post with your new comments. :)

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Ah, but then you lose the sense of time passing from the post dates.

I agree if its the same day an edit makes more sense than a new post, but when its been almost 4 weeks?

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    My apologies. I didn't look closely at the dates. A new post in that instance is good if for no other reason than to up the thread so people see the new comment.

12. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I thought it was cool that we see"I hope I get it for Christmas" and "I got it for Christmas" a post later...I nearly laughed out loud :D

13. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    I had promised I'd bring the VHS down to the states, so I HAD to buy a copy the day before and I ended up getting fullscreen cause that's all I could find :p

14. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    It didn't really make a lot of sense to me to edit the post, since it HAS been a while from the last one. Besides, I'd forgotten that I was the last one to post. I didn't read the post on there before I hit reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.