main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EP3 DVD-ROM site not working, and no buzz?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by therealpalpatine, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealpalpatine

therealpalpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    There seems to be a lack of buzz surrounding the problems with the Episode III DVD accessing the dvd.starwars.com site.

This suprises me, given how many Star Wars fans are no doubt owners of the DVD and therefore not being able to access the bonus features on the website would annoy for sure.

If by some miracle you have managed to access the DVD-ROM website content, it would be awesome if you could tell me how you did it, particularly if at one time you could not access it.

I've seen someone else posting about this issue in another forum, but the last time I checked the only replies were from people having the same problem, no solutions were offered.

For the record, I meet the three requirements to access the site, that is, I have the DVD, a DVD-ROM equipped PC, and flash player 10.

There is a file on the DVD site, and it is a Macromedia Director file. I tried loading it in the trial version of Macromedia Director and the program reports an error, which the DVD site used to also report.

Now what happens is I get kicked back to the previous webpage (where you select which DVD you have in your PC).

It's really quite annoying. They used to use Interactual Player, which even though never worked perfectly, at least you could access the content. Now they use a Macromedia Director file which is protected against modification, and as the file has an error (apparently) I guess it could be quite some time before it ever gets fixed (which I doubt).

2. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    II didn't work for me either mostly, but atleast I could actually do a few things on the site.

Ep3's dvd site does not co-operate with my pc whatsoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.