main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EP3 Obi-Wan pic. (Mace Windy safe)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi_Jessica, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jessica

Jedi_Jessica Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2003
    Just so Mace Windy Doesn't get his undies in a twist ;) , here's the link to the official site pic(not the 3SA forum). I just wanted to make sure that this topic was still open for us to discuss and speculate about.

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/11/news20031105_1.html

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    they're doing a good job combining AOTC-Obi with ANH-Obi.

That's kind of a weird pic, it almost looks like Fauxbi-Wan the dummy. Not really like Ewan McGregor at all.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I love how they are completely making Ewan look like an aging Obi-Wan character as opposed to making him look like, well, Ewan. Of course, Ewan never looks the same in any two films so it's to be expected. But this picture makes me very happy because it really shows that they are truly working toward EpIII being a 'bridge' between the two trilogies. I think you can really look at that picture and see that man being the Kenobi we see in ANH 20 years later.

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Definitely. I love it! He looks so.... adult!
    He also looks very grim, BTW. That certainly fits the Obi-Wan character as it evolves from TPM to ANH.
    Wait a minute! The magazine says "Ewan McGregor on fans, fame and nude scenes"
    [face_shocked] What´s happening to Star Wars?

EDIT: Did you notice his lightsaber? And the brown under-tunic?

5. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    The picture looks good. Although I kind of miss the mullet, Ewan is continuing to look for and more like Sir Alec in ANH.

Oh, and don't worry about me getting my "undies in a twist." I am not wearing any.... :p

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

6. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    Ahem: Obi-Wan does not have a mullet in AOTC.

7. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Yeah, I know; I've read the threads in the AOTC forum.

I knew somebody would call me out on that....but if I don't call it a mullet, I have no idea what to call it!

I don't know hair. :p

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

8. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    This is a great photo. Did you notice the red backround. Lava?

9. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    Windy: Hmm.... You could call it a mop-head! ;)

jedibri: I would rather see it as the fire of war. I guess that´s the reason he cut it short.

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I miss the not-mullet. :( Good picture, though. Circumstances have obviously aged him a lot.

11. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I like Ewan's new look. It definitely bridges the gap between the OT and PT.

That line about nude scenes is scaring me. I know that you ladies probably wouldn't mind a scene like that, but I'm not particularly interested. ;)

12. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I like the pic. He looks very "Ben".

13. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Its seems to me that in AOTC Obi Wan had long hair and in Ep. III he'll have short hair. Not sure about Anakin though or not sure if I can mention anything about Anakin (as it maybe spoiler material). Its been 4 weeks since I have avoided spoilers, in anycase.

Did the OS have an updated Anakin pic for all to see? Im not even sure about that.

14. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    The long hair is called a shag. Although that has other implications, if you've seen Queer as Folk or Austin Powers....

15. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    Its seems to me that in AOTC Obi Wan had long hair and in Ep. III he'll have short hair.

What an insightful analysis of the pic, openmind!

I picture that Obi-Wan will be a more fatherly character(for Anakin) in EpIII than before and the new look will certainly help bring that to the screen. In AOTC, he was more of a long-haired friend to Anakin who didn´t really control the situation. Now, he will be more stable.

16. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Hey, thanks for your kind words Lars_Muul. :)

I also agree with you there about a more "stable" Obi Wan. Nice.

17. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    Wait a minute! The magazine says "Ewan McGregor on fans, fame and nude scenes"
    What´s happening to Star Wars?

That line about nude scenes is scaring me. I know that you ladies probably wouldn't mind a scene like that, but I'm not particularly interested.

The nude scenes don't refer to star wars .. Ewan has done multiple other movies with nude scenes (I should know my friends and I had an Ewan marathon in highschool and saw most of them)

18. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
  19. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    openmind: You´re welcome :)

katha: We´re aware of that ;)

ForceMaster101: Good call!

20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree, this picture DOES perhaps show that they're working hard on making Ep. III kind of have BOTH trilogy styles, to bridge the gap!

Notice Obi-Wan's outfit colors-the light tan-cream, with the brown undertunic...even the material it's made of, is a bit thinner, and completely matches his outfit in ANH. Notice his lightsaber, the EXACT same design as in ANH, only cleaner and newer looking(smart)

And of course his hair...the same style, shorter, parted at the side, beard trimmed short, and going grey... The ONLY difference, is that in ANH, Obi-wan's outer tunic is longer-down to his knees, whereas this one is longer than his Ep. I and II outfits, but not QUITE that long.

Very good look-he looks VERY believable as the Obi-Wan we see in Episodes IV - VI...

21. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    [DELETED FOR REDUNDANCY]

I like how his hair is getting lighter in each film. In Episode I, it was brown, in Episode II, it was sort of a reddish-brown, and here, his beard is almost blonde. Ordinarily, I'd say it looks ridiculous for his hair to be so many different colors, but now I see where it's going. He loses color with every film, and is even beginning to go grey/white in this one, which is the perfect progression towards the white-haired Obi-Wan from ANH. In fact, if you look close, you can see in old Obi-Wan's beard a few hairs that aren't perfectly white, but a very light brown or possibly dirty blonde. Looks just like Ewan's beard.

22. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Insert obligatory Austin Powers joke here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.