EP7, Do's & Don't's

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Thought this could be fun. List one "Do" and one "Do not"you like to see in VII. Keep then related:

Do have the falcon return

Do not have the Naboo fighters

Redundant. We already have threads for what do/don't you want to see.
    Last edited by Jedi Merkurian, Nov 3, 2012
  2. TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Do not build the plot around an event that you need to occur.
    Last edited by TheMasterOfSoresu, Nov 3, 2012
  3. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Do have the film still have the inspiration of the old westerns and sci-fi shorts of old

Do not make the film a pure kids movie like TPM, but instead have it be a film for all ages.
  4. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Do have Lightsabers

Do not have the double blade. We seen it. Do a new idea
  5. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    Do not overdose in CGI (like that'll happen)
  6. ezekiel22x Force Ghost

star 4
    Have a Gungan in there somewhere.

Do not have a xerox of a xerox-type character that is supposed to be some combination of Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Abrams' Captain Kirk, Firefly captain, etc.
  7. GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Master

star 1
    do: art through adversity

don't: centralized management
  8. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Do want to see Ep. VII

Don't want to see two hours of George Lucas laughing and counting his money.

:p
  9. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Do want to enjoy E7.

Don't want to be too disappointed.
  10. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Do want to see (perfectly aged) young Jedi protagonists (with Skywalker/Solo name) with previously established, deep back story.

Don't want to see new young Jedi protagonists with Skywalker/Solo name with no previously established back story. (But will accept it regardless.)
  11. BobbySharp Jedi Padawan

Do: The principal CT cast members return, although not necessarily in roles that center around them.

Don't: Bounty Hunters. I love 'em and had enough of 'em.
    Don't: Clones of anyone. Same reason as above.
    Don't: Sith. Don't hang me here but with the deaths of Vader and Palpatine, the book should remain closed on these guys for a while. Let's see a new threat or challenge. It's a big galaxy, be creative.
    Don't: Older Jedi. The Order should take a long, long time to rebuild. I wouldn't mind seeing Luke with just a handful of younger Jedi.
    Don't: An unmarried Luke. I like the idea of Luke going back to the traditional Jedi ways.
    Don't: Leia as a Jedi. I'd like to see her with Han instead of a Jedi. We should see her as able to wield some Force abilities, but not a member of the Jedi Order but rather a statesmen for the restored Republic.
    Don't: Boba Fett or Mandalorian anything. Again, I like 'em but it's time to move on.
  12. Jair Crawford Jedi Master

star 1
    Do:

- Want John Williams to score the new movies.
    - Want to see the 'big 3' but in more mentor type roles.
    - Want to see Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker, as a mentor.
    - Want to see Luke use some Electric Judgement. Lightning without the hatred.
    - Want to see some Jedi Force Ghosts. Yoda and Obi-wan are always welcome as long as there isn't too much of them. Maybe even some dialogue between Luke, Leia, and their father. Qui-Gon is welcome as well.
    - Want to see the start/development of a new Republic and a new Jedi Order
    - Want to see a new threat. New darksiders with new philosophies different from Sith.
    - Want to see a character clarify that Midichlorians are NOT the Force. Qui-Gon's explanation was a bit off and easily misconstrued.

Don't:

- Want someone else to score the music.
    - Want to see Palpatine come back from the dead and ruin the significance of the ending of ROTJ.
    - Want to see Luke turn to the Dark Side EVER for the same reasons as stated above.
    - Want the colors to be so saturated. CGI could be believable if the colors aren't so bold.
    - Want to see the Sith. Darksiders, sure. But the Sith order was destroyed in ROTJ.
    - Want to see as much politics as the PT. Some, sure, but not as much.
    - Want any overbearingly annoying characters with too much screen time. I have nothing against the Gungan species and wouldn't mind seeing them, but they have to be kept under CONTROL. There was just TOO much in TPM.
    - Want any love dialogue written by George.
    - Want to see any ridiculous Force powers like Flow Walking... I mean, come on. Just... no. Midichlorian Manipulation is powerful enough. lol

Thats all I can think of for now.
    LWSwann likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.