main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Epersode III Is AWSOME !!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Hijac, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hijac

Hijac Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    The best out of the 3 prequals, full on action, not to grafic,fantastic effects. All in all this wraps up the saga perfectly, cannot waite to see it again.

2. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    First hour = ATOC quality

Second Hour = ROTJ Quality

Last 3 minutes = EMpire Strikes Back Quality

When That Helmet came down and sealed reslulting in the first Cooooo..Paaaaah, I was 8 years old again.

For me the moment that ties in the two trilogies is hearing James Earl Jones's voice say "Where is Padme?"

After that there were no trilogies, there was a saga.

3. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    I enjoyed it, for the most part. If I wasn't with a bunch of blokes I would have cried. Man there were some scenes in there.... the chaos of order 66... that was gripping stuff. And Hayden didn't do such a bad job this time either.

I didn't enjoy the part where I drive to a mate's place to drop some ppl off, have my car die on me, **** around for an hour in the cold fixing it, drive home finally and get a ****ing red light camera flash at me for creeping over the bloody line on the maribyinong / mt alexander rd intersection. I am calling the police up the next day to protest. Not fair.

Overall, another typically mandalorian, amusing night.

4. Jedi_Jess

Jedi_Jess Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    haha.....yeah thats gotta suck

Yeah it was awesome....Absolutly

Though I have serious issues with General Grievous really didn't like that character at all...

I was loving all the little tie ins with the original trilogy

5. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    The beginning of the Purges was so alarming...and the temple. I can't believe that padawan got all the way out to the landing pad and then went down like a hero while bloody Bail Organa ran away like a nancy boy!

And Kit Fisto went down like a biatch...that was sad.

But ****, I was excited the whole way through. I loved it. I cried dammit, and I don't care, it was emotional.

6. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    I hear ya Skate! J_J I thought Grievous was bloody sensational!! His neanderthal movements crossed with a spider like frame, the feline eyes and that spluttering cough (like my car last night :p) made this character the best CGI character in le saga in my mind.

7. Brunhilde

Brunhilde Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    I wrote about my night ans what I thought here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/shockwavepulsar/3311.html

Basicly, I liked it.

8. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    It was awesome.

I think I saw you, Damir. But you didn't see me.

The opening 20 minutes was better than Episode I & II combined. I don't know why they even bothered - Episode III would have sufficed.

Hayden was actually decent. Pity the same can't be said about Natalie, but you get that.

But I hated the suited Vader scene... the whole "NOOOOOO!!!" thing was a bit much. Stupid.

And Yoda was hilarious with the red gaurds. And so was R2.

Totally Huggardic.

9. Obi_Frank_Kenobi

Obi_Frank_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Episode III was truely amazing, it was what the true fans wanted to see. No other star wars film had engadged me so much, i couldn't have asked for any better. I was happily suprised by R2's comedic role as Jar Jar was canned. The fight scenes were truely amazing! Lightsabers, blasters and all.

The movie had it all, i held back tears at points and laughed at others, the movie was truely captivating.

George Lucas is truely a legend, and Star Wars will live on forver...

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    BoogieMan, Damir, I didn't see either of you. For shame.

I'm still gathering my thoughts on the whole thing, but the general reaction is bloody fantastic. Wasn't a huge fan of Grievous' voice, but the character himself I loved. The Death Star made me nerdgasm, if only because it means I can gloat about being right that the Death Stars were being built almost as soon as Palpatine had the plans for them. More thoughts as they pop into my head at random.

11. __angel__

__angel__ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2003
    Hello people, remember me?? I missed this place ...

Episode III is without question the best of the new episodes. I absolutely loved it, and was nearly crying when that little padawan went down like that, and after Obi-Wan and Anakin's battle and when Darth Vader asked 'Where is Padme?'

If only the other two had reflected the same quality! But I think Ep III more than makes up for both of them.

12. Jedi_Jess

Jedi_Jess Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Jet-Eye
    He by far is Grievous by far is awesome CGI....
    Just on first view he didn't take my fancy.
    I will be seeing it a few more times without a doubt, my opinion might change.

Alot of people I know were disappointed not to see Han....I dont get why....doesn't really have a place, token throw in.

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    What the hell would han have to do with anything?

14. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    I'm still figuring out what Chewie had to do with anything, other than showing (very indirectly) how he became to be a slave.

15. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah but he was only mentioned by name once so it didn't really matter. He could have been almost any background wookie.

16. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Han quite obviously would have been piloting the Falcon through the quagmire that was the Corsucant skyline in the opening scene in an effort to escape the carnage on return from his latest drug op - all at ten years of age! Means he won the ship off Lando when he was a little scrawny kid of eight, or thereabouts. Who said Anakin had talent? Give that man a New!

I did see the Falcon land on Coruscant just after the battle though, or a clunky old freighter identical to it...

17. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    I think everyone saying 'Oh look, there's the Falcon! Han must be there, crazy highflying child drug smuggler that he is!' is being a bit excitable. I mean, from most accounts that model of freighter is the Datsun 120Y of the GFFA. Every surly teenager who wanted to cruise around for chicks gets one when they get old enough to fly...

18. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    PulsarSkate posted on 5/21/05 7:17am
    ...I mean, from most accounts that model of freighter is the Datsun 120Y of the GFFA...
    [hr][/blockquote]

Actually, the YT-1300 freighter line made by CEC were quite rare by the time of the Original Trilogies, having been obsolete by about 3 or 4 decades. The [i]falcon[/i] was considered an interesting antiquity by many pilots seasoned and raw alike, and the model of ship was far from ubiquitious.

To be fair, there may of been more of them rolling about circa ROTS, but they still wouldn't rival the all-pervading Datty 120y. ;)

19. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Maybe it's more of a Valiant.

20. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Kingswood maybe? o_O

And maybe you're right PoT, the Datto is maybe more of the xwing equivalent? :p

21. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    I'd suggest PoT doesn't have a clue what a Datty is given his mecurial disinterest in all things mechanical..

22. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Maybe it's more of a lets-throw-this-in-for-the-fanboys-because-i'm-cool type thing that george is excelling at lately.

23. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Hi everyone!

I kinda dissapeared of the edge of the known universe for a while and I'm sorry I did. I have no real good excuse for not posting. I stopped posting on many regular forums of late...

So yea, Episode III. Saw it on the Thursday morning 9.30am session at Crown. Gotta say, absolutley fantastic. So much depth, anger, darkness and solid heart wrenching scenes! The score! The effects! Gosh. I was in awe. Now, I shall wait one week and see it again.

I still can't get over the end fight with Anny and Obi. That was just totally shattering stuff!

24. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    How can you wait a week?

At the expense of sounding like a sad nerd I've seen it twice and I'm already looking for an excuse to see it again.

25. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    A week enables me to regain a solid amount of anticipation. Then I can go back in and bam! Get socked in the privates again with the onslaught of awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.