main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ephant Mon discontinued!!?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by bitterlt, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bitterlt

bitterlt Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I was looking at an Ephant Mon on e-bay today and one of them said that hasbro discontinued it already. Is this true, or is this just some scalper full of a bunch of BS trying to get people to pay a higher price for it?

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Probably BS, but who knows.

Either way, I already got mine last week at TRU. :D

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I agree with Sithy, BS. Even so, I got mine from TRU online a few months ago. I still havent seen one in stores yet though.

4. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    You'd think one us would have heard something about this at a news site like Rebelscum or Yakface, so I'm assuming this is just BS so he can get more bids.... [face_plain]

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, no discontinuing Ephant Mon until I get mine! ;)

EDIT: Spelling

6. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I still havent seen him yet at retail! And I'm not going to pay $20 for him ;) So if they discontinue him I'll have to personally hunt down whoever made the decision to do so 8-}

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "I agree with Sithy, BS. Even so, I got mine from TRU online a few months ago. I still havent seen one in stores yet though."

Actually, I'm pretty sure of how I was able to get mine...

You see, I went out on the 27th of December --two days after Christmas-- and all of before Christmas the TRU employees had sorta let the customers do what they wanted with the merchandise and the boxes and such were pushed all over the place and the shelves basically just looked like a mess.
    Well, after Christmas the TRU employees had straightened EVERY shelf, and all the boxes and toys were pushed to the "edge" of the shelves, and everything was neat and straight.

I found the Ephant Mon sitting on the very front of a peg (not pushed to the back), as were many other sort of "rare-ish" figures. My guess is that as TRU employees were straightening and organizing all the other toy racks in the store, Ephant Mon and other figures were found hidden behind other toys and the employees returned them to the correct section.
    I mean, after all, there's no way a SINGLE Ephant Mon could have survived the Christmas season sitting on the front of a peg.

Oh well, just my hypothesis. :)

8. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I know I would do that sometimes when I was working at TRU. I'd find a "rare" figure hidden away somewhere, either the top bins, or in another section all together, and I'd put that puppy right on the very front peg for all to see. I did that with the Saga Yoda when it was fairly rare, as well as the Unleashed Vader/Padme when they were as well. Just as an example.

BushiFox, the Foiler of Scalpers.

9. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    OK, first of all, more than half all ebay Star Wars listings are "rare." You'd be amazed at how many "rare" Clone Pilot auctions there are out there [face_plain]

As far as Ephant Mon goes, I was able to find one at retail...at KMart of all places. I believe the assortment he was in will end up getting squeezed between the last 2002 assortments and the first 2003 assortments. If you pass him up at retail, it's your own fault. Buy him once you see him.

But if you aren't able to find him, wait a lil while. Let the focus turn to other "rare" 2003 figures, and prices for Ephant will settle to a more reasonable rate. Heck, a dealer I know traded a $10 vintage figure to me in exchange for the second Ephant I bought when I saw him.

Good luck tracking down the big guy. He's worth every penny!

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    BushiFox: Way to go, man! I need people like you working at my TRU. :D

11. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Heck I never saw him at retial. Just used Ebay.

But that is probably 99% scalper BS.

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It`s just out of stock

13. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I think the ebay guy meant that eventually the figure would be discontinued. ;)

14. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah I have 636 rare figures. Anybody want to buy one?

15. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I got Ephant Mon at my local Wal-Mart back in November,but I haven't seen him anywhere else since. More will turn up later.

16. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Yeah I have 636 rare figures. Anybody want to buy one?

:confused: youd think a mod knows the rules :confused:

did you mean to add a ;) to the end ?

17. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Its not fair that I can't find Ephant. I have wanted him for a long time and I was one of the ones who campaigned so hard for him to beat the stupid Twi'lek massuese. Thank god she didn't win.

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Master-Fett: Time to learn the art of being subtle... Yet again. :p

Silly 11 year-olds. ;)

19. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    He He Sithy, MF will get there Eventually :D
    Subtlety is Not Everyone's strong suit [face_mischief]

20. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    :mad: [face_blush]

Silly 11 year-olds

TWELVE !!!!!

21. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Have Faith, most are still sitting cases in WM, KM, Target, insert mega-mart here. They have just stoart showing up in greater though not huge numbers in my area.

Also, NEVER believe anything you read on eBay about a current item. 10 times out of 9 they either have no clue or are just saying something to drive up the price. NO! YES! shock!!!

I found an auction for a "vintage Star Wars ship" the other day that was actualy a Viper from Batttlestar Galactica. If you don't know what BG is then you are too young to be here anyway :D

22. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    10 times out of 9 they either have no clue or are just saying something to drive up the price.

[face_laugh]
    Don't you mean 9 times out of 10. ;)

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Silly 11 year-olds

TWELVE !!!!!
    "

SOMEONE HAD A BIRTHDAY! :D :p :D

24. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    WOW! Xizor graced us with his presence! Don't be a stranger Xizor. And yes, I agree, you should never believe anything at ebay. Most people put "Rare" or "Hard to find" in their auctions to attract more bids. I too feel like the Ephant Mon is just a myth, but hopefully I will get mine in the mail soon... until then, I won't believe the figure exists. ;)

25. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Now if only he would make an appearance here in Iowa. It's almost as if all of the Taun We figures are taunting me when I go figure hunting for Ephant or anyone else for that matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.