Epic Duels Rule Question (for buffs!)

Discussion in 'London, ON' started by Lelila, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay :) Robert came up this week and we decided to play some game of Epic Duels. While we were playing last night, a rules question came up and I want to know what you all think about it.

The question is...Can you discard cards as an action?

According to the instructions and the Quick Guide Card, you must perform two actions which can be (1) Draw a Crad (2) Play a Card (3) Heal a Character.

At this point you're wondering why you'd want to discard a card and have it count as an action at all.

Here's the scenario that prompts me to ask the question (I'll simplify it from the actual situation in my game). The only time that discarding cards when you don't have to would ever be an advantage is when you are playing Anakin. At that point in the game, I held two cards, one regular Padmé and Anakin's Calm (move up to 8 spaces, then if you have no cards left, draw 5). Padmé had been killed and Anakin was at full health. I wanted to get rid of the Padmé card for my first action and then play Calm so I could draw five more.

So, this leads to the more specific question, Can you discard a minor card to heal a major character even if that major character is already at full health? Of course it could have been any other card that I wanted to discard (for example an Anakin card that was impossible to use at that moment) so the original question still stands.

I'd love to know what you guys think about it, because in Anakin's case it's a very important quesion and could change the game.
    I'm posting this question in London, Niagara and Toronto because I know that's where the buffs are, but if we could all reply in the Toronto thread, we'll avoid duplication!
    Really hope you can help me figure this out!

Also (unrelated), we were surprised that when you are playing more than one character, you can actually discard defeated major character cards to heal minor characters.
  2. The_Last_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 2

I posted in Toronto, Lelila. You might want to check it out.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.