main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Epic Fantasy Film Looking for VFX Artists

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DanielKnight, Mar 27, 2013.

1. DanielKnight

DanielKnight Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Hi guys,

It's been a long time since posting here, and after a few false starts we've been and able to complete shooting on Troll Bridge after raising $82,000 on Kickstarter. Considering it's a not-for-profit fan film, we are all pretty happy and have been able to shoot some pretty cool stuff for it.

Flashback War Shoot

New Zealand Location Shoot

Green Screen Studio Shoot

This film has been a super long journey for me and after a decade of work, I'm very proud to say we have a locked edit on our theatrical cut, and once again we're looking for artists of all talents and experiences to get involved and help us cross the finish line. Given the sheer amount of digital character animation, bigiature composition, matte enhancement, etc, ahead of us, we can certainly use all the help we can get.

Some of our more important post-production slot are already filled, but we'd still love to hear from you (even if you've contacted us in the past - please remind us, we'd love to catch up with you)! If you want to email some of your work and experience through to info@snowgumfilms.com it will reach both me and the producer. It's a pretty awesome team you'd be working with, and I think we've attempted something pretty ambitious - so hopefully it'll get a decent audience.

Thanks for listening guys!

Kind regards,

Daniel Knight

2. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    Wow, I know this post is a few months old now but I think it deserves more views/opinions.
    The production value looks pretty high!

Nice work! I'll keep an eye on this :)

3. rincewind86

rincewind86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2013
    is this cohen???!!!!! OMG OFC!!
    i would love to be part of this in any way...i just saw the previewpicture from the youtubelink and just thought .."this looks like cohen"
    then i have read the post and will see to get in contact with you guys...if this is still valid ofc.

I am media designer / videoeditor, dabbeling in animations for my entertainment and love Terry Pratchetts work sooo much.
    my dabbeling (and it is not much more right now) can be found on youtube,too.

The music and new zealand location shoots are awesome. iam astonished, total lotr feeling ^^

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Wow! Just... oh HELL YEAH!
    I'm afraid I can't offer my help on this project (I'm not an effects guy), even though I would've loved to work on it. I do love me some Discworld, and I can't wait to see this!
    Is sir Pratchett aware of this film?

5. Mithrawnurodo

Mithrawnurodo Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2005
    As a huge Terry Pratchett fan, I am very interested in this project, it looks extremely professional and faithful to the source material. Can't wait to see it!