main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** EpII LineUp Thread ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    A few of us gathered on February 2nd, prior to the Toronto/YJN hockey game, to discuss the lineup and what we intend to do for it this time round.

We talked for hours about what worked with the previous line, what we needed to work on, and what we wanted to get out of the next lineup.

Mostly we talked of abstract generalities, but there were some interesting ideas that came forth.

But it occurs to me that time is slipping by and it's time to shift into gear; move from abstract generalities into concrete realities.

We want you!
    We need people who are willing to help out with the line. Everyone involved with the line will have a say in what happens and what decisions are made, but we need some folk who are willing to do a little bit more than everyone else and who wish to take on some of the behind the scenes grunt work. People willing to make phone calls, willing to run assorted errands, willing to take an active role in planning out the events and making them happen.

There are a number of areas where we'll have some tasks that need doing. Help with any charity work we might take on, help promoting the line and dealing with media, and especially help during the actual day to day events of the line.

Basicly we need to form an ad-hoc committee for the organization of the line. I've an idea of some of the folks I'd like to be on that committee, but I wanted to throw it wide open to see who is willing and who is able to take on the role.

So who's up to it?

2. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    Count me in, Tragic. Use me however you need to, you brute! :)

3. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    "Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin', into the future..."

As always I'll offer what help and time I can. Obviously I won't be able to do as much leg-work as some, since I'm now living out in Ottawa a great deal of the time, but I'm willing to do whatever I can.

Actually, I should know more about my schedule after Friday. Carleton releases it's final exam schedule then so I'll know when during April I'll be in Toronto and when I'll be busy studying or writing exams in Ottawa.

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    ...and working on the website, right David?

5. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Well of course working on the website falls into what I will, and have been, doing.

As I recall you also had some stuff you were going to do for the site.

6. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    As I've said, I'd be willing to do anything that doesn't require donation of limbs. ;) Hey, I've even booked off the time from work already.

Cris~

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
  8. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    I swear that i will be out to participate in this stuff eventually...but life is sooooo bloody hectic i will be lucky to get out for EP2.
    I will try my damndest though...just so i dont miss the clowns...erm...clones.

9. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Perhaps my above post, ... , was not descriptive enough.

I am very committed to the Line up and hope we can get things going again.

TheGrandPoohbah, have you found out about your exam schedule?

10. Lynora

Lynora Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2001
    I am here if you need me for anything...

11. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, it's a little spread out. And I won't be done until April 29th, so hopefully I'll be back sometime on the 30th, for the summer. Before then I'll probably only be able to make it back for a while.

Times I will or may be back:
    There's reading week, next week.
    Possibly a weekend during March, if so, possibly Easter.
    Sometime during April 5th - 11th. (but studying)
    <<exams>>
    After April 30th.

12. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Two things:

1-If nothing get's done in time (up here I mean) do you mind if I join you... I know I'm not really from Toronto, but please, I need a pep fandom activity

2-How about Mike Bullard.. I mean Open Mike, the show, why not get them to invite Rob and Hayden on the same night woudln't that be cool :)

Ho and don't forget I will probably have to eat my shoes with ketchup since it seems AOTC will finally be the title for episode II..

13. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm, Mike Bullocks is the last person we need. Trust me.

He insults his audience. He insults his guests. He insults my intelligence.

I have no desire to watch him insult us a Star Wars fans trying to have fun, make friends, and do something in their communities.

The only time I'd like to see Mike Bullocks and Star Wars together would be in a very nasty lightsabre accident.

14. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Uil, you're welcome to join us if you can make it down to TO. Back when we were in line and people asked how to join us... "Just sit down." So c'mon by and sit down... welcome to the line.

And I agree with Woofer on the Mike Bullard thing, there'd be no point.

15. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks,

sorry for the bullard Idea, I guess I taught you might be able to out-smart him.

That's why I proposed it. [face_devil]

16. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks everyone for stepping up to bat. I know that everyone on this forum and part of the group can be counted on to lend a hand in some way or another. Just wanted to do a head count as to who might be willing to take a role in the organizing committee.

If you've any questions about what might be involved or what might be expected - give me a buzz. Anyone who is interested in being a part of the line's ad-hoc committee, post or drop me a line. I'll be posting within the next week who's on board.

17. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    Again - I'd be willing to help work on the ad-hoc. :)

Cris~

18. bathory

bathory Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I received a lovely letter from Tragic Today and since the time is nearing I know I have to make more of an effort to be active on here... anyhow as I told tragic I am redy willing and able to do what needs to be done. I may or may not have a car at that tme but I will have more nifty bodymods to show you all :p

SO.. yeah. hi again and all that stuff...

19. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    Good to have you back, Hilary. :)

Cris~

20. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Just wanted to let everyone know that an ad hoc committee has been formed to pull things together for the line.

Bathory, Cristalia, Adam-the-Indifferent, Lelila, Kenobi2, David and myself will be running like mad behind the scenes to make this thing as enjoyable as the first line. Thanks guys for volunteering.

By the end of the week, I'll post a complete report of what's going on, who's doing what, and what we will be doing over the next two months.

21. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    hi, I'm not sure if I can get the time off. my boss said no shift swapping unless its an emergency and even though I think this will be he dont, so I have to wait and see. ill know more in the time to come, but if I can help i will I work nights so Im dead during the days. but let me know, thanks

22. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Hi DarthD2-D2!
    I'm in a somewhat similar position. The end of May is the busy time for where I work and they've pretty well stated 'no time off' and have warned that overtime will likely be the norm.

One of the things we did back with the line for Phantom Menace is to make it possible for as many people to participate as possible. People logged the hours they stood in line and come the opening show, we ordered the line based on number of hours spent in line. Most hours at the front - least hours at the back.

We all have school, work and other things that absolutely have to be completed. Nobody's expected to abandon their life to take part of the line. Swing by for an hour or two before or after work. Stop by for a visit on the weekend. Whatever works for you.

23. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Hey:)
    Haven't been on for a bit 'cause I've been swamped:p Dunno if it's too late to say this but I'd love to help out with some stuff...problem is, I can't exactly make any commitments to stuff too far ahead of time 'cause I haven't a clue as to what I'll be up to around then or what my schedule will be like...but I just thought I'd let ya know there's another helping hand around:)

24. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    ty, I work 12 hours shift nights, I work two on, two off, three on, two off, two on, three off. so I do get time and should be able to log some time in line. but what I need to know is when and where. and the logging of hours is the best way to go about it. I havnt been to a line up for a movie before. but I did catch the first showing of ESB & RTJ, they were small lines then. I saw the lines for TPM and couldnt be apart of them due to going to work, I was in vancouver then. I have spent 24 hours in line for Barenaked Ladies concert tickets a few years ago. ok I got a go see ya.

25. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Location, Duration and such are still to be determined. Hopefully, all that will be decided soon.

The main thing about the line is to have fun and meet new people. Logging hours is sorta a formality. It's like the points in Whose Line Is It Anyway? They don't really matter.

While hours do determine your spot in the line, we'll likely be at the front of any line and thus, be guarranted good seats.

When you can make it out, just remember to have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.