main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** EpII LineUp Thread ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Toronto is getting a charity screening.

Did anybody contact Childfind Ontario to get more details? All the info is on the Official site.

2. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    yup, caught that yesterday.

I don't know what others opinions are but I'll be waiting till the 16th to see it with everyone.

Though, supporting the charity may not be a bad thing

3. Somersfilm

Somersfilm Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2002
    Hey people,

Which theatre has been chosen for the official Toronto lineup for AOTC ? I was at the York when TPM opened back in '99 and we all know that it's now closed. I'd like to be with the same group of friends this time around as well.

Thanks
    :D

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    That's awesome! We were at the York as well. Most of us here were apart of the two-week line up there.

Were you apart of that line? Mind if we ask you your name?

5. Somersfilm

Mar 1, 2002
    Hi Adam,

I didn't wait in the line as long as the others, but I was there at 9am that morning and waited for first showing at midnight(about 15 hrs).

The name's Curtis

6. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Nice to meet you Curtis! You may remember me walking around in the rain that night with extra tickets :)
    No official decision as of yet though the Grande is the front runner right now.

7. Somersfilm

Mar 1, 2002
    Hi Lelila,

Thanks very much for the warm welcome ! :)

I look forward to seeing everyone again for Episode II !! I'll be there bright & early on the 15th.

Seeing as we're going to be waiting in line for a while I plan on screening the original trilogy! The screen is only 7" but entirely viewable from a few feet away ( those of you sitting close by will have front row seats :) ) I plan on pumping the sound thru a portable stereo so if you can't see it, you'll hear it !

Now, can anyone bring the Star Wars trivial pursuit game ? All we would really need would be the question cards. We could keep score on paper. Any other ideas on how we could keep ourselves entertained ?

Curtis

8. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hi Curtis, welcome back to the group -
    Do feel free to bring along the Trivial Pursuit game. It wouldn't be a line without a game going on at any given time. Just remember the answer is always 'Porkins' ;)

Do expect Tracy and I to bring along 'Kill Dr. Lucky' and any other cool games we accquire 'tween now and then.

--

This past weekend was a little busy for me so I fell a bit behind in all my Fanforce stuff. Expect posted within the next day or so:
    Announcement regarding our next movie night.
    Lineup FAQs (the where's and whens of the EpII line)
    Posting all the entries to the Toronto Line Icon contest.

9. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Well, I actually hope to be there, so hopefully it'll all work out. I can help out with organization,k although I'm practically useless not actually living in TO ;) BTW, what's the longest consecutive time any of you are lining up?

10. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    hey people, I work in a building with a place called eservus.com in the food court. they sell tickets to just about anywhere that has tickets. movies included. at discount prices. they like to deal with tenents in the building a little better then people off the street and I have an open dialog with one of the people there. if you like I can check into prices for AOTC for you, I wont make any promises and we can see what happens, feel free to tell me no here I wont mind.

11. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I expect to have that week off work so I'll probably be there a good part of the time (not sleeping there - not this time - loud noises, wind, dust, grit - bleh!)

12. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    It looks like I'll be lining up this year like I was planning to do!

Just don't give me a lightsaber and fight me, Cristalia knows why!

SZ

13. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    I suppose I should have gotten my ass back here a while agoand spoken up...oh well. I'm probably going to be doing pretty much the same thing as last time, with slightly less during the day time as I damned well better have another job by May or I'm in trouble. Oh, and griping. Lots of griping.

14. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Trouble? Ha! A sandwhich craves not these things and where he should NOT. For his ally his the miracle whip.

argh...I'm going to go to sleep now. I've ruined the boards enough for one night.

15. bathory

bathory Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    ken; if you sleep there at least 1 night i promise to put new batteries in the furby...

speaking of which did anyone ever get a tape besides me of the first line video shot by dave and whatshisname?

16. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't think so, but I would like to see that again... or even own a copy.

17. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Hmm, an active furby might be reason enough - late night Crack fest.

Well, who knows what crazy/stupid things I'm capable of - I sure don't.

Nope, don't have a copy either Hil.

18. Tiger_A_K

Tiger_A_K Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    yo what up Jedi knights. is it true that only Paramount is gonna get DLP? cause if it is, then i'm gonna camp out there, we gotta see AOTC the way it was meant to be, Digital!

http://www.dlp.com/dlp/cinema/where.asp

if Paramount has digital, i finish all my homework and my teachers and parents let me take a few days off school, then i'll be sleeping on the sidewalk in front of Paramount

Maybe i'll even squeegee some cars while i wait

feel free to drob by and give a starving kid some of that stuff Luke ate on Dagobah

WORD

19. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    It is true that the Paramount is the only theater in Ontario, afaik, that has the digital projection. And yes, we'll definitely be going to see the film at the Paramount. However our lineup will be at the Grande.

The reasons for this are:
    * Sidewalk space. When we looked into lining up for EpI, we were told it is not a problem so long as you don't impede with the regular flow of traffic. The sidewalk at the Grande is huge giving us plenty or room without any fear of being told to move along.

* 24hr establishments. When you've gotta go in the wee small hours - and believe me it will happen sooner or later - it would be nice to have a place available. The Grande has a couple in the area (coffee and sandwich shops), whereas the Paramount has none.

The Paramount will be a great place to see the film - but it would likely be a lousy place to line up.

20. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    And you'll find that Large format DLP definitely need a few more years of work. I've seen a few movies in the DLP projector room at the paramount - Monsters Inc and Final Fantasy being the most recent. Both movies looked 'ok' except in dark scenes - a lot of 'noise' was visible - and rather distracting (yes, I know they added digital noise to Final Fantasy to give it a more real film look and I know they went to far in general). As well, any still text - such as the opening title had obvious pixelation.

The mirror designs for DLP projection, much like rastered images on a computer, only break down the image to a certain size - for projection at a set size or smaller. The screen at the Paramount exceeds that size at least 25%

I've seen DLP Projectors designed for Home Theatre, the problems are not as apparent at that size.

So, though I will eventually see Ep II in that theater for sake of saying I saw it there, I definitely want to see it as it was 'meant' to be shown - film projectors. (at least for a few more years)

21. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    ah, this is where I read about the DLP projection 'noise'.

Less than two months!!

22. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Whose going to be garbed in costumes?

23. Benuvius

Benuvius Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    Hey everybody! I'm Ben and I'm planning on lining up with my girlfriend. We will both be fully garbed as Jedi with home-made lightsabers. What we were planning on doing was coming after school the day before. Will this work? I'm worried, because I lined up for LOTR at 3 in the morning dressed up as a Hobbit, and the next person showed up at 7:30. I do NOT want that to happen again. Also, what do we do about tickets. Will they be sold in advance? If so, where? Wow! I'm so excited about this!

24. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    It's great to see your enthusiam, Benuvius and welcome to the boards!!

You can definitely bet we will be out there lining up. There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment, and the organizers are trying to get things together so we can announce the plans.

I'm sure everyone here is extremely excited and really wants to know what's going on. Expect an update in the very near future. Once the plans are out there (website and likely, an update in this thread) feel free to discuss them.

In the meantime, continue posting in the forums, get to know the people you will be lining up with! Most of all, have fun!!

25. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Well I`ll be comming and going, comming and going;

You know, washroom visits, food court raids, L.C.B.O. recertification-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.