main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Epiosode I TPM DVD problems

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by thefreezebreeze, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefreezebreeze

thefreezebreeze Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2006
    Sorry if this doesn't fit here, I looked all over and couldn't find a place for this to go. I am an avid TPM fan. In spite of that I did not get around to purchasing the DVD until after Ep III came out on DVD. When I bought it I specifically checked on the back to make sure it was Widescreen. The box says Anamorphic Widescreen (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1). Yet, I can only view the movie in fullscreen. I know this because, aside from the deleted scenes, and being a bit sharper, it looks exactly the same as my original VHS. Did I just get a bogus DVD in the case, or is there something wrong with every DVD player I've put the disc into? Also, if I go out and buy another one(which I am willing to do), will the same thing happen to me again? Any help here would be hot!

Thanks.

2. DarkLordoftheSith14

DarkLordoftheSith14 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2004
    You need to exchange it for another one.

3. thefreezebreeze

thefreezebreeze Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2006
    That is what I thought, but I lost my receipt, and there is something about not returning a DVD once you've opened it. Anyway, I guess I'll have to go out and buy another one. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding what the "anamorphic widescreen" meant.

Thanks again.

4. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    If its fullscreen then its not widescreen. You appear to have gotten a defective copy.

5. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    Perhaps it was a full screen DVD packaged with a Widescreen case. If I were you, I would not buy another copy from the same store, as they may have gotten a full shipment of mispackaged DVDs like that. God knows you do not want to buy another one, open it up, find out it is full screen, and not be able to return that one either. That's a good $30-40 that gets wasted after buying two DVDs that you don't want and cannot return.

6. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    The above poster could be correct.

years ago i purchased a copy of BladeRunner on VHS from walmart that was packaged as a wide screen directors cut but was in fact a full screen theatrical release.

once opened they refused to give me a refund or exchange even though their product was not as advertised.

7. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    Where did you buy it??
    Most stores are decent enough to take it back if it's defective. The rule is you can only exchange it for the same DVD though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.