main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Episode 0 - Say it aint so

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DrHaggis, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Oh my.

http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/celebs/articles/1180018.armx

2. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    I don't believe it at all. I think 1) George is tired out and wants a rest and 2) once he catches his breath that the 3D versions and TV spinoffs will keep him occupied.

3. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Give it 15 years and it will probably happen. We never thought we'd get prequels in the first place. GL will miss Star Wars again and come back to it.

4. Rakafraker

Rakafraker Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I think that the reporter has his facts mixed up. (Sorry I can't provide links) I read that he was talking more about going back 800 (or so) years ago (Which would make Yoda a youngster. I wonder what he'd look like...) to show how the Jedi defeated the Sith to form the Republic. Another timeline might also be from the KotOR eras. Either way though, I'm pretty sure he'll let someone else take the reigns.
    BTW... (unrelated) Does anybody know if there is an EU connection as to why Aurra Sing was in Ep.1?

5. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Yoda as a youngster? Why am I picturing a tadpole?

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Taken from starwars.com databank:

Pain, death and vengeance have been constants in Aurra Sing's life. Had she benefited from a better upbringing, perhaps she may have grown to be one of the greatest of the Jedi order. Instead, she became one its deadliest scourges.

As with all Jedi hopefuls, Aurra's Force-potential was discovered when she was an infant. Being raised on the mean streets of Nar Shaddaa's vertical cities, Aurra's species is unknown, and her mother was a spice-addled reprobate named Aunuanna. The mysterious Jedi known as the Dark Woman took custody of Aurra, spiriting her away to Coruscant to begin her initiation into the Jedi way, taking her far from the dark decay of the Smuggler's Moon.

Aurra was a difficult, headstrong student. She displayed a cunning instinct and deadly reflexes, but lacked the control needed to fully master the Force. The Jedi Council hoped that the Dark Woman could tame Aurra's aggressive instincts. Some of her fellow students even branded Aurra with the nickname "Nashtah," after the deadly six-legged Dravian hound.

Aurra and the Dark Woman never established the bond that the Council had hoped for. While on a trip to Ord Namurt, Aurra was kidnapped by star pirates, who fed her lies regarding the Jedi. The lies played well to Aurra's natural fears of abandonment and betrayal. At the tender age of nine, she turned her back on the Jedi order, not even having achieved the rank of a Padawan learner.

The life of a pirate agreed with Sing, as she was able to focus her aggression. She learned martial and hunting skills while living on the fringe. Ill fortune caught up with Sing when a Hutt crime lord took her captive. Wanting her turned into a deadly assassin, the Hutt apprenticed Sing to a group of vampiric Anzati. Aurra underwent a transformation, stripping away any vestiges of compassion she had left. She emerged from her training a deadly, remorseless killer, seeking revenge for all who had wronged her in the past. The Anzati even affixed her with a Rhen-Orm biocomputer sensor implant, which not only increased her situational awareness, but also transmitted a simulated sensation of the fear the Anzati preyed upon.

Aurra became an independent bounty hunter specializing in Jedi hunts. She collected at least six lightsabers from her fallen foes as grim trophies, and brandished her own scarlet-bladed Jedi weapon. She armed herself with twin blaster pistols and a long projectile rifle. For her primary surface conveyance, Sing relied upon an outdated but highly modified swoop.

Aurra continued to kill Jedi as the Republic began to decay and crumble around her. A'Sharad Hett, Peerce and J'Mikel were but three of the Jedi she murdered. She had longed to track down the Dark Woman and exact vengeance for what she viewed as betrayal. Sing had her chance during the Clone Wars.

With her loyalties determined by her own vendettas and the highest bidder, Aurra Sing found easy employ in the chaos of the Clone Wars. She worked for Count Dooku, seeking the young Boba Fett for information the clone child possessed. When she learned that young Fett was heir to a fortune, she disregarded the original bounty mission, and tried to get Jango Fett's treasure for herself. She took the boy to Aargau, home of the riches, where young Boba was able to escape from Aurra in the labyrinthine interior of the banking planet.

When Aurra was hired to assassinate a Senator on Devaron, a team of Jedi was sent to investigate. Among them, the Dark Woman. Aurra sprang a trap on her former master, pinning the Dark Woman and the Jedi Master Tholme in a cave explosion.[ Aurra Sing ] The remaining Jedi, Aayla Secura, tracked down Aurra and confronted her. What followed was a fierce duel between the two women. The fight was nearly a draw, until Aayla goaded Aurra, piercing through her icy façade to describe the wounded, lonely, abandoned child within. Aurra attacked ferociously, but Aayla bested her.

True to her Jedi heritage, Aayla did not needlessly take Aurra's life. She instead scarred her with her bla

7. Rakafraker

Rakafraker Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Thanks, Prelude!

I read that too, but it still doesn't really explain why she was in Ep.1. I was hoping that someone might have read in an EU novel or something why she was at the Boonta Eve Podrace. Was she sent there to monitor Jedi activities? Maybe she had something against one of the podracers? Perhaps she likes to watch podracing from a different POV... Whichever the case, I was really hoping to see her in action in II or (more hopefully) III.
    I know I probably should have started another board on this, but if anyone has any info PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.