main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 1 film reel

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by jjstorm25, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjstorm25

jjstorm25 Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2009
    Hey i came across this reel which turns out to be star wars episode 1, i'm not sure if its just the trailer or the whole movie (dont wanna remove the tape holding it together)... seems to small to be the whole movie. Anyways i was wondering if it had any value?

[image=http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8863/getattachmentnpy.jpg]
    [image=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/543/getattachment2x.jpg]

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Looks like a trailer to me. A single film reel would be at least 10 times the size of that and there'd probably be 7-8 of them if it were Episode 1, lol.
    I wouldn't worry about removing the tape, I can't imagine it's worth much.

3. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Thats too short to be the movie. It proboly the trailer, that being the case it could go for a good $80-$150 on ebay.

4. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    It's definitely a 2 minute trailer in 35mm (I deal with them everyday). I'm sorry to say it's probably not worth more than 10 bucks, especially if it's a used rewound trailer(which it looks to be) that has scratches, dirt,etc.

5. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Yep, I too deal with these every day and can safely say it looks like a trailer, again, not worth much at the moment because they are produced en masse, but hold onto it, it's a great addition to anyone's SW collection, I nabbed a few myself ;)

These items occasionally turn up on ebay too, but never sell for much. If the film is dirty, you can always clean it up a bit with some isopropyl cleaner and a soft rag. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.