main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 1 Foriegn Residence Gown (Padme Amidala)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Nidrail, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Hello everyone! I saw there wasn't a thread for this so I thought I'd post it,
    I found this on this Dress:

http://community.webshots.com/album/75759642kpAQCa/0
    The guy doubts these are real movie costumes, but they look pretty close to me.

~N

2. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    The Queens definitely are not the real costumes, but are very good replicas.

The handmaidens, on the other hand, might well be the real things, although with the gold ones I'm not sure because the velvet looks right, but the underdress (with the ribbing) is wrong, and definitely not like the ones that were at FIDM. But the handmaiden velvets look VERY correct to me.

Interesting find! Any idea where these were on display?

3. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    I know that there are a few replicas licensed by lucasfilms- weren't they used at a fashion show that kay_dee went to a while back? These could be those. Just my small .02 :)

~Laura

4. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, someone forwarded me a link to those costumes a few weeks ago. My conclusion was that they looked very much like the costumes I saw at the Fashion show. They certainly are not the costumes used in the movie.

The headdress styling in back of the black costume is different than the one used at the fashion show. It is possible that it could have been tampered with at some point (hair in the back undone) or LFL could have made several sets of these official costumes. I also didn't remember there being a pattern to the inner sleeve fabric and underdress fabric (I rember it having some metallic sparkle and being fluffy) - but it was VERY dark back stage when I was talking to the model so maybe there was a pattern to the fabric that I just couldn't see.

As for the handmaidens looking a lot like the real ones - the ones in the fashion show were also pretty spot on.

- Kay Dee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.