main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Episode 2 celebration in Indy -- May 2002

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Mar 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Hey, all... this was posted on the TFN main page a few days ago, in case not everyone got a chance to see it.

-------------------------------------------
    TFN has received two reports confirming the location of the sequel official fan convention to be held in May of 2002, celebrating the release of the second installment of Star Wars.

Hecter was at the the Toy Show in Las Vegas where it was announced that May 2-4, 2002 were the dates the dates of the Star Wars Celebration II. And the location? Indianapolis, Indiana. An R2 unit also chimed in with the same location confirmation about 10 days ago here to TFN, so it looks to be set.

More details as they surface, but expect a huge list of cast members attending, exclusive items and much more from the event of epic proportions. And of course, TFN will be there in full, er, FORCE. :)

UPDATE
    Sebulba-X says that the folks in Indiana are really quick. You can see the Indianapolis Convention Center and RCA Dome?s official website already has the listing on the event calendar: Wed May 1 - May 6 2002 Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Cele. 2000 Hall B.

2. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    So anyway, several from the Nashville area will be attending, and hopefully a few others. I realize this might not be as convenient for everyone in the South as it is for the Nashville area, but hopefully some more can join us.

If anyone wants to join the Nashvillians in the ride up, the thread in the Nashville forum can be found here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2260936&replies=5

Let's have a strong showing from the South Region!

3. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Hama,

Do you think we can get a cost package together so everyone will have a general idea on what they will be out? Are there any contacts in Indy for this?

4. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll ask around. I know quite a few people in the Indy forum (that's where I got started in FanForce). I'll post as soon as I find it.

5. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Also, Grand Moff Joker (a Nashville FanForce alum, I might mention) sent this in to TFN:

Indianapolis Celebration Update
    Wed, Mar 28, 01 02:46:08 PM EST

Grand Moff Joker sends this in:

Grand Moff Joker, here. Greetings again, with awesome new Celebration 2 info!
    I've been doing some additional digging into the reports about the Celebration being at the Indianapolis Convention Center/RCA Dome. Knowing that there was no way that Hall B would be able to support the type of crowds expected for the next Celebration, I thought it wouldn't hurt to email the ICC staff and get to the bottom of things. Below is the reply I just received:

------------------------------

Five exhibit halls and various meeting rooms are being utilized for this event. Due to certain restrictions with our calendar, all space is not shown on the website.

------------------------------

Pretty great news, huh? Now, if you'll go to this link you can see that Halls A, B, C, D, and E can be interconnected, so I'm assuming that's going to be the five halls that Wizards of the Coast has reserved. I just did the math, and that totals up to 219,500 square feet of Celebration space in the Halls alone...and that doesn't count the meeting rooms mentioned in the email from the ICC. With that much space (And all indoors! Thank the maker!), the Star Wars Celebration II has the potential to be one heck of a memorable event.

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Here's a link to the Indy Convention Center and its calendar:

http://www.iccrd.com
    http://www.iccrd.com/conv/calendar/convcal.html

Tickets probably won't go on sale for a while -- after all, it is a little over a year away. There hasn't been any mention in the Indy forums about cost/availability of tickets, at least not yet.

7. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Hey south!

THe Indy Knights are going to get as much info together as far as hotel's and what not.

Keep an eye peeled in the INdy thread for more. If I can I will try to update when we have more.

Hoosier Xizor

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Will do.

9. The Larch

The Larch Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 1999
    Hey, I'm all for driving up from Huntsville, AL, which would take me right through Nashville. I have a small car, but could squeeze someone else in, or even rent a van. Will mull over until closer to Con time. :) I'll go hit the Huntsville forum too. Wonder how fast hotels will fill up?

10. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I would guess by the end of this summer, possibly all the nice hotels will be gone.

(maybe....)

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    The hotels within a block of the Convention Center might be booked, but they're be plenty of rooms downtown or even cheaper rooms in the hundreds of hotels on I-465, just giving you a 10-20 minute drive into town.

Not getting a room shouldn't be an excuse not to come... however, the inability to pay for it is an acceptable one. ;)

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll just make it an excuse to visit my parents in Muncie. ;)

13. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    So Hama,

Are you offering to let some of us "crash" at your parents' "crib" while we are there? Hmmmmm...?? *evil grin*

14. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I know that the Atlanta crew plans to go up. At least a few of us do. Maybe we should try to have some FanForce South get-together while there. Any thoughts from other folks? :cool:

15. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Any news on this front?

16. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Might want to talk with Shara (Indianapolis City Rep). She's been talking with Steve Sansweet regarding the Celebration, and getting things organized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.