main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Episode 2 DVD Trailer

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Plisskin, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plisskin

Plisskin Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2001
    Ok Is it just me or is the DVD trailer a little underwhelming. After the breathing trailer seemed to show a tonal shift in the series the new one seems to be.......I dunno something. Guess its not quite what I expected. I'm just afraid that the silly humor of TPM is making a return, that whole flying through the electricity bit bugs me for some reason Jar Jar flashbacks I think. On the upside Ewan looks killer with the beard going on and no sign of Mr. Binks anywhere that I noticed.

2. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Silly humour? What do you mean? I don't recall any poo poo jokes. I remember well done jokes.
    Anakin: I decided to come and rescue you.
    Obi-Wan: Good Job!

It's just like the old Han Solo-ish humour. The electricity part was cool to me. At least it wasn't overplayed. Besides, what's Star Wars without something funny in it?

Plus, there was lots of other neat stuff! The Jawas and the sandcrawler (OT feel), Slave 1 and Obi-Wan in the asteroid field, the queen's ship exploding, Padme's new dress, Obi-Wan cutting of Zam's arm, Yoda, Padme in the nightgown(!), Obi-Wan jumping out of the window, the speeder chase, the Kamino flying whales, Jango, the rain battle, Anakin and the Force Lightning(wicked), the arena....
    That's about the whole trailer.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Look again though, Mark.

Everyone's favourite Gungan is in at least 2 shots that I recall.

4. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    yeah, Jar jar is there, although he dosen`t speak...I thought the DDVD trailer was alot better than the breathing one...although the latter did have more of an ambiance to it i suppose.

5. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    The DVD trailer is FANTASTIC!!!!
    It shows action!
    It shows character development!
    It shows humour! (not Jar Jar toilet humour, but the good ol', dry Han Solo type),
    all the great stuff that was so lacking in The Phantom Menace. Underwhelming? NO WAY!!
    Looks like the OLD Star Wars is back! That's something to get excited about!!!
    Yay! :D :D :D :D :D

6. Hitmann

Hitmann Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    The Phantom Menace trailer also looked great but that movie bit so much ass that it isn't even funny.

Ep 2 could go either way as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, Jar Jar is in the trailer. That in itself is a clear indication of potential Ass-ness.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

7. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    :confused:
    don`t like star wars? DON`T WATCH IT, MORE SEATING FOR THE REST OF US

8. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Nice suggestion, Ian. Personally I could have done without the 6 year olds thinking Anakin was Luke. :)

Even though Jar Jar is in the movie, he has become a senator and non-idiotic (if possible)

9. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    Hi Han!!

Yeah, Jar Jar was supposed to have a cool role, as we talked about before..too bad all of the nay sayers swayed GL`s judgement...and YES, I used to be a nay sayer too :( but I`ve reformed in the past 4 months :)

10. Hitmann

Hitmann Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    Actually I do like Star Wars...hence my sorrow for the Phantom Menace.

Like I said...I hope I am wrong about the new movie. I'm gonna decide when I see it.

I just learned not to get my hopes up. And sadly, that was part of the fun.

11. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    Yeah, the reason i got upset is, that Lucas had said that the 6 episodes are supposed to be one movie, one big movie...just think, where would ANH be without Empire and Jedi? TPM is gonna seem alot better after eps 2 & 3 are finished...don`t knock it before it`s done.

If the plot run-down i have is anything to go by (looking at the trailers makes me believe it is) Ep1 is going to look like a masterpeice...it`s all in GL's plan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.