1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA Episode 2 Premiere

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jayd, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
  2. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm actually wondering if the outer-rim has anything planned.

But thanks for all the other info sir.

:p
  3. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh its planned, yes it is.

But as far as I know its just that, planned. :)
  4. MarkI Former TFN Games Staff

VIP
    star 1
    I had plans to line up about a week before, just for the hell of it. Where and exactly when i'm not sure, but if anyone is game, give us a buzz to organise, etc.

May will be a hell busy time. 16 is Episode 2, 17th is the Gamecube launch along with Rogue Leader. Now that is a week to remember.
  5. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    What exactly is planned SK ? cause I don't know.

I don't think we will need to line up for a week Mark, this is Perth, not New York.

:)
  6. MarkI Former TFN Games Staff

VIP
    star 1
    I think I know that.
  7. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Plans? We know what we'd like to do. Only problem is finding a cinema that know's what they're doing.
  8. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anyone know anybody that works for a cinema that could get us a interview or something? Anything?

We only need one cinema!
  9. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Dan's been working on Greater union I think...

He's been ringing up a cinema every couple of days anyway... I think they were spozed to send him an email about it or something, not sure... But yeah, I think he's planning to pester them for an interview on Monday (his day off from TAFE)
  10. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Ummyep and I know someone who works for a cinema, and I know some people at the cinema at carousel, will ask them this week if there is anything they can do to help.
  11. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    OK, just make sure you stress the fact that we don't neccessarily want a discount.... we just want a cinema to presell the tickets for......

I will have another crack at Greater Union Innaloo later today.
  12. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Aztec. Do you know if the folks at Carousel have done this sort of screening for a group before?
    Anyone former Westrek members know how they arranged it?
  13. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, who else was impressed with what DS accomplished for us? I thought it rocked the kasbar...

Oh well, just didn't seem like we dwelled on it much...
  14. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    For those that don't know what SM's on about, Soup has secured a cinema at Greater Union Innaloo for us. This means you can book your tickets to see the Premiere through Outer Rim! I'm sure Soup will make a more official post about it, with all the details, at some stage... But that's a huge accomplishment and I for one am really proud of him... :)
  15. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
  16. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I already mentioned it his fine work on the general forums.
  17. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Now all we gotta do is mention it in all the right places around Perth, :)

I even found a popular shop that would be willing to sell tickets for us, Soup, remind me to talk to you soon ;)
  18. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Which reminds me. I forgot to grab some of SK's poster before I left the meet. I'd like to put up a few around uni. I hadn't even thought of that since I only just started uni again after several years but there'd be plenty of starwars fans there.
  19. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't believe I'm doing this, cause I'm nothing but a lurker.

If you want opening night for SW2--history shows Hoyts will do it(do not waste time with others) Hoyts will have the rights for opening night(they have had it for the last 4 movies).

There is not a history at Carousel--because the cinema last time was not in operation due to renovations.

Geez if you people LOVE SW then opening night should be no other place than Hoyts Carousel---anywhere else is a joke. The place is the best sound, best screen and the biggest seating capacity in Perth.

And more important they have special seats(La Premiere)-for those people/groups who wish to hire.

If you have enough numbers and can make the price, you could at this stage book out the best seats in WA-the choice is yours.

back to lurk mode.....
  20. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    EDIT: Skip this post, just read Soup's below.
  21. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    If you had read the thread Mutley, the deal is already done, and not with Hoyts.....

Greater Union was the only place to accept a deal, apparantly no-one wants to lose money on a bulk hire within two weeks of Star Wars opening.

We have a flexible time at Greater Union Innaloo, in the Senstadium, the biggest and best cinema that GU has to offer.

As of now, there is no midnight screening planned like last time. But if one comes up, we have first dibs on the same cinema for it. But if this does not occur, we have the cinema booked out for the prime time screening of 6.30pm on the day it comes out.

I would like to have the committee get together, so that we can arrange something soon, so we can start selling tickets.

I am not going to have much net use until Monday, as iBorg have bogged up my account again and I can't afford to fix it till then.

I will endeavour to try to get something organised for next weekend.

DS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.