main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Episode 2 Trailer = WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Plisskin, Nov 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plisskin

Plisskin Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2001
    Hey guys just saw the trailer, wont spoil it here but good gawd talk about understated and powerful! Simple but VERY effective. Chime in with what you guys think upon seeing it. WHOOOOOOOO! signing off 4 now............

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi Mark..or should I say Twisted Sister!! [face_laugh](Channel 10)

We are going on the 6th....we'll let you know.

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Well...

Nick, Stef, and I saw the trailer!!!!!!
    We were handing out flyers for the club in the theater and when we were done the theater manager let us go in...FREE!!!!

VERY COOL!!!!!!!!

Mark you were very right.

4. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    WOW!!!
    The beauty of it all!

The breathing,
    Jango fett,
    The saber fighting,
    The darkness,
    The chase scene,
    Obi-Wan,
    Anakin,
    Padme!
    The clonetroopers,
    Slave I,
    Everything!

Wow! I must see it again. It'll be all over TV on Monday. The best part is...

...I saw it before all of you! (except for Plissken and some others) MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

5. Plisskin

Plisskin Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2001
    First off Chris, did you get my new e-mail addy and welcome back from wherever it was you were going. Glad you guys liked the trailer and agreed with me. Still getting goosebumps whenever I think about it. Seems like its gonna be much darker in tone than Ep.1 WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm giddy with excitement!!
    BTW What are you dong watching cable 10?!? lol

6. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
    Actually, I was the one who spotted you on cable 10. I noticed that they were showing the Planet Hollywood Halloween Party. I saw someone dressed like Twisted Sister and I thought "that couldn't be Mark, could it?"
    Then, what do you know? I knew it was you.

Heheeh, you thought we would never know!

7. Plisskin

Plisskin Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2001
    Heh heh Actually Im not that surprised despite all the make up and wig and my good looks just shine right through. ;)
    And all the tattoos kinda give it away too

8. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    The. Trailer. Was. Awsome.

Thats all I have to say. Oh yes, Nick, you will have to tape that little bit of Mark in drag... hehehe

Shaden

9. sabre81

sabre81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Has anyone else seen the online Episode 2 trailer? It has tons of action sequences and shows many characters. I also saw an Aussie trailer which was totally different. The part I liked best about that one was glimpse of Qui-Gon Jin as a ghost, similar to Obi Wan in Episodes 5 and 6. The first trailer is about 1:57 long and the Aussie one about 1:38. Are these real or are they just fan compilations?

10. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
    Um... that never happened.
    Thoses were a FAKE trailers. FAKE FAKE FAKE. Did you notice that it included clips from Episode 1 and other non-Star Wars movies? I've seen the ones you mentioned. They have been known as fan-made. The only real trailer was the one I saw last night before Monsters, Inc. It will be on Starwars.com on Monday. There will be another trailer with the DVD's online content. The 3rd trailer will be shown with Harry Potter.

11. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I saw it and I was so happy that I started to cry!
    People were looking at me but it was worht tot see such a great trailer, I was a bit worried that they were not going to show becuase first wee had to sit throught the trailer for harry potter,peter pan, etc,etc

12. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!
    I feel so left out! I was at a party, so...
    It'll be available for dowload next week, though (Episode II Trailer AND Mark in drag) :p

13. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Is it just me or did anyone else feel the Obi-wan floating via X-files style was a bit of a spoiler?

14. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    My friends saw you Bayley!!! LOL My friends were talkin' 'bout how they saw Monster Inc and cried at the end, then one said "But for some reason, one girl was crying during the previews!" LOL I thought that was great

15. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
    Shhhhhhh, Shmi! Ixnay on the oating-obi-wan-flay!

16. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Hunh? Obi being flayed while sowing his oats?

Which version of the trailer did you see?

17. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I just saw the Ep 2 Aussi trailer... There is alot of footage from Ep 1, but there is really footage from ep 2.

How do I know?

************ Slight Spoiler***************

Highlight to read.... lets see if this works...

[color=EEE4E4]Matt Doran Plays a trouble maker selling drugs, and I saw him *drool* in the Aussi trailer[/color]

************ End of slight spoiler**********

Shaden

18. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    no that is NOT from episode 2!! The clips of..that guy you are talking about...are really just combined shots of the actor in another movie.

19. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    OK, OK, OK.....I saw it on the Official Site today. I know it doesn't stand up to what you guys saw at the theatre, but after all, I'm just a wannabe :_|

20. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Well, I just saw the trailer for the first time and I have one BIG question for everyone....

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL!?!?!?!

HONESTLY! It was crap!!!

All I saw was a couple of shots I've seen pics of on the net to the background of an obscene phone call. I truly hope someone in the advertising agency got fired for this one. C'mon people, you have to see what I see. You must realize that all things Star Wars arn't great. This is a prime example of it.

21. mister_rebo

mister_rebo Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2001
    What a scintillating....uh...how many seconds was that trailer????? My cerebral cortex could hardly stand it. Please Sir, Mr. Lucas....can I have some more???? :p

22. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
    Well, Mert. You obviously made that up since one two of those shots were on the net.
    I honestly don't know anyone who hated it.
    Episode 2 has a great advertising campaign coming up soon. The first "real" trailer is on the 16th.

23. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    I saw the Ep2 trailer at the first showing of Monsters Inc...and I saw the DVD only trailer too, which is better than the "breathing" trailer..i think the one on the 16th will be the best though

24. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
  25. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    Oh I agree, that trailer is amazing. I can't begin to desciribe how pleased I am with it.

I'm not promoting pirating of the trailer or anything, but there is a way to watch the second trailer, titled "Mystery", without the DVD. I found it on KaZaA, and you may also be able to get it on Morpheus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.