main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 21: I think Qui-Gon WAS actually talking to Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARCstudent, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARCstudent

ARCstudent Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    Maybe they changed it at the last minute. I noticed in episode 21 that Qui-Gon is talking to a boy with blue eyes. Both the Anakins in the live action movies have brown eyes; Hayden and Jake both have dark brown eyes. Ewan has blue grey eyes. This is even true in all the cartoon episodes.

Try here.

2. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Umm....no. Anakin and Luke have always had brown eyes. Sometimes it's hard to tell because of the lighting. In fact look up at the left-hand corner of the banner with Obi and Anakin- you clearly see Ani has blue eyes.

EDIT: Good theory though, Obi-Wan's final test- can he save his Padawan?

3. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    If that was Anakin, then when did Qui-Gon bring him to The Tree?
    That and I thought Qui-Gon failed to re-appear as a ghost?

4. -The_Chosen_One-

-The_Chosen_One- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    Yeah, how could that have been Anakin? He was picked up on Tattoine and taken directly to Coruscant, then Naboo in TPM. I doubt they had any time to work with Anakin's Force skills and put him through any type of test.

5. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    ^ I don't think it was intended as a flashback but rather as a forshadowing of the trials that Anakin would have to face. I also think it was intended to show the way that Anakin should have been trained with patience and compassion rather than the scorn and distrust that Obi-Wan and the Council seem to heap on him. I think it was meant to show that Qui-Gon should have been Anakins master. If anything that scene made me miss Qui-Gon all the more and wish he could have been a part of Anakins life outside of TPM...

6. Unrealism

Unrealism Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
  7. MoldyBread

MoldyBread Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 10, 2000
    Damn, we need a comentary track like last season to explain everything.

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    No, I think it was a symbolic vision of Anakin.

Qui-Gon was saying that Anakin had one final test. There are three ways to interpret this.

1) The final trial Anakin is going through in this season: thesting the spirit.

2) It's referring to Anakin's final test with the Dark Side, and the events in RotS are the test. Obviously he fails that test.

3) All of the above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.